Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic FC vs Morecambe FC | Saturday 22nd April 2023 KO 3:00PM

Morecambe find themselves in the relegation zone largely because of their very poor away form. Step up the ever-charitable CAFC. Charlton started flat and found themselves 1-0 down after an errant touch by Aaron Henry provided a chance for Morecambe’s Stockton, whose thirty yard, perfectly-placed strike blew past Ashley Maynard-Brewer into the top left corner. But by halftime, Charlton found a bit more tempo that resulted in an equaliser courtesy of Jes Rak-Sakyi from a Jack Payne cross.

The second half found Charlton with a bit of wind under their sails. The problem was, we conceded twice more to put the contest beyond us. A few personnel changes and a goal from sub Scott Fraser brought us closer, but Morecambe stood resolute.

Poor afternoon of football. 

Charlton 2 Morecambe 3

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    In some ways worse than last week's debacle. Awful performance and should not be surprised really after the season we supporters have had to endure.
  • Options
    Useless cnuts!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was rubbish. Morecombe were also rubbish but still scored 3 which tells you how bad things are
  • Options
    Didn’t see the game so hard for me to pass judgement but losing at home to relegation threatened MORCAMBE doesn’t sound good.
  • Options
    Was at the game. Won't be renewing for next year. Predicted a loss anyway. This steady decline is too painful to watch anymore.
  • Options
    Miles was particularly poor. To coin a phrase has his head been turned? Then again everyone was poor. The Henry experiment sadly didn’t work and as FishCostaFortune said a showcase of our entire season in one match. 
  • Options
    That was so bad.
    No pace, no character, no ability to pass through midfield.
    We deserved nothing from the game and that ref made damn sure we got nothing.

That's  me finished for this season cos I'm  on holiday next week.
  • Options
    Kanu, Fraser and Campbell all looked good when they came on, perhaps it was a mistake to leave them out. 

Our midfield was completely wrong today, slow, one paced and passing to the oppo more than our players.

what we would have done this season without JRS
    It doesn't matter who they bring on as subs as they have usually been crap the week before, hence not starting.
  • Options
    The Henry selection was puzzling. 
  • Options
    That’s was a new low for me, really poor performance against a relegation team who looked more committed, organised and skillfull all over the pitch. Very few players would be here next year for me but I can’t see there being the funds or expertise to make that happen. More of the same next year I fear. Clare only player I thought put in a shift, Fraser did ok when he came on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very glad I gave that a miss by all accounts 
  • Options
    Dale Stephens speaks very well and would make an excellent TV pundit!
  • Options
    I don't think so. Holden wants to look at him to see if he is worth keeping.
    Is that not what training is for? 

If he's clearly a step below everyone else, why would he need to play in a game for that to be evident? 
  • Options
    It’s difficult because people have been calling out for weeks since we were safe and had nothing to play for ‘to give the youth a chance’ so in some respect I guess there’s no issue we tried him out.

The issue for me is we seemed to completely change tactically to accommodate that, and for large parts of the game we looked clueless for it. 
  • Options
    Disappointing, but while we weren't great going forward, we still scored twice, enough to get something out of the game without the defensive howlers.

Henry wasn't good, but it was right to give him a start. And others weren't much better, Dobson had a poor first half, Hector was all over the place while AMB didn't cover himself in glory with the goals either. Miles struggled too, showing his inexperience, so basically our entire spine was weak.
  • Options
    Knew we were going to lose the minute I heard the stat about how long since they have won. We must be close to some kind of record of allowing teams with awful streaks to break the hoodoo? 
  • Options
    I don't think so. Holden wants to look at him to see if he is worth keeping.
    Is that not what training is for? 

If he's clearly a step below everyone else, why would he need to play in a game for that to be evident? 
    Absolutely not. Training can give a false impression as the intensity can't compete with a match.