Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton’s 2023/24 pre-season schedule

Comments

• Options
    I wont be going - 

Bogs get smashed up so cant have a piss after the game

We lose to a last minute goal

Get kept behind in the rain for 30 mins.

Think I'd rather poke my eyes out with a rusty nail. 

• Options
    Do we have enough players to put out a team?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Kap10 said:
    Last time we played Millwall away in a friendly we won the league…
    Time before that we got relegated.
    We won 3-1 and more surprisingly Jimmy Fat Boy Hasselbank scored.
    4-1 wasn't it?
    I must have left early lol

• Options
    Jesus a game against our closest rivals and already the I’m not going lines are out, yes I know we will probably get stuffed again, shame as most local rivals would be buzzing for the game, even palace would turn up in numbers for this. 
  • Options
    Jesus a game against our closest rivals and already the I’m not going lines are out, yes I know we will probably get stuffed again, shame as most local rivals would be buzzing for the game, even palace would turn up in numbers for this. 
    Millwall flu 😉
  • Options
    I wont be going - 

Bogs get smashed up so cant have a piss after the game

We lose to a last minute goal

Get kept behind in the rain for 30 mins.

Think I'd rather poke my eyes out with a rusty nail. 

Unlike you to have such a positive outlook on proceedings.......
  • Options
    i would turn out for a league game or FA cup game but a friendly? It's just too much hassle.
  • Options
    i would turn out for a league game or FA cup game but a friendly? It's just too much hassle.
    That makes a lot of sense, but for those of us who live a long way from London and don't get to all that many games, an away friendly in London is sometimes the only way we'll ever get a ticket. Precisely because so many of the regulars won't prioritise it.
  • Options
    It's a pre season friendly, which means nothing. It's about getting the squad fit and playing as a team, rather than the result.
  • Options
    Had a spanner mate WhatsApp me this morning on about it, telling me it’s 27 years. I replied that if he on about pre season friendly games, then its not, also told him that we hold the record of length of time without defeat to the spanners. Still it’s their cup final and they’re getting excited about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a spanner mate WhatsApp me this morning on about it, telling me it’s 27 years. I replied that if he on about pre season friendly games, then its not, also told him that we hold the record of length of time without defeat to the spanners. Still it’s their cup final and they’re getting excited about it.
    We played six games in that period. This current period is ongoing and has 12 games in it. so TWELVE times you have played us without a single win. 

• Options
    I messaged the WhatsApp group and I’m now heartbroken.  They didn’t take the piss or anything, it was something like “ah sweet that’ll do for a midweek”.  We’ve sunk so low they’re not even mocking us for it.  
  • Options
    If it’s a Millwall win or a draw expect a healthy rendition of “you’ll never beat Millwall”. If you win, well it’s only a friendly, meh 😗
  • Options
    If it’s a Millwall win or a draw expect a healthy rendition of “you’ll never beat Millwall”. If you win, well it’s only a friendly, meh 😗
    Yep.
  • Options
    When are the players expected back for training?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    When are the players expected back for training?
    Thursday 22nd I believe.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Dartford friendly are now on sale from the link below.
    https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/darcha23/dartford-fc-v-charlton-athletic
  • Options
    Anyone planning on going to Malaga? Any ideas on hotels as I can’t find a cheap one all seem to be very expensive 
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Anyone planning on going to Malaga? Any ideas on hotels as I can’t find a cheap one all seem to be very expensive 
    We went through AirBnB. Local apartment in San Pedro, not far from where the game/training session will be and just along from Puerto Banus. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if there’s gonna be an all friendlys pass on Charlton TV ?
  • Options
    Will we not now play Orient in Malaga too near to the League game
  • Options
    Was thinking that too.
  • Options
    Was thinking that too.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Anyone know if there’s gonna be an all friendlys pass on Charlton TV ?
    I emailed the club yesterday re CTV and am waiting for an answer
  • Options
    Rail strikes called by the RMT on the 20th/22nd & 29th July.
    This will affect the home game against Aberdeen, it will probably mean a limited service [half-hourly] will run on Southeastern between London Bridge & Dartford.
  • Options
    For the Gillingham game, we’ll be in the Gordon Road covered stand (opposite the main stand) instead of behind the goal on that scaffold 
  • Options
    Only just realised the Welling game is all ticket, whereas the Dartford isn't. Also noted the Welling game is £15 v Dartford's £10. Even worse for concessions. £10 v £5. Sounds like a rip off to me although I'll still go! 
  • Options
    Only 9 players shown in the training video posted by the club on Twitter including 2 keepers. 
  • Options
    The players will be desperately trying to injure their opponents  :D