Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• No way Holden can be blamed for all of this, and I don’t think I’ve ever called for a manager to go before. However, it may be time to bring in an experienced league 1 manager. Could also look at league 2 teams doing well like Wimbledon.
  • sam3110 said:
    Are we actually calling out shape and Holden tactics?  Do you think it might be underfunding, bad use of what little funding we’ve had and a shit load of injuries?  I do, we could have Pep we’d still be shite.
    Nope, not when you make a song and dance about having an entire week to prepare and working on defensive situations, and then after 40 mins you've had to sub off a defender and change the system
    But those interviews are just pre planned clichés, that’s all they’ve ever been.  What do you expect him to say, it’s been an average week of training?
    Don't have to say anything at all does he
  • Matches are won and lost on the training pitch, and we clearly are not getting the training right...

Unfortunately one of Holden's go to interview lines every week is "we've had a good week in training, the players look good".
  • Back under way. Addicks shooting towards the Hollywood Bar & Diner end this half. 46'
  • Kanu and Ness off at half time

Campbell and Hector on
  • When you think things can’t get worse, they usually do with Charlton. Holden seems clueless. Will Methven, Scott etc have the guts to change manager this early, given he was their choice from the get-go?
    They are to blame for this, Sandgaard was the owner but the new ownership had to be pulling the strings.
  • edited August 2023
    Oxford Commentary not happy with a challenge from Jones just inside our half
  • Sponsored links:

• Burton 1-0
  • Hector and T Campbell on for Ness and Kanu. We're now 4-2-3-1 I believe. Our third formation of the game. 
  • Few challenges from us show a bit of a response
  • Charlton the most lively they’ve been since the opening three minutes of the first half
  • Lo
    uis Mendez

Anderson feeds May in the area, who turns but his shot is blocked 47'
  • SDAddick said:
    Hector and T Campbell on for Ness and Kanu. We're now 4-2-3-1 I believe. Our third formation of the game. 
    Looks like 4-3-3 with the height of the two wingers either side of May at the moment.
  • Port Vale 1-0
  • Don't like kids being treated in this manner. Hauled off at half time. It's unprofessional and out of order.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    First few minutes of the second half we are better..rather like the first half...🙄
  • Brighter start from the Addicks. Asiimwe's low cross hacked away 49'
  • edited August 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Hector and T Campbell on for Ness and Kanu. We're now 4-2-3-1 I believe. Our third formation of the game. 
    Looks like 4-3-3 with the height of the two wingers either side of May at the moment.
    4-2-3-1 with Dobson and Anderson sitting. Two Campbells and CBT behind May. Tyreece right, Chem no.10, CBT left
  • Burton winning puts us just a place off the bottom 4

• Are Methven & Lenegan there at the match, enjoying their team's performance?

That's #OUFC, of course, not #CAFC...
  • Charlton throw comes into the box, Dobson with a header from outside the box is comfortably caught by Beadle.
    1. 47'

Post update

Rúben Rodrigues (Oxford United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Tayo Edun (Charlton Athletic).

1. 48'

Post update

Offside, Oxford United. Elliott Moore tries a through ball, but Billy Bodin is caught offside.

• You’d imagine it’ll make recruitment even harder this week if we get a battering today
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!