Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Peterborough United Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 12th August 2023 : KO 3:00 Pm

We now face a potentially tricky game at The Weston Homes Stadium against Peterborough, and
can expect a far sterner test than last week with Leyton Orient, however, I am feeling forever
hopeful we can come home with a point..maybe three who knows...so here we go...

Panutche Camará makes his first league start for the club in this afternoon’s game against Peterborough United.

The midfielder is joined in the starting line-up by Jack Payne. The duo replace the injured Scott Fraser and Tyreece Campbell as Dean Holden makes two changes from the team that beat Leyton Orient at The Valley last weekend.

The changes mean the Addicks could line-up in the 3-5-2 formation used last week or a 4-3-3 formation.

If a 3-5-2, Lloyd Jones, Lucas Ness and Terell Thomas would start in a back three in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer. Nathan Asiimwe and Corey Blackett-Taylor would operate as wing-backs with Camará joined in a midfield three by skipper George Dobson and Karoy Anderson. Payne would partner Alfie May.

If playing a 4-3-3, Asiimwe would drop into a back four, with Blackett-Taylor joining Payne and May in a front three.

Harry Isted, Michael Hector, Zach Mitchell, Tayo Edun, Conor McGrandles, Charlie Kirk and Daniel Kanu make up the substitutes bench.

Mandela Egbo, Richard Chin and Terry Taylor all miss the game with injuries picked up in midweek.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Jones, Ness, Thomas; Dobson (c), Anderson, Camará; Payne, May, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Isted, Hector, Mitchell, Edun, McGrandles, Kirk, Kanu

Looks like the formation will be decided at some time....🤷‍♂️

Comments

• Options

Two changes for the Addicks. First league start for Pan Camara and Jack Payne also in. Campbell and Fraser both missing through injury.

Also no Terry Taylor or Manny Egbo in the squad at all. #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) August 12, 2023
  • Options
    4-3-3 apparently but my first thought was a 4-4-2 diamond.

• Options
    Looks like a 4-4-2 diamond to me... Thomas LB, dobbo sitting, and payne in behind CBT and May
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Jones, Ness, Thomas, Dobson (c), Anderson, Camará, Payne, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Isted, Hector, Mitchell, Edun, McGrandles, Kirk, Kanu

Peterborough: Bilokapic, Burrows, Edwards, Crichlow, Clarke-Harris, Poku, Randall, Jones, Kyprianou, Collins, Kioso

Subs: Blackmore, Knight, Fuchs, de Havilland, Ajiboye, Tshimanga, Tomlinson

• Options
    Lacking a bit of confidence now with that line up, especially if it’s a 3-5-2 formation. Will be very happy to come away with a draw. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    That team looks like a 433 to me.

Has DJ just vanished? Not featuring in any squads, but not linked with anyone either.
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Jones, Ness, Thomas, Dobson (c), Anderson, Camará, Payne, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Isted, Hector, Mitchell, Edun, McGrandles, Kirk, Kanu

Peterborough: Bilokapic, Burrows, Edwards, Crichlow, Clarke-Harris, Poku, Randall, Jones, Kyprianou, Collins, Kioso

Subs: Blackmore, Knight, Fuchs, de Havilland, Ajiboye, Tshimanga, Tomlinson

Is Hector just not up to 90 minutes or just not deemed good enough to be starter
  • Options
    No real game changers on the bench
  • Options
    Have to say that squad starting there is still a way of promotion chasing. Better be busy in the next few weeks. 
  • Options
    I don't love that. Looks like a 433 with Payne and CBT in the wide positions, though Holden might have just decided that nothing matters and stuck Payne up front in a 352 I guess. We really are more shallow in the squad than we would ideally be at this stage even without the infinity injuries we always get. We'd better hope we start well, take the lead early and consolidate the scoreline because the only player we have to bring on to try and change the game there is Kirk, which you'll all love I'm sure. Might be a long afternoon with poor old Alfie May watching long balls sail over his head, but at least the midfield three looks ok
  • Options
    Five home grown starting with two more on the bench.
  • Options
    Would take a draw
  • Options
    yep .. looks like a 4 4 2, probably our optimum, nothing fancy, no fecking about formation
  • Options
    Have to say that squad starting there is still a way of promotion chasing. Better be busy in the next few weeks. 
    Don't worry, the club have their targets & are confident of getting them........ but they're all recovering from serious injuries & won't be available until around April 2024
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no Mason-Clarke for them .. good, they'll miss him
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    2-3 weeks for Campbell, depends on how he recovers in the next week | Little bit longer for Fraser

• Options
    Oh good, youtube has audio today.
  • Options
    Fraser out for at least a month, the joys. 
  • Options
    Fraser out for at least a month, the joys. 
    Will he be fit for the Pizza Cup?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Max Whitall (prob spelt wrong) a name I've not heard of before, sitting in for Scott..also stalwarts Curbs and Brownie to keep up the banter in the studio, 

• Options
    We're not going to have a fully fit, or at least an almost fullly fit squad at any point this season. 

Joys.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Dean trying to sound upbeat in the pre match interview, but not sounding convincing...big test today, but Payne and Camara should be more than capable of covering for the injured..looks like a 4.3.3
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Max Whitall (prob spelt wrong) a name I've not heard of before, sitting in for Scott..also stalwarts Curbs and Brownie to keep up the banter in the studio, 

Whittle. Quick look at his Twitter profile, he seems to do a lot of work at Aston Villa and Edgbaston - been down the Valley before, pitchside announcing for the most recent Sidemen charity match.

Here’s his LinkedIn as well

https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/profile/in/max-whittle-7574504b?originalSubdomain=uk
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!