Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like the slow boat from the Cayman Islands has finally docked in London with an update for Companies House on board re Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 

15 Aug 2023 Termination of appointment of Leo Rifkind as a director on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Notification of Se7 Partners Limited as a person with significant control on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Termination of appointment of Thomas Sandgaard as a director on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Cessation of Clear Ocean Capital Limited as a person with significant control on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Appointment of Mr James Richard Rodwell as a director on 21 July 2023

and similar changes for Charlton Athletic Womens Football Club Ltd https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08396323/filing-history

Presumably news of further appointments to follow?
  • Options
    Well, time to spend the cash 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Looks like the slow boat from the Cayman Islands has finally docked in London with an update for Companies House on board re Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 

15 Aug 2023 Termination of appointment of Leo Rifkind as a director on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Notification of Se7 Partners Limited as a person with significant control on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Termination of appointment of Thomas Sandgaard as a director on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Cessation of Clear Ocean Capital Limited as a person with significant control on 21 July 2023

15 Aug 2023 Appointment of Mr James Richard Rodwell as a director on 21 July 2023

and similar changes for Charlton Athletic Womens Football Club Ltd https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08396323/filing-history

Coc's out!
  • Options
    I have my suspicions that we may have another bunch of chancers on our hands, but I will reserve judgement until the window shuts at 11 on September the 1st.

The one advantage of this lot is that there will be so many targets to slag off, and the keen investigative minds amoungst our support will soon smoke em out.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    N01R4M said:

Coc's out!

• Options
    I have my suspicions that we may have another bunch of chancers on our hands, but I will reserve judgement until the window shuts at 11 on September the 1st.

The one advantage of this lot is that there will be so many targets to slag off, and the keen investigative minds amoungst our support will soon smoke em out.
    Really don't know what to make of it all, our "billionaires" & assorted associates pay 10/12 million for a struggling 3rd division football club (that sandgaard paid approx 1mill for) that is losing 6/7 million a year & yet our recruiting policy seems to be mainly crocks that are out of contract & are struggling for fitness & we'll probably end up mid table again. charlie boy has got his percentage for all of his "hard work" in getting this deal together, his mates are employed as the SMT but what do the investors get out of it ??? They are not interested in the daily running of the club ( as reported by reams) so what is their long term plan ? Maybe they've just been sold a pup by methven or maybe they think they could get planning permission for the assets somewhere down the line & I know we've been over this many times before but it baffles me why they're investing approx 25million over the next 2 years (purchase price +running costs) but they don't appear to be funding a promotion winning squad. As you say let's wait until 01/09/23 but we've been left with one striker for the last 6 weeks & we're still woefully short across the whole squad so I won't be holding my breath.
    What assets!?  Roland still holds them…
  • Options

Really don't know what to make of it all, our "billionaires" & assorted associates pay 10/12 million for a struggling 3rd division football club (that sandgaard paid approx 1mill for) that is losing 6/7 million a year & yet our recruiting policy seems to be mainly crocks that are out of contract & are struggling for fitness & we'll probably end up mid table again. charlie boy has got his percentage for all of his "hard work" in getting this deal together, his mates are employed as the SMT but what do the investors get out of it ??? They are not interested in the daily running of the club ( as reported by reams) so what is their long term plan ? Maybe they've just been sold a pup by methven or maybe they think they could get planning permission for the assets somewhere down the line & I know we've been over this many times before but it baffles me why they're investing approx 25million over the next 2 years (purchase price +running costs) but they don't appear to be funding a promotion winning squad. As you say let's wait until 01/09/23 but we've been left with one striker for the last 6 weeks & we're still woefully short across the whole squad so I won't be holding my breath.
     I'm really not convinced that is the case. Is there any evidence of this?
    I think they paid next to nothing for it.
  • Options
    Is there any way we can find out what these investors paid to Thomas for their share of the spoils. Or will we have to wait until the accounts are published?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering the amount of investors, it’s really not a financial risk for any of the bigger players in the consortium.
    It’s a plaything, a side investment, there’s no doubt in my mind that the U.S. investors, specifically, have been motivated by the Wrexham story and documentary, and fancy a piece themselves.
    IF we get at least a play off spot, we won’t see any of them in the directors box until then.
    It’s a low risk, affordable punt for the majority of them if it does go belly up.
    I have hope, but will reserve judgement until the window closes at their intentions and levels of commitment.
  • Options
    Who was @Dazzler21 mate? Or have I missed that?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    DA9 said:
    Considering the amount of investors, it’s really not a financial risk for any of the bigger players in the consortium.
    It’s a plaything, a side investment, there’s no doubt in my mind that the U.S. investors, specifically, have been motivated by the Wrexham story and documentary, and fancy a piece themselves.
    IF we get at least a play off spot, we won’t see any of them in the directors box until then.
    It’s a low risk, affordable punt for the majority of them if it does go belly up.
    I have hope, but will reserve judgement until the window closes at their intentions and levels of commitment.
     If that's the case then raising £13milliion or whatever ludicrous price it was ,for transfers shouldn't be an issue?
    That would be a huge budget at this level.

