Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Auld Enemy vs England | 7:45pm KO - Live on C4 | Match Thread

Comments

• Rashford's been taking tips from Bonne about staying onside. ;)

Moments later A good ball forward to Kane is bettered by the defender and leads to a counter attack that fortunately comes to nothing and is then flagged offside. 
  • Phillips starting is hilarious has played about 200 mins in 18 months at city.

Southgate also said he doesn’t play Foden in midfield because pep doesn’t play him there, most of the players in his squad play on the bench for their clubs.
    I get that the likes of Phillips haven't let England down in the past but how in gods name can Southgate judge what type of form/sharpness he is in right now given he NEVER PLAYS! Its absolutely farcical. Must be so tempting for players like Ward-Prowse to tell Southgate to shove it next time he comes calling.
    Phillips almost non-existent so far, but we're only 15 minutes in. 
  • ball has been elbowed by Rice, leads to a free kick and Robertson crosses it, but it comes to nothing. 
  • Guess what guys, Phillips with a rusty pass that spins away from Walker. Scotland attack - comes to nothing. 
  • Good chance for England there, Scotland need to be careful pushing up like that 
  • Oh Foden has to do better there
  • As we play it out, Bellingham goes down a bit easy and a promising attack comes to nothing because three england players are looking for a foul. 

Moments later, Foden skies what should be an easy enough effort from around the penalty 'mark'. 
  • Rashford is running Scotland ragged. Offside flag came ridiculously late. 
  • I know Rashford was offside, but the fall from Bellingham looked very theatrical, looked to be going down before the contact
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rashford is running Scotland ragged. Offside flag came ridiculously late. 
    Needs to just go for it when he's free though, he's turning back into trouble when near enough clear on goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some very tidy passing out of the back cuts through scotland's press. 
  • Great ball from Rashford feeds Bellingham who I think scuffs his cross, and Walker smashes the ball across goal and wide. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Great ball from Rashford feeds Bellingham who I think scuffs his cross, and Walker smashes the ball across goal and wide. 
    On replay looked intentional. 
  • Appalling behaviour by some England ‘supporters’ during the Craig Brown silence - disgusting 
  • Foden's had some uncharacteristically poor touches so far
  • Pass from Bellingham with the outside of the boot. Class
  • England clearly have the superior players. Scotland just about keeping up based on effort and adrenaline so far.
  • We break nicely with some one/two touch and Bellingham's cross is just a bit too close to the Scotland defender. 

Corner comes to nothing. 
  • We are playing some really nice stuff.

Scotland line very high.
  • Scotland press and force us back, but again we deal with it. England throw. 
  • Sponsored links:

• PLAY TO THE WHISTLE ENGLAND. 
  • Deserved lead for England, much the better team so far.
  • There you go. Deserved lead.
  • edited September 2023
    I wonder if Appleton is watching this Slow/Fast approach. After an iffy first 15 the last 15 has been much better. 

As I say that Walker smashes a shot and it hits Foden's foot to go in. 
  • What a lovely little pass from Bellingham to Rashford by the way
  • Lovely stuff
  • Really clean attack. 
  • Great finish from Foden,.
  • thats some finish that actually i thought it had just hit him at first