Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

So match No5 it is, and much as it saddens me to say but, we could be propping
everyone else up at 5pm today with a heavy loss, I say could because surely we
will not come to that...will we...🤞
I will hang my hat on a win today, surely our bad luck has to come to and end, why not today...

Here we go anyway...

Deji Elerewe will make his full league debut... 

Harry Isted comes in for his first league start, and Lucas Ness returns as Dean makes three changes to his side.

Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Michael Hector and Terry Taylor all move to the bench where they are joined by the returning Tyreece Campbell and new signing Chem Campbell.

It means the Addicks are expected to line-up in a 3-5-2 formation with Elerewe and Ness joining Lloyd Jones in a back three ahead of Isted.

Nathan Asiimwe and Corey Blackett-Taylor will operate as wing backs with Tayo Edun expected to move into midfield alongside Karoy Anderson and skipper George Dobson.

Last weekend’s goalscorers, Alfie May and Daniel Kanu, once again start up front.

Terell Thomas and Jack Payne join Maynard-Brewer, Hector, Taylor and both Campbells on the bench.

Charlton: Isted; Elerewe, Ness, Jones; Asiimwe, Anderson, Dobson (c), Edun, Blackett-Taylor; May, Kanu

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Hector, Thomas, Taylor, Payne, T Campbell, C Campbell

Comments

• Options
    Least someone wasnt slacking this weekend with the Pre-Match | Match | Post-Match threads ;)
  • Options
    Pleased with those changes, Elerewe looked good in pre season, Ness was our best CB last season so hopefully he can regain that form and the experienced defenders don't deserve their places right now.

Kanu did not deserve to lose his place either.
  • Options
    Looks haphazard to me but I guess we would have criticised if he hadn’t made changes 
  • Options
    Names out a hat that lineup 
  • Options
    Must be one of the youngest sides we’ve ever fielded
  • Options
    The manager is panicking already and doesn't appear to know what his best 11 is
    Why is he panicking ?  He's obviously seen a better option in training (hopefully).
  • Options
    Watch this line line come back and smack him on the arse……. Oxford 3 or 4 us…… ?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only 3 of the 8 outfield players we signed or re-signed either fit enough or good enough to be in the starting 11.
  • Options
    I can't see how we get anything from this game, so I'm hoping for a smash and grab. COYR!
  • Options
    People said that to Ferguson when he played all those youngsters. They didn’t do to bad!
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    People said that to Ferguson when he played all those youngsters. They didn’t do to bad!
    <Insert comment here> about you comparing Anderson | Asiimwe | Elerewe | Ness to the Class of '92
  • Options
    AMB dropped, that's a big call
  • Options
    Charlton Academy Vs Oxford United 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Kirk McGrandles and DJ now non people.
    Hopefully out next week 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Kirk McGrandles and DJ now non people.
    Lets hope this actually.means they're off, as if not they'll surely be back again in a week's time, even less motivated 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting line up, don't think anyone could have guessed those changes. Doubt it'll fair any better, but another game and another totally different defense, I know some are still in need of fitness but we really need to get the backline settled  and working together as a unit. 

Missing the stream today, taking the sensible option and going for a beer! All updates appreciated in advance.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Names out a hat that lineup 
    Is it? Was definitely the right time to change the keeper. Other than that the only really notable change there is Deji 2.0 coming in. Not sure yet if it's 343 with Kanu wide or 352 with CBT behind the front two which is what a few on here were suggesting but mostly that's the personnel we were expecting.
  • Options
    Well that's a pretty inexperienced defence, so Jones' leadership qualities are likely to be well tested this afternoon.
  • Options
    Class of 92 wasnt a forever one off. We could have the league one equivalent!
  • Options
    Surely it should be least worse!
  • Options
    Five academy products starting with a further three on the bench.
  • Options
    You are probably right - but given results and the significant individual mistakes that have cost us a significant change felt needed.
  • Options
    Oxford have got the poshest team announcer I’ve ever heard … standards 
  • Options
    Surprised it's Tupac that's the returning player rather than Camara. A big call to continue with Anderson rather than Taylor too, though merited.
  • Options
    Sound iffy on the stream?...bring back ATV...😉
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!