So why then are we rumoured to be in the market for crocks from the league above and strikers from Timbuktu?
  • Options
    I would agree, I think we have dropped 4 points definitely so far. If we were a bit luckier we wouldn't have but it was a much greater risk without a partner for May. Scoring is too hard for us at the moment.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
     If that's the case then raising £13milliion or whatever ludicrous price it was ,for transfers shouldn't be an issue?
    That would be a huge budget at this level.

So why then are we rumoured to be in the market for crocks from the league above and strikers from Timbuktu?
    Having the money and willingness to spend it are two different things
  • Options
    To me everything at the moment seems the same old same old, with the gloriously sinister addition of maximising the fruits of our current golden generation.
  • Options
    The wage budget is, and has been one of the highest in the league. As a club we are loosing millions per year so I don't expect that to increase. The problem is the players on relatively high wages that we don't or can't play. DJ, Kirk, Mcgrandles, Aneke, Payne etc. Hopefully they spend the money more wisely in future, suspect it will take a couple of windows to build a half decent squad
  • Options
    CafcWest said:

& ?! Does that mean they can't be sold ?
  • Options

I'm really not convinced that is the case. Is there any evidence of this?
    I think they paid next to nothing for it.
    Well we've been led to believe that but maybe you're right, that would certainly make more sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcWest said:

Err...no....but not for the benefit of the new owners...and not a reason for them to buy the club.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    CafcWest said:

Err...no....but not for the benefit of the new owners...and not a reason for them to buy the club.
    Err... right ok... well that's cleared that up.
  • Options
    If/when they don’t strengthen this mid-table squad they’ll just blame Sandgaard. 
  • Options
    FFP and Sandgaard I'm sure. 

They have a free year to cut costs and rely on youth while blaming the previous ownership. 
  • Options

They have a free year to cut costs and rely on youth while blaming the previous ownership. 
    Sorry mate, but what do you mean by "they have a free year"?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Maybe years of being run badly, has a longer term effect? If a business is run so badly for many years, and has pre existing deals in place, it is going to take a while to resolve. 

They were never going to come in and throw millions and millions at it, that has been the message from the get go!

There is money to spend, and improvements have already been made to the club..

You always had a negative outlook on it from the start.. 
    They don't need to throw millions at it, they need to spend what is required to get us out of League One before the fans turn and season ticket dip below 5k next summer
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Maybe years of being run badly, has a longer term effect? If a business is run so badly for many years, and has pre existing deals in place, it is going to take a while to resolve. 

They were never going to come in and throw millions and millions at it, that has been the message from the get go!

There is money to spend, and improvements have already been made to the club..

You always had a negative outlook on it from the start.. 
    They don't need to throw millions at it, they need to spend what is required to get us out of League One before the fans turn and season ticket dip below 5k next summer
    And they haven't put money in yet then??

Players like May, Camara, Edun and Taylor were not cheap! close to a million spent on them 4.. 
  • Options
    All the talk of signing a striker which is needed but in my view it’s the defence which is so poor , the 3 centre backs that have played so far are just not good enough !