Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    Its only taken 4 games to ruin Asimwe & Anderson. Against Orient on Aug 5th they looked mustard.  

Well done Holden.
    You are correct Golfie, although  Holden has few options due to lack of  signings, especially in Asiimwe's case.
    Part of blame lies with owner's/ senior management imo.

Why let Egbo go before you get a replacement in?
    Sums up our shite recruitment this summer 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Dwarves the sack for that first half lineup 
    Payne wasn't playing.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Holden got to go. All over the place today!!
    The churn of yet another manager
    I wish I could find a way to stop supporting us

If he isn’t any good , why keep him ? 
    Probably not the time but if you think he’s been given the tools to play the way he wants then you’re misguided. And the players he has been given are mostly injured.
    Chop, change and not having the squad sorted early in pre season is the same problem every summer for the last few years.

It’s the people above Holden who need to be held accountable.
    Bringing in yet another manager isn’t the answer.
    Totally fatigued already and not into Sept yet.

Agree, but Holden will be made the scapegoat.

Question is - how much longer will they give him?
  • Options
    Holden out 
  • Options
    Another week another goal conceded because our defensive shape somehow leaves just asiimwe alone at the back from a set piece.

Done with Holden. Need a whole new coaching set up tbh. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Probably not the time but if you think he’s been given the tools to play the way he wants then you’re misguided. And the players he has been given are mostly injured.
    Chop, change and not having the squad sorted early in pre season is the same problem every summer for the last few years.

I agree. But when you throw a load of youngsters in, play players out of position, and play a system that wasn't suiting us, you hold some responsibility too.
    Or simply play a system to the players you have.

• Options
    Thanks everyone.

Disappointing.
  • Options
    Holden talks well. 
    As for the rest…
  • Options
    Suicide tactics.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you all for the updates, making a miserable couple of hours bearable.

Far too many problems with the team to give any sense of confidence that we can be reasonably successful this season.

The only plus is that the rest of the weekend can only be better.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Oh referee you're a joke of an official!!!
    What did he do wrong there, played advantage in a dangerous position didn't he? 
    It was more the fact he let their player on a booking get away with the foul - It was McGuaine's (?) second offence, he should have been sent off for
  • Options
    We are a team heavy with wingers....play with fucking wingers. Get a defensive coach in to work specifically with them but most importantly...make some fucking signings.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I tell you what, Bowyer would get a lot more out of these players, and we certainly would have this shit served up by Holden week in week out, blame the recruitment all you like, there is still enough on the pitch to win these games of football. Decision making from the manager is terrible 

U have an agenda fella, although Holden does seem to be clueless! Your guys put him in charge btw
    Dont think they're Dubai's guys...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Notice Holden went nowhere near the away fans at the end there. 

He knows he's on borrowed time
    Gutless.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I tell you what, Bowyer would get a lot more out of these players, and we certainly would have this shit served up by Holden week in week out, blame the recruitment all you like, there is still enough on the pitch to win these games of football. Decision making from the manager is terrible 

U have an agenda fella, although Holden does seem to be clueless! Your guys put him in charge btw
    No agenda, he isn’t good enough. The players are good enough! 

May taking throwing, leaving 1 player back, ducking joke. 

Clueless 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Oh referee you're a joke of an official!!!
    What did he do wrong there, played advantage in a dangerous position didn't he? 
    It was more the fact he let their player on a booking get away with the foul - It was McGuaine's (?) second offence, he should have been sent off for
    Oh ok. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Agree, but Holden will be made the scapegoat.

Question is - how much longer will they give him?
    Sorry mate but I know our squad is light but no way should we be putting in performances like that today. The last few weeks I could say we were unlucky to lose but today we should have been 3 or 4 down by halftime and that’s on DH. If he fails to turn this around next week I think he will be toast
  • Options
    Not having basic defensive shape when they’ve supposedly spent the week working on it, that’s on the head coaches head 
  • Options
    I didn’t watch the game and only followed it on here. Sounds like taxi for Holden based on the comments here.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!