Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum- Sept 14th 2023

Comments

• edited September 2023
    cafc999 said:
    I would also like to point out that the fan groups that are in attendance always ask the questions that their members raise. 
    Not true. One person at least effectively represents himself.
    So why dont you turn up at the next FF?
  • cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    I would also like to point out that the fan groups that are in attendance always ask the questions that their members raise. 
    Representing whom? Surely the fan representatives represent me and if I have a specific question/issue to raise I will do so via them. 
  • It is a great pity that the SMT have not, to our knowledge, been talking to the CAST
    They have done a couple of interviews with Rodwell haven't they?
  • CAST have met over Zoom and in person with Rodwell as reported on the website. 

We put many questions on behalf of members to the FF as well. Not sure what the delay is regarding the minutes. 
  • Before Murray sold his a*** to Dushitelet he was, seemingly, very honest at the Bromley  branch meetings.
    However, since then it has all gone to s*** and what the owners have said since has not been worth a w***.   This lot atm are no different.
  • edited September 2023
    And still we wait!  Been 2 weeks now isn't it?

A little bird tells me the minutes have to be signed off by each and every one of our 78 owners,hence the delay!
  • And still we wait!  Been 2 weeks now isn't it?

A little bird tells me the minutes have to be signed if by each and every one of our 78 owners,hence the delay!
    Two weeks this Thursday I think.
  • I jokingly refer to minutes as 'hours' at work because they are  a pain to do.

No one wants a verbatim transcript rather a summary of key discussion points and someone needs to be competent to do that.

BUT 2 weeks is far too long and unnecessary. I always think the trick is to write them up very soon after the meeting as it gets harder with the passage of time.

If the delay is editing / wordsmithing them then 2 weeks is a bit extreme.
  • Dunno why they can't just video/record it and stick it up on the website pretty much the next day.
    Absolutely. You have to question what they are telling these advisors off the record if they are unwilling to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Representing whom? Surely the fan representatives represent me and if I have a specific question/issue to raise I will do so via them. 
    Ask the fans advisors then
  • cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Good idea, will fire off an email later.
  • Dunno why they can't just video/record it and stick it up on the website pretty much the next day.
    Absolutely. You have to question what they are telling these advisors off the record if they are unwilling to do so.
    Isn’t it more likely that you really want a summary and actions to frame next steps and to mitigate against interested parties needing to ‘watch’ the whole meeting. 

Really you want both. The recording and the minuted summary and actions. 
  • cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Email sent.
  • Lucy has replied saying that although she couldn't herself attend she has been chasing the minutes and been told they are nearly ready.
  • Lucy has replied saying that although she couldn't herself attend she has been chasing the minutes and been told they are nearly ready.
    Maybe remind her it's a sprint NOT a marathon ?
  • Can't believe it's taken this long to write up notes from a 2 hour meeting. Did it actually happen ? Maybe they've employed J.K. Rowling
  • That would be magic if they had.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Email sent.
    Easy wasn't it?
  • Don’t they usually put out a brief overview on the website of what was said (the bits that the average fan is interested in) and then the full minutes come later (with the boring stuff)

Just doesn’t give off the impression of competency that it’s taking them this long. I suppose we should be used to incompetence by now though 
  • NabySarr said:
    Don’t they usually put out a brief overview on the website of what was said (the bits that the average fan is interested in) and then the full minutes come later (with the boring stuff)

Just doesn’t give off the impression of competency that it’s taking them this long. I suppose we should be used to incompetence by now though 
    Well I guess CM isn’t an employee and is just a backseat minority investor so he won’t be doing the minutes. 

But no matter we now have experienced football people running the place to ensure things are better organised. 
    I thought there was a second fans advisor.
    Either way, it is crazy that at a fans forum meeting the fans advisor was not attending.
    Lewis Catt was appointed joint Fan Adviser in September 2022. In his role, Lewis operates alongside Lucy.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/fans/fans-forum
  • Lucy said that the matter of videoing/recording had been raised before but it thought those attending might feel they couldn't be frank or argue points if they were being filmed/recorded which I think is tosh personally.

Lucy is going to raise it again at the next FF and see if that stance has changed or can change under the new regime.
  • Lot of information in there.

Whether you believe what Scott and Rodwell are saying is, of course, up to the individual but the questions were asked and answers given.

PS So who were the other five?