Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Wow that team is inexperienced. We'd have been/did go mad if fielding that sort of team under Roland. Fuck me our squad is so short everywhere. I hope we do well today but this could be a battering.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Nice catch up with Kanu in todays interview, a great talker, and really shows up the way the youngsters are developing into better first teamers after playing so well together in  U18s...todays team starting line up includes 5 youth products which is impressive
  • Options
    I really hope Deji does not make any mistakes and cause any danger.
    If he is on his defensive game then a few stray forward balls can be tolerated.
    I have rated him for a while, but more than most he has experienced the two steps forward one step back aspect of things in recent years.
    Full league debut, lets hope it gets remembered for the right things.
    Good luck Deji.
  • Options
    Very inexperienced at the back. Hector is the one who should be in there guiding the youngsters through these games with his experience but he can’t be trusted. Thomas isn’t good enough. Jones is now the mainstay. Gotta hope Ness and Deji come good.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Most of our current problems in a nutshell. 
  • Options
    Ness has been slow as mud so far this year.  Deji struggled at times last year at a much lower level.  Anderson loses possession all the time and is not ready to be a starter yet.  Not feeling good about this one.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, Brownie has gone for a 0-1 win...positive or what...
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    _MrDick said:
    It’s not a great day. Soaked through to the skin getting here. Queued up for 25 mins to get some grub in the bowling alley only to be told I had to have a lane or a table number. I had neither. It doesn’t matter where you sit, you’re gonna get wet. And to cap it off, I left my glasses in the car and everything at the other end of the pitch is a blur. All I can say is … we’d better win 
    Leaving your glasses in your car is the best thing that has happened to you today.
    Yes because there’s nothing worse than getting your glasses rained on.
  • Options
    Forgot that James Beadle was on loan @ Oxford
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    It’s not a great day. Soaked through to the skin getting here. Queued up for 25 mins to get some grub in the bowling alley only to be told I had to have a lane or a table number. I had neither. It doesn’t matter where you sit, you’re gonna get wet. And to cap it off, I left my glasses in the car and everything at the other end of the pitch is a blur. All I can say is … we’d better win 
    Wait till the drummer rocks up in the seat behind you :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ten minutes of F1 Quali

Then can fully focus on the Football
    You can’t even predict that right @ForeverAddickted :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Once again we are in the all black strip, in another game when the Red/White strip would be good, can't get this sticking to that format, we are RED/WHITE Addicks...c'mon..
  • Options
    Curbs and Brownie too positive in my opinion.
  • Options
    For you oldies You will never beat the FISH.
  • Options
    As usual, I will be on updates from BBC, but remember they are always a bit slower than other contributors. 
  • Options
    Ten minutes of F1 Quali

Then can fully focus on the Football
    You can’t even predict that right @ForeverAddickted :-)
    Bloody Americans :D
  • Options
    We look nervous whenever we're on the ball
  • Options
    1. 1'

Post update

Foul by Lloyd Jones (Charlton Athletic).

2. 1'

Post update

Tyler Goodrham (Oxford United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Long range effort from Oxford just outside the box, deflects for a corner
  • Options
    Interesting early scores in Premier league. Do not worry will say no more as we do not give anything about Premier league that will spoil it for others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Long range effort from Oxford just outside the box, deflects for a corner
    Jones attempts to win the Header from the box, lands painfully on his shoulder but gets back to his feet.

All play in our half in these early stages
  • Options
    Not the best start for Asimwe or Anderson
  • Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Marcus McGuane (Oxford United) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Rúben Rodrigues.

• Options
    1. 3'

Post update

Corner, Oxford United. Conceded by Lucas Ness.

• Options
    My stream has gone down.
  • Options

Asiimwe stings the palms of former Charlton kid James Beadle in the Oxford goal from a tight angle

⏱4' 🐂 #oufc 0-0 #cafc ⚫️

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) August 26, 2023
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We look nervous whenever we're on the ball

of course they're nervous, played 2 minutes and faced their arch nemesis twice. The Set Piece. 😅
  • Options
    1. 4'

Post update

Attempt saved. Nathan Asiimwe (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved.

• Options
    Christ May that's a chance. Got to score
  • Options
    Very good start though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!