Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum- Sept 14th 2023

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
Over a week since the meeting, still no notes.
Whose responsibility  is it to provide the notes?

Comments

• clive said:
    Over a week since the meeting, still no notes.
    Whose responsibility  is it to provide the notes?
    The club's I would guess, vetted by Methven 
  • When Meire was our "CEO", minutes weren't produced with any speed as SWMBO  insisted she went through them with a fine toothed comb beforehand. 
  • so the Fans Forum no longer reports to the actual fans.
  • Nine days to type out minutes.

You expect us to have faith and trust in the SMT.

• The public facing side of the club is deteriorating.
    No stream of the U21 game for Charlton TV subscribers last Tuesday is an example.
    Tom Rubashow has been around since the days of Robinson, maybe he has become complacent.
  • edited September 2023
    I asked the comms team yesterday about this and they said the minutes are nearly ready.

It was a 2.5 hour meeting so a lot to type up and get checked but I agree that it is frustrating not to have them sooner.

I don't know what the delay is; in the transcribing, the checking, both or neither.
    There are free audio transcribing tools in apps or on the internet that they could look into. If somebody is sitting there typing out every word, that's sounds like a waste of time.
  • 9 days on and foxtrot alpha.

PR Charlie needs to have a word 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/august/22/o-s-appoint-new-head-of-media-and-comms/

This might be one reason why the Comms team is so stretched and things are being  delayed.
  • https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/august/22/o-s-appoint-new-head-of-media-and-comms/

This might be one reason why the Comms team is so stretched and things are being  delayed.
    Congrats to him.

Another opportunity for CM / JR to bring in former colleagues?
  • Not excepting that as an excuse @Henry Irving that happened 22/Aug.
    SMT need to perform or go home. We require backroom people to back up our overworked behind the screens workforce.
    SMT need to perform or go home. We require backroom people to back up our overworked behind the screens workforce.
    yep, over a month ago and you'd expect he'd have to had worked a notice period too. 
  • The audience for this SMT is the shareholders, who in turn are principally interested in financial performance over time. Building empathy with fans is going to be a long way down these people’s list. It’s a box ticking exercise only.
  • seth plum said:
    The most authoritative constituted group that represents fans is the Supporters Trust.
    The ‘fans’ on the ‘fans forum’ tend to have mysterious mandates. I wouldn’t know if they speak for me or not.
    If the Shamocracy say participating in the fans forum is engaging with the supporter base, they are deluding themselves and possibly others they might hope to impress.
    I'd point out that the supporters trust are part of the fans forum but why bother
    I wasn't offering an excuses, just giving some background and a possible reason 
  • seth plum said:
    The most authoritative constituted group that represents fans is the Supporters Trust.
    The ‘fans’ on the ‘fans forum’ tend to have mysterious mandates. I wouldn’t know if they speak for me or not.
    If the Shamocracy say participating in the fans forum is engaging with the supporter base, they are deluding themselves and possibly others they might hope to impress.
    I'd point out that the supporters trust are part of the fans forum but why bother
    Why bother indeed?
    So apart from the Supporters Trust, what is the mandate for the other participants, and what methods do they systematically use to garner the views of those they are supposed to represent?
    Maybe the ‘museum’ is a participant of some kind.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Why bother indeed?
    So apart from the Supporters Trust, what is the mandate for the other participants, and what methods do they systematically use to garner the views of those they are supposed to represent?
    Maybe the ‘museum’ is a participant of some kind.
    The museum is represented on the FF, along with various supporters groups and CAST. 

I can assure you that there are no mysterious mandates.
  • I would also like to point out that the fan groups that are in attendance always ask the questions that their members raise. 
  • edited September 2023
    To be fair there’s a long history of people “representing” groups that have no substance in practice. The club wouldn’t have a clue about that. I’m not saying I care or that those people had particular agendas but it’s hardly a model of democracy.
  • edited September 2023
    To be fair there’s a long history of people “representing” groups that have no substance in practice. The club wouldn’t have a clue. I’m not saying I care or that those people had particular agendas but it’s hardly a model of democracy.
    Other than City Addicks which groups?

It's a forum for fans to communicate with the club, it's not a parliament or a local council so it isn't meant to be model of any form of elected democracy.

Is it perfect? Far from it but it's what we have and it does allow fans to speak directly to power. If the power listens depends on them but that's not the fans thought.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good and stifle one of few ways we gave of holding the SMT to account 

• cafc999 said:
    I would also like to point out that the fan groups that are in attendance always ask the questions that their members raise. 
    Not true. One person at least effectively represents himself.
  • It is a great pity that the SMT have not, to our knowledge, been talking to the CAST