Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton’s 2023/24 pre-season schedule

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    I’m planning to head over. 

Roughly how many have we had do these trips historically? 
    I have been looking but finding it hard to find a decent deal. £400 for 3 nights is best I’m looking at with half decent hotel 
  • Options
    Just looked on Sky Scanner, for a Wednesday 12th - Monday 17th trip to Malaga, flights are around £70-£90 return (variety of flights from Gatwick, Stanstead and Luton)

If you want to stay in Malaga itself, then hotel prices start around £50 a night
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

I reckon we’ll have about eight first team players by mid-July. 
    Donchya know, it's the Youth Team U18 pre-season trip to Malaga, as a reward for their stunning season.

Supporters will also be able to watch what little remains of last season's squad of senior players, cleaning boots and fag duties.  :p

• Options
    cafctom said:

When we played Gaz Metan in Spain, I was the only (non-family) supporter there. I think. 
  • Options
    Was Gaz Metan the one that got abandoned? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't know about Spain but went on a pre season to Ireland once and there were probably 300 plus.
  • Options
    The issue here maybe related to who is going to pay for this trip?!

Cant see TS covering staff/players flights and accommodation for this when he plans to exit soon & new owners are also unlikely to fund it until a deal is done.
    Maybe I'm really cynical these days but I suspect the fans will.

I can see it now. Fly out with the players for  £800 each. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Was Gaz Metan the one that got abandoned? 
    Yes, the (Spanish) ref sent off a Gaz player, and their manager asked for an enforced substitution instead of 10 men (sensible in a friendly). 
    Ref said no, and the Gaz boys headed for the shower. 
  • Options
    Why do they have to make the Welling game a ticket only one, with no walk up tickets on sale,
    I do not want to sign up to their website nor do I want to buy a ticket until I know what the weather is like.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Why do they have to make the Welling game a ticket only one, with no walk up tickets on sale,
    I do not want to sign up to their website nor do I want to buy a ticket until I know what the weather is like.
    So they don't have to pay the staff :wink:
  • Options
    Just looked up flights to Malaga, £737 return for 2 people, not including hotel, I think Welling sounds more appealing for me (financially).
  • Options
    Slough is not too far for me. Lovely little ground as well. 
  • Options
    Eastbourne Borough away on Saturday 22nd July for Charlton u21s
    Think I’ll pop along to that one, only five miles away.
  • Options

Charlton's U21s will play a trio of pre-season friendlies against non-League opposition in July.

U21s' confirmed 2023/24 pre-season friendlies:

Tuesday, July 4th: Chatham Town v Charlton U21s - Bauvill Stadium (7.45pm KO)

Tuesday, July 11th: Tonbridge Angels v Charlton U21s - Longmead Stadium (7.45pm KO)

Saturday, July 22nd: Eastbourne Borough V Charlton U21s - Priory Lane (3pm KO)

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/three-u21-pre-season-friendlies-confirmed

• Options
    Eastbourne Borough away on Saturday 22nd July for Charlton u21s
    Think I’ll pop along to that one, only five miles away.
    Just don't catch the train as its in the arse end of nowhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton will host Aberdeen, who finished third in the Scottish Premiership this season, at The Valley in a pre-season friendly on Saturday, July 29th (1pm KO BST)
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/addicks-host-aberdeen-valley
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Can only do 2-3 nights as things stand, so will await the pre-season game date and time, alongside when the open training session will be. Anything else of beauty, culture or cuisine will be a bonus. 
    Wish they’d hurry up & release some details on this. I’m at the Blur/Weller gig on the Sunday, but would like to fly out on the Monday. Just the venue for now would help, so we can work out the area to stay & can book accommodation. 
    Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the pre-season friendly against Leyton Orient in Spain scheduled for Friday, July 14th, will take place at the Marbella Football Center in the Malaga region.
  • Options
    Aberdeen eh? Absolutely buzzing already for this one.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I think it is a good fixture personally. Hearts were very competitive a while back and I remember in the 70s when St Johnstone bought a mob that infiltrated the Covered End.
  • Options
    I assume there will be one more first team game before the Aberdeen one, something similar to the Sutton away game last summer against a L2 side
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    clive said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Can only do 2-3 nights as things stand, so will await the pre-season game date and time, alongside when the open training session will be. Anything else of beauty, culture or cuisine will be a bonus. 
    Wish they’d hurry up & release some details on this. I’m at the Blur/Weller gig on the Sunday, but would like to fly out on the Monday. Just the venue for now would help, so we can work out the area to stay & can book accommodation. 
    Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the pre-season friendly against Leyton Orient in Spain scheduled for Friday, July 14th, will take place at the Marbella Football Center in the Malaga region.
    That guarantees a Play-Off Semi-Final against them then

The last two Finals we've reached, saw us play both Ipswich and Doncaster five times across those seasons
  • Options
    clive said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Great that they’ve confirmed that it’s at the same place as the Thursday training session now. Going out on the Wednesday, back Sunday 😎
  • Options
    I think it is a good fixture personally. Hearts were very competitive a while back and I remember in the 70s when St Johnstone bought a mob that infiltrated the Covered End.
    St Johnstone? A low point B)
  • Options
     has anybody received anything from the club re costs to attend the session and game? Would like to know whether it is free, £10s, 100s or 1000s? No point booking flights and hotel until known. 
  • Options
     has anybody received anything from the club re costs to attend the session and game? Would like to know whether it is free, £10s, 100s or 1000s? No point booking flights and hotel until known. 
    Trying to find a flight and hotel nearby for under £500 is proving difficult and that’s for 3 nights