Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum- Sept 14th 2023

Comments

• Some interesting stuff sure enough. If only it didn't hurt my eyes to read as that must surely be the most unfriendly reader style possible.

And who is SB?
  • Some interesting stuff sure enough. If only it didn't hurt my eyes to read as that must surely be the most unfriendly reader style possible.

And who is SB?
    Sidney Boitier
  • No mention of Burger Boy.
  • I'm not convinced in the Methven back seat stuff but other than that some good discussion there..
    Will it be followed up with action?

And who is SB?
    No idea who SB is.

And who is SB?
    No idea who SB is.
    Shit bag?
  • Steve Brown???????!!!!!!
  • Stuart Binns
  • It’s Shaun Bartlett
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad to hear from Jim Rodwell that there will be no streaming of domestic matches next season owing to Sky’s deal with the EFL. Charlton TV will not, therefore, exist in its current format next season.
  • Blucher said:
    Sad to hear from Jim Rodwell that there will be no streaming of domestic matches next season owing to Sky’s deal with the EFL. Charlton TV will not, therefore, exist in its current format next season.
    It’s a shame but not really much the club can do about that. Hopefully they continue it for the rest of this season
  • I thought it all sounded positive, they sound quite dynamic within the set up and the philosophy but then again, they know all the right things to say.
  • According to the minutes, in the Shadow Board section: "He [ie Rodwell] said on the current board there are two independent Directors - former footballer Paul Elliott (PE) and Charlton fan and investor Gavin Carter (GC)."  And in the Ownership section: "He said the club’s first board meeting takes place on Friday, September 22nd."

As I have commented before (and have just rechecked) according to Companies House the only filings for directors are Rodwell and Warrick.  There are NO filings for Elliott & Carter.  
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 

What are the implications of this irregularity?  Does anyone know?
  • N01R4M said:
    According to the minutes, in the Shadow Board section: "He [ie Rodwell] said on the current board there are two independent Directors - former footballer Paul Elliott (PE) and Charlton fan and investor Gavin Carter (GC)."  And in the Ownership section: "He said the club’s first board meeting takes place on Friday, September 22nd."

As I have commented before (and have just rechecked) according to Companies House the only filings for directors are Rodwell and Warrick.  There are NO filings for Elliott & Carter.  
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 

I suspect they may be non-executive directors, which would mean they are not registered with companies house, as they should have no day to day role in running the club. They are simply advisors to the board. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Interesting about Hayes, been offered a different role. Could he be the new Director of Performance?
  • shirty5 said:
    Interesting about Hayes, been offered a different role. Could he be the new Director of Performance?
    Highly unlikely as I doubt he has the necessary qualifications. 
    I was thinking he would return to the Academy. 
  • N01R4M said:
    According to the minutes, in the Shadow Board section: "He [ie Rodwell] said on the current board there are two independent Directors - former footballer Paul Elliott (PE) and Charlton fan and investor Gavin Carter (GC)."  And in the Ownership section: "He said the club’s first board meeting takes place on Friday, September 22nd."

There are no implications because it is not irregular. Next?
  • They all know how to speak to the fans as they are professional PR men.
    Personally I shall judge them on what they actually achieve and not on what they say.
    Exactly how they asked to be judged when they arrived. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Major said:
    N01R4M said:

There are no implications because it is not irregular. Next?
    I've been a director of companies but it's been a title and not fulfilling the requirement to be registered at companies house. 
  • I thought it all sounded positive, they sound quite dynamic within the set up and the philosophy but then again, they know all the right things to say.

Exactly how I see it, but I understand I very much want to believe so may be guilty of being taking in by words once again as I was with TS and am aware of several others with doubts which you can not ignore.

With no inside knowledge we do seem to have been poorly managed for years and therefore I am pleased to have a football person running the football side, if you can improve on the scouting, recruitment, data, injuries etc then you may well see a big difference. Weather that is enough on its own, who knows but without it as a base we will get what we have had for the last few years.

Time will tell but they have my support. 

• Blucher said:
    Sad to hear from Jim Rodwell that there will be no streaming of domestic matches next season owing to Sky’s deal with the EFL. Charlton TV will not, therefore, exist in its current format next season.
     A shame but totally understandable, given we don't have an unlimited budget the resources should be spent elsewhere.
  • Am I the only one to wonder how collegiate fits into the make up of a football manager ? Probably me just being a bit thick.

He said the club put together a long list and shortened it based on looking for someone:
    • Who is collegiate
  • It may mean being able to work productively with all the other staff, and respect the viewpoint of others.
  • seth plum said:
    It may mean being able to work productively with all the other staff, and respect the viewpoint of others.
    Aka doing as you're told 
  • Haven’t had time yet to read the notes, does anyone know how much it was costing to run Charlton a season?