Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Match 1: Scheffler & Burns v Rahm & Hatton

Match 2: Homa & Harman v Hovland & Aberg

Match 3: Fowler & Morikawa v Lowry & Straka

Match 4: Schauffele & Cantlay v McIlroy & Fleetwood

Not selected (USA): Wyndham Clark, Brooks Koepka, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas

Not selected (EU): Matt Fitzpatrick, Nicolai Hojgaard, Robert MacIntyre, Justin Rose
  • Options

Not selected (USA): Wyndham Clark, Brooks Koepka, Spieth, Thomas

Not selected (EU): Matt Fitzpatrick, Nicolai Hojgaard, Robert MacIntyre, Justin Rose
    You star! was just looking this up, cheers mate
  • Options

Not selected (USA): Wyndham Clark, Brooks Koepka, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas

Ill predict:
    1) Europe
    2) Europe
    3) USA
    4) Halved
  • Options
    This woman whipping the crowd up is really annoying!
  • Options
    Good draw, I predict 3-1 EU. I think Lowry and Straka maybe the weaker pair.
  • Options
    Can't wait to watch it. EU have a strong team and seem very 'together'. May have a cheeky small bet on them winning all sessions.
    Yeah i agree, i am coming round to Europe will win now. I think USA is the typical superstars/ individuals but its being tipped to really suit the Europe golfers so every chance of that one, what odds would that be? Surely its no bigger than 10/1? 
    EU to win every session with Skybet is 50/1 the US is 66/1, if that helps
    £5 free bet, take my money / not real money haha
  • Options
    My cousin played that course earlier this year and said it was not great.....hope they have done some work on it!
  • Options
    Should be a close day. Either 2-2 or we'll edge it 2.5 -1.5.
  • Options

That's me for the morning session
  • Options

That's me for the morning session
    my one was similar odds but obviously the draw bumped it up, worth a dabble 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So excited for this. Will be parking myself in front of the TV all weekend
  • Options
    Placed bet for 3-1 EU in first session, with Lowry and Straka losing. 
  • Options
    This is gonna be some game this year! Wish I could've been there!
  • Options
    Amazing spectacle. As a spectator you are there for the atmosphere. Most of them will see very little golf given the logistics. 
  • Options
    Hovland take a bow son 🔥
  • Options
    Hovland take a bow son 🔥
    yeah what a first 2 holes from the boy
  • Options
    Amazing spectacle. As a spectator you are there for the atmosphere. Most of them will see very little golf given the logistics. 
    We went to two days at Gleneagles in 2014. We managed to see a lot, including being in a large crowd by the fifteenth as Europe hit the winning shot. But understand what you mean as it is v different from The Open or ano tournament due to the small number of matches on course at the time which does mean huge galleries everywhere. Gleneagles is quite an undulating course too which helped the sight lines.

Now come on, Europe!
  • Options
    You've almost got to feel sorry for Scottie. Going to have to carry Burns all 18 but his putting won't help. Absolutely bizarre pairing.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    You've almost got to feel sorry for Scottie. Going to have to carry Burns all 18 but his putting won't help. Absolutely bizarre pairing.
    I know Spieth loves playing with JT but you’d think Scheffler/Speith would be an unreal pairing for the yanks
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Best buddies apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Europe flyin!!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Can see Rory/Fleetwood not winning their match.

3-1 or 3.5 -0.5

• Options
    Can see Rory/Fleetwood not winning their match.

3-1 or 3.5 -0.5

Handy win that from Fleetwood & Rory 
  • Options
    When's the last time someone started 4-0 in the Ryder Cup?
  • Options
    Ok, weird question alert.

In foursomes, If players are contracted to use different brands of balls, how do they decide which brand to play with as surely Nike don't wanna see Rory knocking in lots of putts with a Titleist ball?

also, is it worth pairing players together, who both use same brand, as they are used to different levels of spin etc with each brand ?

• Options
    Can’t believe how bad the US have been this morning. I know that, with Foursomes in particular, momentum is a big thing but, as top professionals, you would have expected them to put up a better fight.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

In foursomes, If players are contracted to use different brands of balls, how do they decide which brand to play with as surely Nike don't wanna see Rory knocking in lots of putts with a Titleist ball?

also, is it worth pairing players together, who both use same brand, as they are used to different levels of spin etc with each brand ?

I suspect the senior player in each pairing tells the other one what he’s hitting and that’s that. Rahm, Hovland, Lowry, Rory will have dictated what’s used. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Rory got asked this and he said that pretty much all the balls react the same off the driver face. So they will plan it on each hole so that the approach shot will be hit by the player's preferred ball. So basically the use different balls on different holes if they use different brands.
  • Options
    Difficult to pick this afternoon's pairings,  but for me it would be-:
    Rahm, Hatton
    Rose, Fitzpatrick
    Lowry, McEntire
    Mcilroy, Fleetwood 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Difficult to pick this afternoon's pairings,  but for me it would be-:
    Rahm, Hatton
    Rose, Fitzpatrick
    Lowry, McEntire
    Mcilroy, Fleetwood 
    Don’t think Lowry will
    be able to do 36 on that track. Rose & MAcintyre. Victor and Hooigard. Anybody’s guess who he drops to accommodate Fitz.  I’m assuming all 12 will get a game today.