Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Blackpool | Saturday 7th October 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    We have to overcome the reality that Blackpool still have some higher division residuals and they will be very tough opposition.
    On the other hand Appleton should know what their players can do, on the third hand he doesn’t yet know the full capability of the players at Charlton.

• Options
    2-1 home win. Main worry is our leaky defence....
  • Options
    Tedious game as Blackpool shut up shop and we pass around trying to find a gap but Hector's headed goal from Watson's corner in the 42nd minute is enough for all three points.
    Hectors headed goal , more chance of a 1 nil defeat.
  • Options
    Form guide since Apples took over

Those figures for Pompey look interesting. For a team that’s got form for starting like they have this season and choking, conceding 5 goals in 4 games against weaker opposition looks like a warning sign they are getting ready to choke again, hopefully.
    Portsmouth have conceded first in six of their 11 games so far - a concerning trend. What’s impressive is that they’ve gone on to win four of those six, including the last three games in a row.

Either their ‘luck’ runs out and they stop finding a way to turn those games around as regularly, or they will be near unstoppable forever more.
  • Options

TEAM NEWS

Harry Isted (knee), Tayo Edun (hamstring), Conor McGrandles (knee), Terry Taylor (ankle) and Panutche Camará (foot) are all sidelined for this weekend's clash.

The Tangerines will be without injured trio Jordan Gabriel (knee), Matty Virtue (hamstring) and Kyle Joseph (hamstring).

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-blackpool

• Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer
    Watson Hector Jones Thomas
    Dobson Watson
    Tedic May Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn

Molyneux Ness Asiimwe Fraser Campbell Campbell Aneke

A fluid first XI with May, Tedic and Leaburn all taking turns leading the line to befuddle Blackpool, and we run out 2-0 winners, another cameo from Fraser and Aneke gets a vital 25 mins too, happy days.

• Options
    2-2 draw, solid home point against what should end up being a play off rival of ours.

Be very surprised to see Aneke start 2 games in a row so soon but then we probably don't know the exact extent of what he can do at the moment and how much he is able to play.

I liked Tedic the other night, thought he caused a lot of problems against Exeter. Think he will start again and hopefully continue the fluidity we have had up top recently.

Having a consistent back 4 will eventually bring more solid performances and familiarity with the players, it will start coming together soon enough i'm sure.

COYR!!
  • Options
    I'll be happy as a dog with two tails if we win this.
  • Options
    On the train up for this, pie and mash and a weekend of £8 pints...
    where u going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    clive said:

TEAM NEWS

Harry Isted (knee), Tayo Edun (hamstring), Conor McGrandles (knee), Terry Taylor (ankle) and Panutche Camará (foot) are all sidelined for this weekend's clash.

The Tangerines will be without injured trio Jordan Gabriel (knee), Matty Virtue (hamstring) and Kyle Joseph (hamstring).

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-blackpool

Taken us 3 seasons to sign a wing back and he's injured...

3-0 Addicks
  • Options
    Pints of Leffe....surprised that's just £8!
  • Options
    I think we will win tomorrow, but with Jordan Rhodes in the opposition can't see us getting a clean sheet win. Especially with the attacking formation Apples used on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Tricky game but confidence is flowing. We can concede and still win now? Amazing. Blackpool are on a poor run but are still a top 6 side. Not going to be easy 2-2.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    £7:75. After the first one you don't give a shit.
  • Options
    I think we will win tomorrow, but with Jordan Rhodes in the opposition can't see us getting a clean sheet win. Especially with the attacking formation Apples used on Tuesday.
    Get him sent off. He can be a bit tasty so intelligent work should do the job 
  • Options
    4-3. But to whom?
  • Options
    830 tickets sold before POTG. 
  • Options
    We all know @Hertsseasider is one of the good guys, so I hope you have a great day with your compadres, only cursing a homer Referee for sending 2 off for dodgy farts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m wondering if Apples will instruct Alfie and Dobbo to pick up late yellow cards to have their slates wiped clean? So easy to pick up a yellow these days as Louie Watson found to his cost against Exeter. You don’t have to take the risk of fouling an opponent in case the ref interprets it as an “Aimson”. Can’t see Apples wanting to play a full strength team for next Tuesday’s Villa affair
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    I’m wondering if Apples will instruct Alfie and Dobbo to pick up late yellow cards to have their slates wiped clean? So easy to pick up a yellow these days as Louie Watson found to his cost against Exeter. You don’t have to take the risk of fouling an opponent in case the ref interprets it as an “Aimson”. Can’t see Apples wanting to play a full strength team for next Tuesday’s Villa affair
    I was thinking the same. 
    Just kick the ball away in added on time  :)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Maynard-Brewer
    Watson Hector Jones Thomas
    Dobson Watson
    Tedic May Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn

Molyneux Ness Asiimwe Fraser Campbell Campbell Aneke

A fluid first XI with May, Tedic and Leaburn all taking turns leading the line to befuddle Blackpool, and we run out 2-0 winners, another cameo from Fraser and Aneke gets a vital 25 mins too, happy days.

Not enough defensive players for me. 
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    I didn't think League suspensions counted towards Cup games.
  • Options
    3:2 Addicks
    go go go
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    I didn't think League suspensions counted towards Cup games.
    You are right. Copied and pasted this:

New rules have been brought in this season which mean changes across many areas including the yellow and red card system.

In the past, yellow cards picked up in the Premier League, football leagues, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be added up together.

This meant that five yellow cards across all competitions would result in a player missing one match - in whichever competition they should have been playing in next.

However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.

Red cards will continue to count across all competitions.

Jose Holebas was shown a straight red for Watford against West Ham in the final match of last season - and was suspended for the FA Cup final.

• Options
    Sorry Golfie and thanks Major. Somehow thought the yellow card idea might work! That’s too bad!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    £7:75. After the first one you don't give a shit.
    Ow
  • Options
    Blackpool are one point and place above us in the league table. The way opposition teams are bigged up on here made me think they are flying higher than that! 
  • Options
    Just watched EFL highlights of Blackpool in the last few games. This will be a great win for us, they don't look  like pushovers.Expecting a tough game.