Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Exeter City : Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45Pm

Comments

• Options
    Well deserved equaliser. 
  • Options
    2mins added
  • Options
    We are knocking on the door. I think we will score, but I don’t trust us on the counter. 
    There we go.

I don’t get the bed wetting this half. It’s like you’ve never seen a team sit back and score goals/look dangerous on the counter. Leicester won a league title doing it. 

Yeah we defended moments poorly, which is typical us, but overall we have dominated this game. 
  • Options
    1-1 'bout bloody time, Chuks header off the bar, CBT slams in the rebound
  • Options
    Imagine swapping out Thomas for Rhoys Wiggins, peak 2011-12 era
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    B Rovers 2-0

Port Vale down to 10 men
  • Options
    Lovely cross from CBT to no one in the box, delicious cross had someone attacked it.
  • Options
    Tedic booked for a bit of a rugby tackle on half way
  • Options
    HT 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta say, I like this ref. Gotten everything right and not bought any Exeter diving
  • Options
    Tedic booked for a bit of a rugby tackle on half way
    Thomas deals with the free kick, with the ball going for a corner.

Referee doesnt allow it to be played though, and blows for HT
  • Options
    Why is it always so easy for opposing teams to pass it around and through us?

Such a soft touch. 
  • Options
    Is it 2-2-1-5 we are playing? If nothing else it's revolutionary. 
  • Options
    Aneke and L Watson been unplayable, Tedic and Thomas look worryingly donkey-esque 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok performance. Still looking ropey at the back. Leaburn for Tedic at half time please. He looks lost in that wide role.

Impressed with Louis Watson.

Thought it was just me thinking AMB should have done better with the goal, but Curbs seems to agree.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I think we should be looking to win this, but Tedic and May are wasted in this formation.
  • Options
    H/T Prestatyn Town 0 - 1 Colwyn Bay.
  • Options
    5/10 so far...

We've dominated the game, Exeter's attack have had to feed off scraps, unfortunately they got given a full Sunday Roast Dinner with their goal.

Confident of us getting the three points still, given the timing of the equaliser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are knocking on the door. I think we will score, but I don’t trust us on the counter. 
    There we go.

I don’t get the bed wetting this half. It’s like you’ve never seen a team sit back and score goals/look dangerous on the counter. Leicester won a league title doing it. 

Yeah we defended moments poorly, which is typical us, but overall we have dominated this game. 
    No problem with sitting back and counter attacking, but you need to keep more clean sheets, as Leicester did that season. 
  • Options
    Very impressed with Louie Watson so far. Think 1-1 was more than fair (although some of our defending is a horror show.
  • Options
    HT 1-1, and 1-1 is the least we deserve, we should be 2-1 up at least after one disallowed for a dodgy offside, and the clear handball, but looking forward to getting the winner second half kicking towards The Covered End
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Been the better side, but have looked lost at times and shocking in defence. 

Louie Watson the stand out, great half from him.

If we keep gifting Exeter time, space and no defence then it'll be touch and go, tighten up at the back and we'll win comfortably.
  • Options
    "Defensively I don't think we're going to get caught out again" - OK, who are you, and what have you done with Steve Brown? Has he ever been that optimistic before?
  • Options
    Aneke and L Watson been unplayable, Tedic and Thomas look worryingly donkey-esque 
    I'd like to see Leaburn on for Tedic.

People dont like to see Leaburn out wide, but it worked for him against Wycombe, as he was free to terrorise their Full-Back for the whole of that first half, because of his size.
  • Options
    Tedic hasn't been involved, his movement has to be more varied, he's too easy to mark at the moment. 
  • Options
    HT stats

Possession 60-40
    Pass Accuracy 83-76
    Shots 11-5
    On Target 3-1
    Inside Area 8-2
    xG 0.82-0.34
    Corners 7-1
  • Options
    Good that we equalised as we wouldbt have deserved to go in 1 down. Defence looks a bit suspect but much the better side going forward. L Watson impressive so far and Aneke showing how important he is to us when fit.
  • Options
    Fair at h/t. Was Chuks offside? Hmmmm.... Loving Louie but hating Tennai so far. Nobody else playing badly. Need to stop their 12 who looks like a good player. Plenty on the bench so hope we don't overuse Chuks.... We can still win this if we keep our heads. COYA
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!