Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    Andy Scott is a total fraud and utterly classless to sack a manager that HE hired ten minutes after a game....Appleton is not the only one that needs to get out of the club 
    100%
    Surely the Yanks have contacts over there to lead us to experience over here.
    F*** the money it costs by sacking Scott, Rodwell and Methven, the long term future is better off taking the hit now.
    We're staring relegation in the face.
    They have not got a clue.

• Options
    edited January 24
    Definitely he’s at fault, sacked Holden too early , sacked Appleton too late.
  • Options
    I have only read p1 and p17 of this thread

page 1, Scott is the messiah
    page 17, he should also be sacked 

what happened on the other 15 pages in between 😂
  • Options
    If only the Bromley Addicks meeting with Scott was a few weeks later.  He has been a complete disaster.  This Jan window for us feels like his last at Forest just at a different level in the pyramid.  Blindly signing any player that will come here without a plan.  
    I felt somewhat a lone voice when I pointed out that we didn't have one decent defender (apart from perhaps Jones at the time).  
  • Options
    Squad totally unbalanced, only one persons fault, needs to also go.
  • Options
    Interesting from Cawley on the SLP podcast - saying the ownership have a direct and big influence on choosing the manager/head coach. He doesn’t believe it’s entirely down to Andy Scott.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/episode-12-charlton-search-for-new-boss-after-appleton-sacking-and-palace-submit-bids-for-wharton-and-munoz-the-south-london-press-football-pod/
  • Options
    Scott now has scapegoats above and below him.  Brilliant work in his part. 

We can change manager and change ownership while he still gets off Scott Free.

• Options
    Unacceptable if he put self preservation above the interests of the club in delaying sacking Apples having backed the wrong horse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott now has scapegoats above and below him.  Brilliant work in his part. 

We can change manager and change ownership while he still gets off Scott Free.

I don't think he does his role for Free though!  :)
  • Options
    He needs to fall on his own sword.
    Back when he appointed Appleton, Scott made a lot of bold statements about what is now acceptable and what is not at our football club.
    He accepted that it was on his shoulders to meet the goals and objectives that he commuincated clearly to all.
     So I would ask Andy Scott what is different today and why should his performance in his role be seen in any way as acceptable? 
    He, like the failures that he has sourced, need to be shown the door. 
    In his own words "This can’t be happening any more – today is the last day that you are a losing club" - well Andy, like your prediction that you had assembled a squad strong enough to be challenging for the top 6, you are wrong and we are still a losing club.
    How many attempts do you need?

Difficult to defend Scott but I believe this next appointment will make or break him at Cafc as he is in the last chance saloon.

With 18 games to go it would be even more  chaotic to replace him now.  Coventry, Camará and  Ladapo were players that many on the CL were screaming for. Camará was supposed to be over his injuries from last season, Ladapo isn't match fit and Coventry looks shocked at the disjointed team structure around him.

We've had the likes of the odious Southall and amateur Martin Sandgaard involved before so when a football man likes Andy Scott turned up we all expected better.
    He hasn't delivered but he has 18 games to get a Warnock or as it seems Alex Neil in to stop our decline and gets as back to mid table which would have been terrible in August but now sounds decent in January.

If CBT going to Derby on 'loan' and being allowed to play against Charlton twice then, if that was Scott's idea to get the odd 100k more then he should be sacked !

• Options
    He needs to fall on his own sword.
    Back when he appointed Appleton, Scott made a lot of bold statements about what is now acceptable and what is not at our football club.
    He accepted that it was on his shoulders to meet the goals and objectives that he commuincated clearly to all.
     So I would ask Andy Scott what is different today and why should his performance in his role be seen in any way as acceptable? 
    He, like the failures that he has sourced, need to be shown the door. 
    In his own words "This can’t be happening any more – today is the last day that you are a losing club" - well Andy, like your prediction that you had assembled a squad strong enough to be challenging for the top 6, you are wrong and we are still a losing club.
    How many attempts do you need?

