Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Once again England left flying the flag for the home nations.

Nothing changes. 
    Saw a few before the QFs suggesting it would be a Northern Hemisphere whitewash, not quite so far.

I'd said Wales and NZ from today so not quite either!
  • Options
    Great game to watch. Where did they get the energy from? 
  • Options
    Not dismissing the England v Fiji game but France v South Africa could be something special tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Reckon it could be an all southern hemisphere final with All Blacks beating the Saffers
  • Options
    Really impressed by how disciplined the kiwi defence was through that last, long, phase. amazing game
  • Options
    Phenomenal game. Kiwi's just deserved it. Argies did very well as well. So, will we cock up tomorrow?
  • Options
    Once again England left flying the flag for the home nations.

Nothing changes. 
    Saw a few before the QFs suggesting it would be a Northern Hemisphere whitewash, not quite so far.

I'd said Wales and NZ from today so not quite either!
    Could still see SA winning and Fiji turning us over the way we've played so far
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    That was an amazing game. My neighbours I’m sure are also glad it’s over and so is my throat.

I’m lucky to be Irish descent … so I support both teams. 

So come on England tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Very high quality game, amazing fitness 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s why I will always be superstitious.
    Feck.

I hate sport 😞
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thank god for that, thought that final attack was never gonna end. How many phases was that ? 

Ireland had 42 phases a few years back to beat France with a JS drop goal in the same stadium at the end of the game.

https://youtu.be/211cZL-kxZU?si=2bCtBin4LGzBPQxH
  • Options
    Our turn today we face Figi we haven't been at our best but we should win this one
    So Come On England let's do this  B)

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Our turn today we face Figi we haven't been at our best but we should win this one
    So Come On England let's do this  B)

Seriously undercooked for months under the new regime.  I cannot imagine how we'll do to be honest. The whole world will be against us, we are the Millwall of world rugby after all.  If we cannot beat a box of dates, I will be seriously pissed off!
  • Options
    Wales & Ireland dumped out of the WC in the same day. Almost makes the international break ok!
  • Options
    Fiji have been class this tournament, really really good. They've got a big horrible pack and some very willing and smart thinking runners, if we try and turn this into a kicking game we will lose and look awful doing so. It seems like Farrell will be given Fords spot which I dont think is a great idea and doesn't send a productive message to the rest of the squad. 

• Options
    Hopefully upgrade the yellow to a red.
  • Options
    Hopefully upgrade the yellow to a red.
    No such luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wales & Ireland dumped out of the WC in the same day. Almost makes the international break ok!
    lets hope the upper class predominately supporting England rugby also fail.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    It’s the people that have lived in England their entire lives then claim some tenuous Irish link that piss me off the most
    Ahhhhh bless.
    People choosing who they like to support, how very dare they 🤷‍♀️😂😂
  • Options
    My point being rugby, not a fan by the way, does attract working class support mostly from the rest of Britain. England being the exception, 
    born in London and obviously wan't our national team to do well at football.
  • Options
    Good game so far 
  • Options
    cblock said:
    My point being rugby, not a fan by the way, does attract working class support mostly from the rest of Britain. England being the exception, 
    Wanting England to lose because posh people might like the sport. Brilliant. Best not ask your opinion on the British equestrian team then.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    You mean Rugby Union?  Rugby League does rather well thank you form working class support in England.

Which may well be an explanation as its no where near in the rest of Britain.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    It’s the people that have lived in England their entire lives then claim some tenuous Irish link that piss me off the most
    Ahhhhh bless.
    People choosing who they like to support, how very dare they 🤷‍♀️😂😂
    If you’re just gonna pick a country, I’d suggest New Zealand. They’re much better and can get out of 1/4 finals 😉
  • Options
    Come on England. Keep it going.