Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Auld Enemy vs England | 7:45pm KO - Live on C4 | Match Thread

Comments

• Kane on his heels at the back post if we're being picky there but overall a very satisfactory half.

England fans doing the ole with each pass as the clock ran down...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips cleans out a Scottish player - ball then man moment.
    Even 10 years ago that wouldn’t have even been a free kick, now it’s a yellow card 
    No argument here. First look looked like he jumped in a bit, but replay showed it was a clean enough challenge. 
  • Good pass and movement and a strong 1st half by England. Walker is playing the best football of his career; defending well and attacking with pace. To think that Southgate has had to talk Walker out of retiring from England duty.
  • also the fun thing is - with most lower level teams in this position, they would shut up shop and try to keep the score down - but their fans are never going to accept that which means potentially they could get a real tonking this second half (unless we pull a Sven Goran and sub the whole team throughout the second half and kill the game ourselves)
  • Good pass and movement and a strong 1st half by England. Walker is playing the best football of his career; defending well and attacking with pace. To think that Southgate has had to talk Walker out of retiring from England duty.
    He'd still be fast even if he lost a yard of pace. it's ridiculous. 
  • Strong half, was expecting more from Scotland but I guess they’re not very good at all. 
  • Joe Cole looks 50 :lol:

• Foden has been world class. Bellingham has been world class. 

Southgate has to get the balance right but I do like Rice and Phillips at the base as it gives the three of them (Saka or Rashford?) plus Kane so much license to get forward. 
  • To deal with Englands world class players we will bring on…Lyndon Dykes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Souness looks like he is about to burst into tears lmao
  • se9addick said:
    To deal with Englands world class players we will bring on…Lyndon Dykes!
    Where's he from, Rochdale?
  • Foden has been world class. Bellingham has been world class. 

Southgate has to get the balance right but I do like Rice and Phillips at the base as it gives the three of them (Saka or Rashford?) plus Kane so much license to get forward. 
    My only criticism of Bellingham is he sometimes holds onto the ball too long, same for Rashford, busy tying their opponents in knots, but getting themselves in a muddle too. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Good pass and movement and a strong 1st half by England. Walker is playing the best football of his career; defending well and attacking with pace. To think that Southgate has had to talk Walker out of retiring from England duty.
    33, yet still as fit as ever
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Good pass and movement and a strong 1st half by England. Walker is playing the best football of his career; defending well and attacking with pace. To think that Southgate has had to talk Walker out of retiring from England duty.
    I guess Ronaldo proved you can keep it going if you want to. I expect this next generation of footballers to last on average an additional year or two. 
  • Walker’s built like a sprinter and I’m sure if football didn’t work out he’d have had a decent career in athletics, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone faster than him on a 1v1. Could end up being the English Cafu! 
  • se9addick said:
    Not too far away - Australia.
  • Brownie12 said:
    se9addick said:
    Aauch!
  • No upside playing these local non league nations , first mission don’t lose , second embarrass them … 
    so far so good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bellingham is the one player I would pay good money to sit and watch play

absolute Rolls Royce of a player, makes the game look ridiculously easy and this season he’s added goals 

He’s unreal, love that he’s gone to Madrid, has made some brilliant transfer choices in his career. 
  • edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    The mad thing is, when he does retire, we can bring in Trent or Reece James.

absolute Rolls Royce of a player, makes the game look ridiculously easy and this season he’s added goals 

He’s unreal, love that he’s gone to Madrid, has made some brilliant transfer choices in his career. 
    Potentially he’ll still have his best years in the prem even if he stays in Madrid for 3/4 years…madness 
  • Are we trying to even it up a bit by bringing Maguire on 

England will be retiring the 10 shirt at this rate
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Foden has been world class. Bellingham has been world class. 

My only criticism of Bellingham is he sometimes holds onto the ball too long, same for Rashford, busy tying their opponents in knots, but getting themselves in a muddle too. 
    It's difficult for him though.  Because he's the only player who can't look up and work out that the best thing to do is to lay it off to Bellingham. 
  • Rod Stewart looks 300 before anyone else says it
  • Brownie12 said:
    se9addick said:
    Australia meanwhile have giant defender Harry Souttar in their team, who's from Scotland!
  • Chizz said:
    Rod Stewart looks 300 before anyone else says it
    Essex's own Rod Stewart
  • I thought the Scots were double ard, these lot are falling around all over the place. Diddums.