Difficult to defend Scott but I believe this next appointment will make or break him at Cafc as he is in the last chance saloon.

With 18 games to go it would be even more  chaotic to replace him now.  Coventry, Camará and  Ladapo were players that many on the CL were screaming for. Camará was supposed to be over his injuries from last season, Ladapo isn't match fit and Coventry looks shocked at the disjointed team structure around him.

We've had the likes of the odious Southall and amateur Martin Sandgaard involved before so when a football man likes Andy Scott turned up we all expected better.
    He hasn't delivered but he has 18 games to get a Warnock or as it seems Alex Neil in to stop our decline and gets as back to mid table which would have been terrible in August but now sounds decent in January.

If CBT going to Derby on 'loan' and being allowed to play against Charlton twice then, if that was Scott's idea to get the odd 100k more then he should be sacked !

I'd get rid of him regardless, as things have gone so far I cannot see much changing for the better.
    All the whilst he is here we will struggle to get decent managers to come here.
  • Options
    Scott can hide behind managerial appointments all he likes but the last two transfer windows have been a mess. What’s the excuse for failed loans and overhauling the squad every window?
  • Options
    edited January 26
    My concern at the moment is judgement. Appleton was not a good appointment, and that is on Scott. That action does not fit with the narrative of getting Charlton into the Championship. One of the worst decisions I have experienced, and we have seen many of those. The next few weeks will indicate to me what this bunch actually want to do. They have spent on the players, they should now invest in a manager and make the best choice. Was Appleton cheap? False economy if so.
  • Options
    Scott can hide behind managerial appointments all he likes but the last two transfer windows have been a mess. What’s the excuse for failed loans and overhauling the squad every window?
    come on - I'm by no means a big fan, but this window isn't a disappointing one?
  • Options
    come on - I'm by no means a big fan, but this window isn't a disappointing one?
    The last two? And the incoming players look promising here but he’s also shipped out the failures from August. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    The biggest mistake Andy Scott has made is with appointing Michael Appleton who lived up to the low expectations of the vast majority of Cafc fans/critics.
    I thought Apples would be bang average but at least get some organisation into the team.

The spirit is seeping out of the players and fans alike and we are in grave danger of imploding if the next incumbent can't immediately get some team play for 100 minutes and shape especially when we don't have the ball and the opposition are on the attack.
    If the fans keep thinking League 1 is Shite, wait until the cesspit of League 2 hits them if the slide continues.

Scott has to own the Appleton decision and explain that to the owner's, whoever they are.
  • Options
    manager/head coach decision apparently taken out of his hands - Is he now diluted or even surplus to requirements?; it seems as though Jones has a greater influence on squad building given the most recent player additions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    manager/head coach decision apparently taken out of his hands - Is he now diluted or even surplus to requirements?; it seems as though Jones has a greater influence on squad building given the most recent player additions.
    How do you know?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    How do you know?
    Cawley said the decision wasn't entirely down to Scott. It's unclear if he meant only this decision or Holden/Appleton too.
  • Options
    Hopefully.
  • Options
    Just saw him walking down Floyd Road away from the ground with security around him? Anyone else see this? 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Just saw him walking down Floyd Road away from the ground with security around him? Anyone else see this? 
    At about 2.20 he was walking into the east stand with a group of security. Assume he's just visiting different areas of the ground to meet people. Seemed in a good mood, laughing and joking with whoever he was with.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    At about 2.20 he was walking into the east stand with a group of security. Assume he's just visiting different areas of the ground to meet people. Seemed in a good mood, laughing and joking with whoever he was with.
    Hmm wishful thinking! 
  • Options
    Add Fiorini and possibly Ladapo to the 'success rate' of Andy Scott. 
    Absolutely useless. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    If anyone sees him again, I suggest laying one on him - he's THE biggest danger to this club at the moment. No strategy, no idea, no plan, no hope. We've signed an ABSOLUTE load of shite and that's putting it mildly. I pray that NJ is able to sort this out.