Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto @Bromley Addicks 31 July 2023

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
Delighted to announce that Bromley Addicks President and local boy Scott Minto will be our guest on Monday July 31st 2023 at our usual venue, Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club, Queensway Petts Wood BR5 1DH

The Q & A begins at 7.30pm

Free entry and all Addicks welcome

We have four more provisional meeting dates agreed for the 23/24 season which we'll confirm when we know the guests

In the meantime follow us on twitter @AddicksBromley

Comments

• Options
    Just waiting for East Kent Addicks to announce he’s with them on the 31st July as well 
  • Options
    The club is two minutes walk from Petts Wood Station and there is also free street parking after 6.30.

• Options
    We're in the upstairs room accessed via the stairs on the left before you reach the downstairs bar. 

There is a slightly smaller upstairs bar as well.

We do a voluntary collection at half time which pays for the room hire & excess goes to things like player shirt sponsorship or charity.
  • Options

The Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club, Queensway Petts Wood BR51DH.

Just to remind you, the RBL is located to the right of Morrisons and to the left of the Shell Petrol station.

The meeting will get under way at 7.30pm and will be the normal Q&A session.

NB our meetings are FREE to attend and membership is also FREE.

• Options
    A great little venue, one to be enjoyed.  Into the bargain you get an enjoyable evening, nobody will be disappointed.

• Options
    Bump. 
  • Options
    Top man, used to see him in T's a lot back in the day :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be there but depends on what time I finish work. I am due to finish at 6pm, but usually 6.30pm. 
  • Options
    We don't start till 7.30 so get along when you have finished work.
  • Options

Charlton top, Forest shorts - who supplied the socks?
  • Options

Charlton top, Forest shorts - who supplied the socks?

Now if I still had my programme collection.......................
  • Options
    Top bloke, top evening, thank you for organising!
  • Options
    Excellent evening at Bromley Supporters Club with Scott. Really interesting and varied discussion, especially about Charlton TV. 
  • Options
    for those of us not from Bromley and the surrounding area can someone please give us some details of what was said about CTV for the coming season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    for those of us not from Bromley and the surrounding area can someone please give us some details of what was said about CTV for the coming season
    Sorry, we're too "niche" for that.  :)³

Things to do but will type up some notes later
  • Options
    Sorry, we're too "niche" for that.  :)³

Things to do but will type up some notes later
    I asked for that :) - what does the "3" mean?

look forward to your scribble in due course - thanks
  • Options
    Not sure why the "3" appeared, a ghost in the machine.
  • Options
    Charlton TV is only guaranteed until the end of August , but Scott is obviously hoping that the new owners will continue with it. He can see that player recruitment is the number one priority and that decisions on other matters must wait their turn. 
    I don't suppose anyone asked (or already knows) what the annual cost of it is? 

I'd want to suggest to the new guys that they give it the season and look at how they can make the most of it financially. If they axe it, and then the Saturday blackout thing falls apart in a season or two, as I expect, they may kick themselves, especially as Scott may have moved on to something else and couldn't return.

He's a class act all round.
  • Options
    If CATV match purchase price doubled would take up be the same? I think it is a great service, probably the best league club TV offering out there, but to make sense perhaps the new owners will need to be persuaded to keep it. If it has been break even or marginal loss overall, doubling the income would be attractive, but if fans would not be interested at that price, what would be the point? If fans would pay £20 rather than £10 to watch at home, maybe we need the Trust or a n other group do a Methven through a survey which signals we’ll pay more to keep our CATV. For away games I cannot get to I would pay more than I currently do for sure. 

Btw, before anybody scoffs at the thought of CATV having been run at a marginal loss, we are talking about a previous owner that believed he could fill the Valley every home game and I believe saw CATV as a great advert for attending games rather than a cheaper alternative to catching games. Thinking was warped beyond belief as we all know..
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Charlton TV is only guaranteed until the end of August , but Scott is obviously hoping that the new owners will continue with it. He can see that player recruitment is the number one priority and that decisions on other matters must wait their turn. 
    I don't suppose anyone asked (or already knows) what the annual cost of it is? 

I'd want to suggest to the new guys that they give it the season and look at how they can make the most of it financially. If they axe it, and then the Saturday blackout thing falls apart in a season or two, as I expect, they may kick themselves, especially as Scott may have moved on to something else and couldn't return.

He's a class act all round.
    Amazingly, someone there did actually think to ask that question.

He didn't know the costs or what the profit or loss figures are but accepted that it is difficult to attract new viewers when we are playing in league 1.

SM did suggest that sponsorship might be a solution although he didn't say if that has or hasn't been taken any further.
  • Options
    I have already paid my annual subscription for the next 12 months, guess I should have checked the proposed content before paying.