Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Officials named for the quarter finals 

Wales v Argentina 

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)

Assistant Referees: Karl Dickson (England), Andrea Piardi (Italy) 

TMO: Marius Jonker (South Africa)

Ireland v New Zealand  

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England) 

Assistant Referees: Matthew Carley (England), Christophe Ridley (England) 

TMO: Tom Foley (England)

England v Fiji 

Referee: Mathieu Raynal (France)

Assistant Referees: Nic Berry (Australia), Pierre Brousset (France)

TMO: Ben Whitehouse (Wales)

France v South Africa 

Referee: Ben O’Keeffe (New Zealand)

Assistant Referees: Paul Williams (New Zealand), James Doleman (New Zealand)

TMO: Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand)

Raynal refereed England v Argentina and sent of Tom Curry after 3 minutes, a straight red .. I hope he's not so trigger happy this time
  • Options
    Rumour is Arundel had a training ground run in with Farrell hence why he’s not even in the squad. Seems like Cipriani was right about the England mafia. Jonny May should not be in front of Arundel and George Ford being dropped is harsh.
  • Options
    Whats the odds on Farrell getting a red card ??
  • Options

• Options
    Harrow said:

Is that from the World Rugby official site?

• Options
    Harrow said:

Is that from the World Rugby official site?

Let's hope it's not from the ref's scrapbook!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    all this convoluted chat about the intricacies of the seeding and the draw, and so little about the actual GAMES .. worrying lol  B)
    And that, on the whole, it's been a fabulous tournament so far.

As an Ireland fan, having a really tough QF opponent is really helpful, we can believe ourselves underdogs in any matches that remain for us.

And, World Cup Quarter Finals being what they are for Ireland....
    I’m not sure we think of ourselves as underdogs any more @NornIrishAddick  😉

I think BOD said it best at the weekend. His team had several players with that winning mentality, but in this one the whole squad have that belief and the strength in depth is incredible. I honestly can’t wait to see Saturday’s game…and then the next two Saturdays too. 
    The semi final if Ireland win is On a Friday night ;) 
    Thanks…I’d seen we were in Stade de France all the way through after the first two group games, for as long as we can stay in the tournament. Had just assumed it was Saturday. 
  • Options
    pressure is on Farrell (and his knowledge of where the bodies are) and Borthwick especially as Ford has been our player of the tournament so far. This could be a master stroke. Though having seen how we play with Farrell I very much doubt it. 

Arundell should be playing but he's fallen out with Farrell. pathetic. 

Mitchell is crap and Daley and Smith are both in the wrong position. 
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited October 2023
    pressure is on Farrell (and his knowledge of where the bodies are) and Borthwick especially as Ford has been our player of the tournament so far. This could be a master stroke. Though having seen how we play with Farrell I very much doubt it. 

Arundell should be playing but he's fallen out with Farrell. pathetic. 

Mitchell is crap and Daley and Smith are both in the wrong position. 
    England will revert to kicking for territory every opportunity they get I expect. Horrible rugby to watch when they have exciting players not even in the playing squad like Arundel. Smith at full back seems very odd. If they manage to win this game they could be in for an embarrassing beating by one of the top teams in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Here we are Quarter finals 
    2 good games for us today 
    For me it's Wales & New Zealand 
    To go through  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wellred said:
    To go through  B)
    You could be right, though you'd definitely be off my Christmas card list...

Interesting to see how many English and New Zealand officials are involved in the matches this weekend.  I'm not sure whether I think having all the officials for a game being from one country is a good thing or not (I'm leaning towards the "or not" idea).
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    To go through  B)
    agreed .. both probably by a very skinny whisker
  • Options
    Wales playing well here in first half. Numbers falling off shirts is a bit embarrassing for an international side. 
  • Options
    This all a bit ott. Bit of handbags. 
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited October 2023
    Argentina came back well there could easily have tied it. Finely balanced now
  • Options
    Argentina well and truly coming back into this and 12-10 up. Wales need a breakaway try or two.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Argentina well and truly coming back into this and 12-10 up. Wales need a breakaway try or two.
    As I said. well done Tomas Williams and Biggar.
  • Options
    The Argentinian isn't English so he will be allowed to stay on.
  • Options
    Come on Wales. Hold out.
  • Options
    17-17 with the Argentinian conversion to come.

19-17 Argentina. Come on Wales come back again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Argentina! (Got them in the work sweepstake... Purely mercenary support)
  • Options
    Wales out now. Argentina interception try.
  • Options
    Great 2nd half by Argentina
  • Options
    Argentina deserving imo.
  • Options
    All over. Wales out.

Come on Ireland later and England tomorrow.
  • Options
    Fine margins, a very good tackle and a great interception at the end.

Shame, but Argentina deserved the win, and the right to get knocked out in the Semi final.
  • Options
    When Wales got there first try it looked like it was going to be a easy win but all credit to Argentina  drove hard & deserved the win