Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Exeter City : Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45Pm

Comments

• Options
    Patches of this team look quality and others look well off it.. can't see what Tedic offers so far at all. 
  • Options
    Thomas has been good until the final third. Edun will be an improvement going forward but he's an easy target. T Watson been much more porous 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Really good first half in terms of controlling the game. Scoreline however is typical. I'd have started Isted on form.

Think AMB should have committed to the save he was fucked either way for not. Marking was typically poor for that moment, but bar one other shot they've not troubled us.

How we're not 2/3-1 up I don't know. Aneke has been good, CBT nicked a good goal from Chuks hard work. 

Dobson solid, Watson good, Watson good, May good, Hector meh, Jones okay, Thomas good, Tedic good. Chuks good, BT in and out, AMB poor.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Thomas has been good until the final third. Edun will be an improvement going forward but he's an easy target. T Watson been much more porous 
    I wouldn’t want to be a full back with Tedic and CBT in front of you. Not sure I’ve seen them in our half at all. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Leuth said:
    I wouldn’t want to be a full back with Tedic and CBT in front of you. Not sure I’ve seen them in our half at all. 
    CBT has definitely got back to help deal with Mitchell once or twice. To be fair hardly any of the Football has even been played in our half.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    One of Exeter’s two decent chances came from Thomas going walk about instead of tracking his man down the wing.

Usually solid but not been impressed by him this evening.
  • Options
    That formation just not working for me - would rather have an extra midfielder rather than Tedic  shocking lack of movement at times across the team. Louie Watson a real standout - not impressed by his namesake at right back and we are carved open in defence too easily and why is May not in the box for corners?
  • Options
    Bizarre formation. Having that many attacking players up front in a line PLUS Thomas bombing forward is the sort of tactic you normally only see in the last 5 minutes of a cup tie when you're losing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Open match so far but I think we've shaded it. Both teams look dangerous in attack. We've looked shakey at the back at times. Whereas they've given us the ball needlessly on several occasions. Looking forward to the second half. We can win this.
  • Options
    Isn't inciting the crowd a yellow anymore? Exeter scorer runs to North stand, slides cupping his ears. Gets to feet, steps forward two steps to get closer to the crowd to celebrate in front of them. Minor in the scheme of things but surely should be a booking for that nonsense.
    Only if they go into the crowd itself... Which would be rather stupid
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    We've been all over them. They've broken twice and scored once.

We need to nip that in the bud, but these are some weird comments based on that half of football.

• Options
    Well deserved equaliser. 
    But we should be winning 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Bring on C Campbell in midfield and replace Tedic
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    One of Exeter’s two decent chances came from Thomas going walk about instead of tracking his man down the wing.

Usually solid but not been impressed by him this evening.
    I can only assume he's been asked to be that attacking, but it's left so much space behind him when it breaks down..

Dobbo and Louie are having to do the work of 3 or even 4 players at times.
  • Options
    Lucky from Tennai not to give a penalty in the first half watching a replay... We'd have been screaming had it been against us
  • Options
    Isn't inciting the crowd a yellow anymore? Exeter scorer runs to North stand, slides cupping his ears. Gets to feet, steps forward two steps to get closer to the crowd to celebrate in front of them. Minor in the scheme of things but surely should be a booking for that nonsense.
    It’s what he is paid for.

Any goal against Charlton should make you angry, no matter how a player celebrates.
  • Options
    Basic errors nearly cost us twice. But Exeter are there for the taking 2nd half, they’re crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This Watson looks very good 
    Two lols?

This a wind up, best player for us so far..
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Curbs and Lisbie say T Watson's challenge was lucky not to be a pen. Our handball claim not a clear pen either. 

#kevandcurbsout

• Options
    Trouble with swapping Tedic with Leaburn is can Chuks play 80/90 minutes? 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Tedic is a forward not a winger. 
    Yes, I can read, and am fully aware of what his natural position is.

Alfie May is also a forward but he’s played his position and come back and helped. And Tedic has done it in previous games when he came on as a sub. 

It might be tactical, especially with all the diagonal balls, and Appleton wants our wingers to stay forwards. But I’d question that, you don’t seem them leaving CBT one on one with there full back constantly. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    This Watson looks very good 
    Two lols?

This a wind up, best player for us so far..
    I lol!'d because we've got two Watson's on the pitch, and presumed you'd forgotten that, not to mention which it was
  • Options
    Tedic has been booked though
  • Options
    I'm not making any unenforced changes with how we finished the half. 

Chuks off around 60 for Leaburn and maybe give T Campbell a go down the other wing.
  • Options
    Curbs and Lisbie say T Watson's challenge was lucky not to be a pen. Our handball claim not a clear pen either. 

#kevandcurbsout

Yeah was stonewall for me. So so clumsy 
  • Options
    Basic errors nearly cost us twice. But Exeter are there for the taking 2nd half, they’re crap
    They really aren't crap. They're happy to play on the break, and have looked really dangerous when they break quickly.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Trouble with swapping Tedic with Leaburn is can Chuks play 80/90 minutes? 

Replace Aneke down the middle with May.

Fraser or C.Campbell comes on in Midfield
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!