Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    Depressing bench.

At least we are starting with 2 natural strikers. About all Holden could pick tbf.

What's that you say.....the transfer window doesn't shut for another 2 weeks. Yeah yeah....
  • Options
    Anyone know who the third Charlton keeper in the warm up is?
  • Options
    Camara 6-8 weeks apparently 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Where have you heard that? Club say “minor” so not sure 6-8 weeks lines up with that.
    Minor is 6-8 weeks with our medical team! 
  • Options
    Minor is 6-8weeks for us, what are you on about?
  • Options
    Camara 6-8 weeks apparently 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Is that true?
    Hopefully just a whooosh.
  • Options

Christ, this squad is still really weak
  • Options
    Anyone know who the third Charlton keeper in the warm up is?
    If he's young and black it's Prince Adegoke 
  • Options
    Can’t see Edun being in a back three. It’s definitely a four at the back. Will be interesting to see what the attacking shape looks like - could just be as simple as Kanu and CBT either side of May…
    Agree it’s unlikely, but we’ve done it before with Solly, while Walker has played the same role for England. A back three doesn’t always have three out and out CBs.
  • Options
    Great to see Kanu in there, and at last a two of sorts, which could give Alfie some much needed support up top, and really feel this is the day for Alfie to get off the mark...
  • Options
    Camara missing from the squad will be a big miss but I think Taylor playing with Dobson will work for some reason atleast our midfield won’t get overpowered. Also good to see Hector start hopefully we won’t be as scarey at the back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Live only starts half hour before on Saturdays, but 45 mins before last Tuesday. And no guests so far..
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Wigan 4-0 up at Bolton.
    Yeah, with only 5 shots on target and just 32% possession. :smile:

• Options
    That Bench!

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Can’t see Edun being in a back three. It’s definitely a four at the back. Will be interesting to see what the attacking shape looks like - could just be as simple as Kanu and CBT either side of May…
    Agree it’s unlikely, but we’ve done it before with Solly, while Walker has played the same role for England. A back three doesn’t always have three out and out CBs.
    You do need a fairly tall full back though, like Clare or Purrington 
  • Options
    Edun played in a back 3 briefly against Brizzle Rovers.

I think it's a 433 though 
  • Options
    Slightly more pessimistic now than I was half hour ago. No white flag yet though. COYRs just get a win.
  • Options
    Hope we're winning 3-0 by 60 minutes because that bench is doing nothing. 
    It’s not the bench that’s doing nothing but the owners and Charlie and his associates.
  • Options
    Holden in a suit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta be 442 - the team I picked a day or so ago other than Jones for ness - Kanu up top with May will be a breath of fresh air - game wrapped up by 65 mins which will be handy coz the bench is tripe 
  • Options
    That’s gutting - I actually said to my son on the way it would be CLASSIC Charlton if someone like Camara is injured today.

Camara injured.

Cant make it up.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    You do need a fairly tall full back though, like Clare or Purrington 
    Depends what you’re trying to do, what you’re up against and how good your other two are in the air I’d say. It’s worked well for England and at times it did for us too. Jackson also used Matthews and Gunter in that way.
  • Options
    What time does the stream start?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Holden in a suit
    He's just come from a job interview 
    Or a disciplinary hearing ...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Holden in a suit
    He's just had to face the new Directors demanding to know why Charlton has lost 3 games on the spin .... ? :smile:

• Options
    Anyone having problems getting pre show live on you tube. Can’t get it on either my smart tv or ipad
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    In 2 and a half minutes (so 2:30)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Half 2
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!