Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Fleetwood Mc(Ilroy) - 3 points from 3. Quite possible that they could go 5 from 5. The sort of Landslide that Dreams are made of. The only thing that would could improve on that would be an Albatross.
  • Options
    How stupid am I, I posted yesterday, I think, that I'd put a bet on EU winning every session @ 50/1.
    I bloody didn't do it!
    Can't see us winning this arvo. I think it'll be a 2-2.
  • Options
    Fleetwood Mc(Ilroy) - 3 points from 3. Quite possible that they could go 5 from 5. The sort of Landslide that Dreams are made of. The only thing that would could improve on that would be an Albatross.
    Except they aren’t playing together in the afternoon. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Who was going to bet on Europe winning every session ? 
    It was me....I didn't! FFS it was 50/1
  • Options
    I can’t recall ever seeing such a dominating display by a team! 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:

IF that's true, don't play if you don't want to!

It's an honour not bloody conscription.

Hate already very rich people being greedy.
  • Options
    Except they aren’t playing together in the afternoon. 
    Both have to win their separate fourballs then, eh?
  • Options
    2 from 2. They only played together in the foursomes.
  • Options
    Rory, with Tommy Fleetwood twice and Matt Fitzpatrick once, has won all 3 of his matches so far and he partners Fitzpatrick again this afternoon.
  • Options
    2 from 2. They only played together in the foursomes.
    Correct. In fact, McIlroy is the only one of the two that can get 5 from 5. Not many do that in the Ryder Cup (as much because not that many play all four in the pairs) and he still has to do it but it's a brave man that would bet against him doing so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've just mentioned that Justin Rose is the oldest player on either side. The likes of Casey, Westwood, Garcia and Poulter in the 2021 team would all have been older than Rose is currently and with so many of our current side in their 20s/early 30s, is this our youngest ever team?
  • Options
    A team that will dominate the Ryder Cup for years to come like the US team from two years ago........er hold on.
  • Options
    Every time I see Harman I just see Ricky Ponting ;) 

US making a bit of a go of it now and we’ve stopped hitting fairways

Hovland is my new favourite player, he’s just brilliant 
  • Options
    Take a Desmond this afternoon.
  • Options
    Is Bob Mac actually playing?  From the coverage it looks like Rosie is playing in his own. 
  • Options
    The Americans at last making a bit of a fight of it. We are still very much in the driving seat, but if they get it back to 10-6 we know what can happen on the last day.
  • Options
    After previously not being able to do anything wrong, Hovland a Aberg now can't do anything right (although just saved another lost hole at the 10th).
  • Options
    Good to see the US making a game of it. 

Looking like a 5 point lead going into tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Why are we so much better at foursome than four ball?  This isn't a one off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why are we so much better at foursome than four ball?  This isn't a one off.
    Individuals Vs team play. Foursomes is a game of pure teamwork, putting the ball in a good position for your teammate and playing to their strengths. Four-ball is basically stroke play you just happen to be playing the hole at the same time as 3 other guys. America traditionally have more players in the top echelons of the sport in the tournament so when they're just playing their game they tend to better
  • Options
    Good to see MacIntyre really step up those last 4/5 holes.
  • Options
    Bit of a shame that it’s that prick Cantlay who’s showing some fight for the yanks.
  • Options
    USA looking favourites to win this last point on the 18th 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    USA looking favourites to win this last point on the 18th 
    Yep. Rory and Fitz have messed this last hole up between them
  • Options
    Bit of a shame that it’s that prick Cantlay who’s showing some fight for the yanks.
    Not too good that last shot thankfully
  • Options
    Great putt from cantlay unfortunately
  • Options
    Annoying to lose that match on the last