Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

14567810»

Comments

• I understood what Mowbray was saying , at that point in time . I might not like it but he’s talking up his team 

Stevenage are historically punching (we are the opposite) and I’d happily put a wager we’ll be above them in 5 years time 

we are at our lowest footballing ebb , no one has to tell me we’re shit , I’ve been watching it and calling it out for most of the last 15 years when most have made out we’re a lot better or were going to be a lot better than has turned out .

Even when we finished above spurs or West Ham , I’m sure their fans were disappointed losing to us when we were punching and they were poor by their standards .
    it’s just the way it is 
    we should be beating and finishing above crap like Stevenage and I’m pretty certain over the next 20 years we will more than not .

Exactly. Unfortunately now  football is all about the budget you have. We dwarf Stevenage in that respect, so if we  were run properly we really shouldn't be losing to them. We clearly are being mismanaged, hence people's frustration with being in this division and losing to these type of clubs.

I said to my mates before Wembley that we had to win as I just couldn't face another season in division one. Here we are for a fourth consecutive season with imo absolutely no chance of getting promotion again despite it being a shit league.

Absolutely fed up with years and years of mismanagement, but of course I'll be there Saturday for my sins.
  • Redhenry said:
    Stevenage, Fleetwood, Burton, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham, I could go on. I will never be happy when Charlton lose or draw with the likes...
    I don’t understand why so many have a problem with drawing or losing against teams we’re in the same division as. Both teams are there on merit.

If what you’re saying is you’re upset we’re in the third tier, say that.
    Come on mate.  No one is happy!

I have gone full circle in my Charlton supporting "career".  I started in the 70's and the 3rd division.  I very much doubt I will see us promoted one level at the moment before I go tits up.
    I hope your wrong @soapy_jones for all our sakes :)