Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton’s 2023/24 pre-season schedule

Comments

• Options
    Last time we played Millwall away in a friendly we won the league…

• Options
    Marbella, Gillingham and Millwall. 

That week after getting home from Spain is going to be tough one.
  • Options
    Billy playing against his brother Zach ! 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Dean Holden’s Addicks will travel to The Den to face Millwall on Tuesday, July 25th (7.45pm KO BST) as part of the club’s preparations for the 2023/24 season
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/addicks-visit-millwall-july
    Excellent … pleased with this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would u go there tho?
  • Options
    Don't think it's the best plan, must be money
  • Options
    bore off, i meant why the club is sending the team there..
  • Options
    Put this fella on Holdens list
  • Options
    Assume they'll allow away fans unlike Palace a few seasons back?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    bore off, i meant why the club is sending the team there..
    To play a warm up game before the start of the season. Good test against a Championship team 
  • Options
    and get convincingly by a neighbour. That'll be fun! and get morale to a new high :)
  • Options
    I went to the friendlies in 2006 and 2011, both were completely trouble free and the match itself was competitive but not so that injuries were a possibility.  

Should we by some miracle have a respectable squad together by then it’s a perfect friendly for us and them, cheap travel for the club and fans, summer evening, few beers at London Bridge for the drinkers or a short car journey, either way what more could you want for a friendly.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People quick to jump on their own here, weird
  • Options
    I went to the friendlies in 2006 and 2011, both were completely trouble free and the match itself was competitive but not so that injuries were a possibility.  

Should we by some miracle have a respectable squad together by then it’s a perfect friendly for us and them, cheap travel for the club and fans, summer evening, few beers at London Bridge for the drinkers or a short car journey, either way what more could you want for a friendly.  
    2006 had some trouble at LB station after if I remember correctly
  • Options
    And I think that element of our support has, developed if you like, since those games.
  • Options
    Sorry Shirty5 but not the best place for traveling fans to go. This match could have been played at training ground or behind closed doors,Without informing fans no problem.
  • Options
    Sorry Shirty5 but not the best place for traveling fans to go. This match could have been played at training ground or behind closed doors,Without informing fans no problem.
    Each to their own if they want to go. Their money their choice 
  • Options
    You know what I mean Shirty5. 
    Anyway still no fixture Saturday July 22nd.
    Strange.  
  • Options
    Evening friendly away at Millwall, midweek, no thanks - plenty of time for the idiots to get pissed up - ripe for trouble this one 
  • Options
    Time before that we got relegated.
    We won 3-1 and more surprisingly Jimmy Fat Boy Hasselbank scored.
  • Options
    I'm sure Dean has selected this as some kind of psychological test/lesson for the players, he has all the badges it's not just about kicking a ball anymore.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Time before that we got relegated.
    We won 3-1 and more surprisingly Jimmy Fat Boy Hasselbank scored.
    4-1 wasn't it?