Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th August 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    It's been raining alot, hope the pitch is OK...
  • Options
    It might benefit us more than Posh this time if the pitch is too frosty and hard to play...
  • Options
    We need this called off so we can play them with our magical full squad that will have been gathered by the end of the transfer window .

2-0 Posh , not many teams are going to get a result up there this season and they’ll be in the mix .
  • Options
    I really can’t see Kirk starting and assume Camara will be in for Anderson (unless Fraser’s out).

Feeling rather pessimistic about this one, would take a draw now if offered. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    For those that say surely all clubs get the same injuries and we just put our own under the spotlight....how many injuries do Peterborough have going into this?
    I think Mason-Clark is injured. Arguably their best player.
    He's in contention, scan showed no damage 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    For those that say surely all clubs get the same injuries and we just put our own under the spotlight....how many injuries do Peterborough have going into this?
    I think Mason-Clark is injured. Arguably their best player.
    He's in contention, scan showed no damage 
    Don't think he will play.
  • Options
    Need to bring our A game as this will be a tough one but fancy us for a good 2-1 win
    COYR  B)
  • Options
    It was obvious the squad was undercooked again before a ball was kicked in anger.
    Wait until the end of the window comes the cry again, but meanwhile we have games to play.
    If the rumoured injury situation proves correct I can feel my pessimism plummeting.
    Alfie May isn't getting the support or service he needs and is probably starting to wonder wtf he's done.
    Defence is looking shaky.
    I am seeing a routine 2 or 3 nil win for Peterborough.
    I will be there cheering on the team and hoping they stuff these words down my throat.

• Options
    Is Jones injured?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    If Fraser isn't fit I would go

Maynard-Brewer
            Jones - Hector - Thomas
    Asiimwe -      Dobson -         Edun
                 Camara - Anderson
                       May - CBT 

Massive risk though starting 3 players who have question marks about their fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Maynard-Brewer
            Jones - Hector - Thomas
    Asiimwe -      Dobson -         Endu
                 Camara - Anderson
                       May - CBT 

Massive risk though starting 3 players who have question marks about their fitness.
    That's the team I'd start - all being well with training etc 

Not much to come off bench, mind 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I would keep CBT where he has been our most effective player in pre-season as well as the Orient game. With what we have, it means either Payne or Kanu. We can't afford to carry anybody tomorrow.

It sounds a bit strange as Fraser is a midfielder, but him being out for a while makes getting that second striker in all the more urgent as we need goals in the side.
  • Options
    Hope May scores (several....). concerned that our defence is a work in progress. Plus vs Leyton Orient we gave away the ball so easily , (even excluding the speculative punts for May to run on to), and I heard DH saying the similar for Cup game. It makes it v hard vs a good team.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    2 games in and we are talking about resting Ness and an injury  crisis.   God forbid we should have players who can play 40 games, though other clubs manage it.

It's that Charlton feeling.
  • Options
    Was glorious in the city centre yesterday. Hopefully it hasn't made the pitch too hard to run on!
  • Options
              Maynard-Brewer
            Jones - Hector - Thomas
                 Camara - Anderson
                       May - CBT 

I think this will be the team, or if Endu isn't fit enough to start. CBT wing back and Kanu up top. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Maynard-Brewer
            Jones - Hector - Thomas
                 Camara - Anderson
                       May - CBT 

That's the team I'd start - all being well with training etc 

Not much to come off bench, mind 
    Anderson playing on the right side, in front of Asiimwe though. They link up well and are used to playing together. 
  • Options
    Kanu has got two in two (if you include Aberdeen) and may make a jump. 
  • Options
    2 games in and we are talking about resting Ness and an injury  crisis.   God forbid we should have players who can play 40 games, though other clubs manage it.

It's that Charlton feeling.
    There’s no reason to rest Ness. It’s just that some are saying Hector is ahead of him in terms of selection. Ness isn’t tired or injured. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Yes, it is a choice, which we can debate, on which is the best combination for our opponents. Personally, I think Hector should play in the middle and Jones on the right and Thomas on the left. Thomas would actually be the first name on my teamsheet in terms of central defenders as he is suited to LCB. Aberdeen was a useful watning that Ness is not suited to that side. It isn't about resting anybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Yes, it is a choice, which we can debate, on which is the best combination for our opponents. Personally, I think Hector should play in the middle and Jones on the right and Thomas on the left. Thomas would actually be the first name on my teamsheet in terms of central defenders as he is suited to LCB. Aberdeen was a useful watning that Ness is not suited to that side. It isn't about resting anybody.
    Exactly. 
    Both Ness and Hector have been a bit disappointing so far, but Ness had a spell out through injury and I think Hector will improve with more games.
    Not expecting much from today’s game against one of our bogey sides. A point would be a good result. 
  • Options
    The pre match interview is probably the vaguest one so far from DH. He's barely provided an injury update, but if that is tactical, then fine.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
              Maynard-Brewer
            Jones - Hector - Thomas
                 Camara - Anderson
                       May - CBT 

I think this will be the team, or if Endu isn't fit enough to start. CBT wing back and Kanu up top. 
    Looks a good team that ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Who is Endu? - Is it meant to be Edun?

Reminds me of the Morecambe and Wise sketch... Playing the right notes... Just in the wrong order lol!.
  • Options
    Who is Endu?
    Not sure, but think he is competing with Thosam and CTB for left side spot  ;)
  • Options
    This is unpredictable game no matter when you play them you just don’t know what Peterbro going to turn up .. they are more then capable of beating anyone 3/4 nil but are just as likey  to lose by 3/4 … not the best first away game to get but will show DH more about the team in individual because this game could go anyway …
    I think a draw will be a fantastic result after a win last week and two home games coming up 
  • Options
    always tuff at the Posh .. we need to pick ourselves up after a loss to a L2 side in the week and YES, I know the Newport selection was below what we assume is the 'first choice' .. defence needs to tighten up after conceding 3 in Wales .. I'll be happy(ish) with a draw
  • Options
    Wasn’t it mistakes by midfielders that cost us all three goals?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wasn’t it mistakes by midfielders that cost us all three goals?
    you're saying that midfielders are not there to help the defence ?
  • Options
    Large list of assessments before the game by DH on OS