Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Peterborough United Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 12th August 2023 : KO 3:00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    We carry no goal threat, and there's always a " farting around with it at the back" mistake waiting to happen. 

Yes the squad is thin of attacking quality, but you also have to question the defensive coaching and how we're trying to play out from the back. It's the same as last week, with the centre backs trying to play out, then hoofing it.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

WACF anyone ?
    Women and Children First? 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Same old from us, start the season with one fit strike and toothless in attack. We were playing well until that point but one lapse in concentration and they are through on goal. 
    Yep, same old same old. They’ve have weeks to get a big unit in up front for May to feed off. We need more players urgently! 
  • Options
    I thought we did ok that half as is the norm lately a mistake causes an unnecessary goal. If we can keep playing like we have 1st half I think we can still get something out of the game
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Same old from us, start the season with one fit strike and toothless in attack. We were playing well until that point but one lapse in concentration and they are through on goal. 
    Playing well is stretching things, Posh have looked more likely to score.
  • Options
    I have said it before, why do SSN have Morrison commentating on Palace games 👎
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    Poor touch by Camara there and then suddenly all our defenders are nowhere to be seen, Thomas followed the man and as he played it back, all 3 centre backs are in one side of the box and there's a gaping hole for them. 

352 DOESN'T FUCKING WORK
    A poor touch by Camara as you say which has nothing to do with the formation and we’re playing 4-3-3.
    That's even worse then, because it means our left back was on the right hand side of the central defender when they pass that ball. 

If it's really 433 then Asiimwe is pushing way higher than Thomas, and Jones is playing very wide for a centre back 
    Probably several mistakes in there for the goal, but there’s nothing unusual about a formation not being symmetrical with one of the full backs being more attacking than the other.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Why buy May then pump balls up to him?! 
    We have to sign a target man or it’s the same old shite
    Running in behind is one of his qualities, helps stretch the pitch and gives space for our midfielders. In theory.
    That’s if you hit balls beyond the centre halves to turn them around.
    We’re hitting it from deep in our own half onto their heads

There’s been multiple gone over their heads, including one May got on the end of and turned around and set up Payne for an attempt at goal
    You seriously don’t think we need a target man?
    I'd certainly like someone "big" up front. Doesn't have to be 6ft 4 or a target man.....but someone who can hold the ball up & bosses centre halves around. Like Kermorgant or even John Pearson back in the day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Apart from Camara thinking he's Pele, that was actually a good first half. Holden stated we are no where near where we want to be and you can see that, get a striker, get Leaburn fit and we will be a threat, at the moment dominating the midfield is no good if we are not a threat in the box. 
    It wasn’t. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ooo side netting from Alfie May

Inches wide of the post
  • Options
    Off and running for the second half, kicking towards the travelling Addicks, be good to get something that end and send them home happy
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    With this squad and this formation we won't score enough goals to go up.
    Iast season I kept bring told that it's a defensive problem not a striking one.

• Options
    supaclive said:

It’s both as things stand.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    supaclive said:

You also got told plenty of times we had the sixth best record in front of goal last season, whilst we had the ninth worst defence

But you keep focusing on what you want to hear
  • Options
    Pompey 0-3
  • Options
    Umerah sent off for Hartlepool 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

We’re missing our no. 10, our set piece taker, our first choice target man and our super sub… most teams will struggle for goals in that situation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too many of our passes are being far too overhit
  • Options
    CBT sometimes just plays like that kid at the park who never passes. Infuriating 
  • Options
    CBT did well until blazing over the bar
  • Options
    Decent cross lofted in from CBT, headed out towards Payne on the edge of the area, but his feet are planted and he cant adjust to collect the lose ball.

CBT now cuts in past two players, and shoots comfortably over the bar
  • Options
    And people want CBT up top with may 😑
  • Options
    Nice mazy run on the left from CBT, but the resulting shot didn't match the build up and ends up in row z
  • Options
    CBT makes it look easy to twist and turn but does his usual shot over the bar. No threat on goal. 
  • Options
    And people want CBT up top with may 😑
    Best option of what’s currently available IMO
  • Options
    Nice mazy run on the left from CBT, but the resulting shot didn't match the build up and ends up in row z
    If he shoots from nearer the goal, it might only reach row W
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!