Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum- Sept 14th 2023

124»

Comments

• shine166 said:
    seth plum said:
    It may mean being able to work productively with all the other staff, and respect the viewpoint of others.
    Aka doing as you're told 
    Which (within certain boundaries) is honestly not necessarily a bad thing. If (for instance) the idea is to try and bring youth through but you've got a manager who insists on playing "experience" even if totally out of form/position then it's going to cause problems. 

Obviously we don't want to be in a position where executives direct tactics or selection directly. But honestly the days of a manager having the power of a Fergie or Wenger (or even Curbishley) are pretty much done, rightly or wrongly.
  • Am I the only one to wonder how collegiate fits into the make up of a football manager ? Probably me just being a bit thick.

He said the club put together a long list and shortened it based on looking for someone:
    • Who is collegiate
    Does what he’s told
  • Am I the only one to wonder how collegiate fits into the make up of a football manager ? Probably me just being a bit thick.

He said the club put together a long list and shortened it based on looking for someone:
    • Who is collegiate
    ............ someone who has authority over certain aspects ('on the grass' etc.) but isn't in control of everything football, for example will be part of the player recruitment/selling team but probably doesn't have the final say?
  • thenewbie said:
    shine166 said:
    seth plum said:
    It may mean being able to work productively with all the other staff, and respect the viewpoint of others.
    Aka doing as you're told 
    Which (within certain boundaries) is honestly not necessarily a bad thing. If (for instance) the idea is to try and bring youth through but you've got a manager who insists on playing "experience" even if totally out of form/position then it's going to cause problems. 

Obviously we don't want to be in a position where executives direct tactics or selection directly. But honestly the days of a manager having the power of a Fergie or Wenger (or even Curbishley) are pretty much done, rightly or wrongly.
    Yeah it certainly helps of everyone has the same ideas/direction 
  • Collegiate, but Scott holds the whip hand.

• Surprisingly candid about Dean Holden's departure.
  • Davo55 said:
    Surprisingly candid about Dean Holden's departure.
    Hmmm. 

Not sure how to interpret what they said. On one level it comes across as well we told him to try and change things by doing x, y and z but he didn’t and results didn’t change so he was out. He didn’t comply enough. 

We will never really know I guess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Clearly JR saying how great the museum is is the biggest takeaway but after that:

The club is being funded via equity rather than loans. That's good IMHO but leaves the questions regarding how much and how can it be increased, if required.

The motivation of the beneficial owners remains unclear but it seems they are going to be very hands off. This leaves Methvan as the key player in the whole deal.  That he's at the ground and the training ground weekly and is using his PR skills to promote the club refutes any claims that he's not very much involved.

Agree with everyone who says actions not words and I remain cautious but the fans forum is doing what it it meant to do eg ask questions, raise issues, seek clarification and offer suggestions.
     But Ronnie said .............................  :#
  • Davo55 said:
    Hmmm. 

Not sure how to interpret what they said. On one level it comes across as well we told him to try and change things by doing x, y and z but he didn’t and results didn’t change so he was out. He didn’t comply enough. 

We will never really know I guess. 
    Think it was hinted the wanted him to have a mention type but he declined 
  • Collegiate, but Scott holds the whip hand.

• Some of you must be a nightmare to work with in the office. 'Let's try and work together here guys, be collegiate, yeah?' 'Fuck you I don't do what I'm told!'
    You start all that nonsense I'll put you on the grass  :D
  • edited September 2023
    Davo55 said:
    Yes, that and the equity bits were the things of any note for me - the rest was textbook stuff that we’ve heard before and no surprise really but i do feel a lot more confident with these guys running the show than sandgaard and Katrien Meire - time will tell of course but we’ve been crying out for experienced football people and we seem to have them despite the  rocky start 

• DOUCHER said:
    Davo55 said:
    Yes, that and the equity bits were the things of any note for me - the rest was textbook stuff that we’ve heard before and no surprise really but i do feel a lot more confident with these guys running the show than sandgaard and Katrien Meire - time will tell of course but we’ve been crying out for experienced football people and we seem to have them despite the  rocky start 

I sort of agree. The fact they actually have a modicum of actual knowledge and experience in relevant fields is a good sign but there's rather a large gap between "better than Sandgaard" and ACTUALLY good.

They're probably going to clear the first hurdle. Jury remains out on the second, for me.
  • Haven’t had time yet to read the notes, does anyone know how much it was costing to run Charlton a season?
    Somewhere between £3.50 and £50m
  • Can't argue with what was said at the meeting. One slightly ambiguous comment is over the appointment of Holden back in December

"He said DH was installed in Thomas Sandgaard’s time and was someone that was known to the ownership group."

So even if it was TS who actually appointed Holden, who recommended him to TS? Did the new owners push TS into appointing him as "their man", seeing that their takeover was expected to go through last January?
  • Holden was their suggestion I believe.  

As the owners have put equity in, I am still baffled how we are up against it with FFP unless we keep signing shite players on too much money......

Oh.
  • edited September 2023
    I'm not convinced in the Methven back seat stuff but other than that some good discussion there..
    Will it be followed up with action?
    Methven has gone quiet recently.   Look at the similarities at Charlton and Sunderland and how he operated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of you must be a nightmare to work with in the office. 'Let's try and work together here guys, be collegiate, yeah?' 'Fuck you I don't do what I'm told!'
    You start all that nonsense I'll put you on the grass  :D
    'MICHAEL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?! GET BACK ON THE GRASS! I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO ALWAYS BE ON THE GRASS!'