Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• With the talk of a player returning from injury for this game, you could have got long odds on it being Chuks!
  • Anderson starting, with Taylor and Watson on the bench, is an interesting call
    Wouldn't say he was competing with Watson for a spot in the Midfield, the latter is challenging Fraser and Campbell given how he played at Crawley.

Definitely Taylor though
  • edited September 2023
    4-3-3 with Abankwah @ Right-Back, he's played there before going by his record

Great to see Aneke back... Really is fantastic for him.
    CHUKS!!!!!!

Yeah, really happy for him.

It's the team I would expect given the injuries we have with the exception of Anderson instead of Taylor. I'm really curious about Abankwah. Baptism by fire here. Assimwe has done his best and there's definitely a player there, but I think he needs out of the firing line so perhaps that injury is convenient in a way. Hope it's short term.

I'm thinking 4-2-3-1 with CC as the 10
  • OS is guessing 4-3-3 but with Chem in midfield he'll presumably play higher up in a more free role, so it's more like 4-2-3-1.

If it's 4-4-2 then one of the Campbell's will be up front in which case they'll likely play deeper so it'll effectively be the same as 4-2-3-1.
  • Anderson seems to be keeping his place in the team on merit, which is fair enough really, he hasn't done much wrong and has done a lot right 
  • I would guess 4-2-3-1 with that lineup
  • Chucks brought to you by

• edited September 2023
  • Man alive our luck with injuries is something else. Get 1 back and lose 2
  • Could even be 3-5-2 with Abankwah making up a back three and CBT at right WB.
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s happened to Tennai Watson?

doesn’t seem to be picked at all, and surely a half decent option at RB to have on the bench
  • Anderson starting, with Taylor and Watson on the bench, is an interesting call
    Hope he has a better game than his last few outings 

doesn’t seem to be picked at all, and surely a half decent option at RB to have on the bench
    No pre season so I imagine he's still getting up to speed fitness wise. 
  • May must play.
    He has concussion I'm led to believe 

Had no preseason
  • May must play.
    He has a concussion 
  • SDAddick said:
    May must play.
    He has a concussion 
    From where  ?  Hitting his head on a cupboard door  ?

• Fumbluff said:
    I predict zero minutes for Aneke
    And another mystery injury before the end of the month
  • sam3110 said:
    What’s happened to Tennai Watson?

Had no preseason
    😅😅😅😅

Now fancy that.
  • edited September 2023
    May must play.
    He has concussion I'm led to believe 
    Thanks, read it late. I don`t believe our luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alfie May has concussion - he suffered that on Tuesday so might have a chance with the protocol for next week. Nathan Asiimwe out with what we're told is a minor quad injury. #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) September 16, 2023
    On the preview the CLUB put out yesterday there was no mention of him being out injured.

Why can comms/ the club just be truthful.
  • Scoham said:
    Could even be 3-5-2 with Abankwah making up a back three and CBT at right WB.
    Can't see it personally, would just be yet another square pegs in round holes situation.

Just play a formation that has 11 players in their natural positions and go from there

Isted
    Abankwah Jones Hector Edun
    Dobson Anderson
    Campbell Campbell Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn
  • Chucks has come to save us.
    I'll give him 5 mins if he comes on. Then down he'll go.....
  • Alfie May has concussion - he suffered that on Tuesday so might have a chance with the protocol for next week. Nathan Asiimwe out with what we're told is a minor quad injury. #cafc

On the preview the CLUB put out yesterday there was no mention of him being out injured.

Why give Stevenage the heads up?
  • Chucks has come to save us.
    I'll give him 5 mins if he comes on. Then down he'll go.....
    Kin hell... I hope you're saving all your positive energy till KO!!
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Could even be 3-5-2 with Abankwah making up a back three and CBT at right WB.
    Can't see it personally, would just be yet another square pegs in round holes situation.

Just play a formation that has 11 players in their natural positions and go from there

Isted
    Abankwah Jones Hector Edun
    Dobson Anderson
    Campbell Campbell Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn
    I agree, just speculating. 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 make more sense if May was fit and starting alongside Leaburn.

Are you really saying the club should let the opposition know about who is and isn't playing?
  • MA said 4-3-3, May got a ball in the face on Tuesday and must rest for 7 days, so back on training next week 
  • sam3110 said:
    What’s happened to Tennai Watson?

Had no preseason
    This is what winds me up about how the transfer window works with free agents. 

You get the league not really starting up until 1/4 of the way through because people join late, and then they join unfit

Surely there should be a rule whereby if players are out of contract and without a club, they should be required to complete pre-season training somewhere or at their own expense if they wish to play league football that year

• Fascinating little snippet for you - Stevenage's goalkeeper Taye Ashby-Hammond is the brother of Luca Ashby-Hammond - who was in goal for Crawley in Charlton's last game #cafc