Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I can't remember the last time I've seen a Charlton side so open on the counter. It was the same vs Rovers at home and at times Port Vale too.

Tactically something is seriously wrong and I don't think Holden could really complain if he got the boot tonight. Horrible.

At this point, it might be a valid tactic to just give us set pieces. Because you’re more likely to score from them than we are.
  • Options
    FT 2-1, this bloody losing is getting boring..
    We deserved to lose on the first half showing , but draw on the second half, as usual no luck going our way with their first containing a blatant handball in the build up...so another 3 points lost
  • Options
    That’s was the chance 
  • Options
    1. 90'+4'

Post update

Corner, Oxford United. Conceded by Nathan Asiimwe.

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Holden got to go. All over the place today!!
    The churn of yet another manager
    I wish I could find a way to stop supporting us

If he isn’t any good , why keep him ? 
    Probably not the time but if you think he’s been given the tools to play the way he wants then you’re misguided. And the players he has been given are mostly injured.
    Chop, change and not having the squad sorted early in pre season is the same problem every summer for the last few years.

It’s the people above Holden who need to be held accountable.
    Bringing in yet another manager isn’t the answer.
    Totally fatigued already and not into Sept yet.

I agree. But when you throw a load of youngsters in, play players out of position, and play a system that wasn't suiting us, you hold some responsibility too.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Holden got to go. All over the place today!!
    The churn of yet another manager
    I wish I could find a way to stop supporting us

If he isn’t any good , why keep him ? 
    Probably not the time but if you think he’s been given the tools to play the way he wants then you’re misguided. And the players he has been given are mostly injured.
    Chop, change and not having the squad sorted early in pre season is the same problem every summer for the last few years.

It’s the people above Holden who need to be held accountable.
    Bringing in yet another manager isn’t the answer.
    Totally fatigued already and not into Sept yet.

He’s not been given the tools but he has zero pedigree in management . 
  • Options

All over. Five defeats on the spin in all comps.
  • Options

Overall pretty poor.

• Options
    FT 2-1.

Same shit different Saturday.

Holden on very thin ice after five defeats in a row.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Oh referee you're a joke of an official!!!

Oxford player on a booking hauls our player down just outside their area - Gives us the advantage, with a cross flashing between CBT and May.

He then instantly blows for FT - Fucking send off that c**t, who should have gone much earlier in the half!!
  • Options
    Total shit, no desire, no gameplan. Fuck this lot
  • Options
    Terrible cross by Campbell that misses our two players in the box. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Deserves the sack for that first half lineup 
  • Options
    Terrible defeat by Charlton. 
  • Options
    At least Charlie boy will be happy
  • Options
    He has no clue
  • Options
    May taking long throws nearly as bad as Kane taking corners for England under hodgson 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still getting minutes in the legs of a few. We go again etc
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the commentary anyway.
  • Options
    It'll all be fine when Leaburn comes back. Keep telling us that Charlton, we all feel confident of promotion now! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates everyone, on what was obviously a very depressing Charlton display.
  • Options
    Snatched defeat from the jaws of defeat. 

Sorry Dean, you seem like a lovely guy but you've done nothing in your time here to indicate that you're fit to manage a team with aspirations of top six. 

Holden Out. 

• Options
    Oh referee you're a joke of an official!!!
    What did he do wrong there, played advantage in a dangerous position didn't he? 
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Every player looks lost, after this game I’m not so sure Holden has a grip of the team or style of play.
    What exactly is our "style" of play?
    Crap I think sums it up.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

• Options
    We’re still getting done on the break a month after the Millwall game, where it happened there.

I don’t mind conceding those chasing a game, not when the game is still in the balance.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!