Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Vote 2023

Comments

• Dobbo for me closely followed by JRS 
  • edited April 2023
    Stig said:
    Genuinely surprised that anyone would think it should be anyone other than Dobbo.
    A lot of people seem to be swayed by one (Shrewsbury) game. Short memories.
  • Dobson's average (roughly) looks like around a 6.5 looking at the stat bank. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dobson's average (roughly) looks like around a 6.5 looking at the stat bank. 
    How’s the possible for a consistently 8 out of 10 player 😉.
  • Give our player of the year to a loanee? No thanks.
  • Nadou said:
    Give our player of the year to a loanee? No thanks.
    Half the squad are out of contract in June some from deals that were shorter than his.  What difference does it make if you’ve played well.
  • edited April 2023
    Dobbo
    He was carrying the team earlier in the season.
    Leaburn and AMB close. 
    Not in favour of giving it to loan players. 
  • se9addick said:
    Can only be JRS , I mean yes he’s not been perfect but they’ve all had plenty of nothing games .
    Give me a natural silky game winner over a work horse every day of the week .
    Watching him turn this shithouse league inside out has been a pleasure in a sea of shit .
    Palace players should be banned from eligibility. 
    But good enough to be selected every week & be our joint top-goal scorer. Without him we'd be in the bottom 4. 

But if sending Palace down 18 years ago means that much to you then crack on. I think I know who has had the better times since. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JRS, a joy to watch.
  • se9addick said:
    Can only be JRS , I mean yes he’s not been perfect but they’ve all had plenty of nothing games .
    Give me a natural silky game winner over a work horse every day of the week .
    Watching him turn this shithouse league inside out has been a pleasure in a sea of shit .
    Palace players should be banned from eligibility. 
    But good enough to be selected every week & be our joint top-goal scorer. Without him we'd be in the bottom 4. 

But if sending Palace down 18 years ago means that much to you then crack on. I think I know who has had the better times since. 
    Chill, I was joking. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Totally agree with ya Deano,whilst he is wearing out Shirt as far as I’m concerned he is our player & if he is considered the best player,I myself just don’t understand how anyone couldn’t vote for him just because of his ties with that club…when he as gone & know doubt it will be soon anyways,peeps will either follow his progression or not…but right now in our red & white he is right up there,I’m sorry if that appears wrong to some…
  • Don’t expect Deano to understand.
    Nor do i expect anyone else to feel the same.
    So no need for any apologies Northheath 😁
  • Sean Clare
  • Any votes been taken around the ground today, or is it a bit too eariy yet? 
  • If JRS doesn't win it'll be a piss take.
  • edited April 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    If JRS doesn't win it'll be a piss take.
    Even without the hijacking by Palace fans and other personal devices that can be used on,  I would have to agree with your comment 
  • I don't think there is any doubt that Jes is our most gifted player. He's the one that gets you off your seat.
    And I think he has hit a rich vein of form recently.
    I also remember a game he didn't start, might have been the only one, when I distinctly remember thinking, oh good he hasn't done anything for weeks.
    I have had a word with myself and accept that I mustn't discount him just because he is Palace.
    So he is a contender for sure and if he gets it I will be thrilled for him.
    I just think that if you take Dobbo out of our team, we would be in the bottom 8.

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2023
    Rak Sakyi being a loan player and a Palace player will cost him votes but considering JRS only played U21 football before, he's had a great loan season at Cafc.
    Struggles with the defensive part of the game and not sure if Premier defenders are so gullible but he may go on loan to the championship for the first part of next season before making the Palace Premier 18 man squad.
    13 league goals and 7 League assists is impressive. 

Dobson is still our most consistent player.

• George Dobson is ever present this season. So far this season he has made 141 successful tackles. If you are not impressed by that, then you really ought to be. It's twelve more than any other player in the country! Take Dobson out of the team and we we would be bottom three.
  • Dobson has done more than a decent job this season for us but we’re so shit he has plenty to do in stopping the oppo ,  it’s like keepers who are busy to me, in shit teams they’ll look better than they really are but his passing is hit and miss and his shooting makes Albie Morgan look like David Beckham .
    If we kept 3 players next season he’d be in there
    if we could keep one for next year it’s Rak Sakyi Rak Sakyi or Rak Sakyi 
    Dobson is a clear second to me with Rak in front 
    Keith Jones or Paul Mortimer both equally important but I know which one I wanted on the team sheet more (yes I know they didn’t overlap much but in their prime ) but I’m talking grafter/stopper or silky magic .
  • Only three real options, I’d say. Miles, Dobbo & JRS.  Miles is a shoe-in for young player, no?  Could this be a first ever PotY and YPotY double?
  • JESURUN RAK-SAKYI for me .. Dobbo and Miles tied for a very close second .. a goal scorer usually gets my vote and Jesu has scored some crackers, all of his own making
  • If JRS had been sent off against Peterborough, perhaps things might have been different. At the moment he's getting my vote but this could change with Dobbo, Miles and AMB still in contention. I also think Sean Clare has had a good season in general. If he'd been with us for longer, Michael Hector would definitely jave been in with a shout!

Better than last year when Dobson had no real competition.
  • Stig said:
    George Dobson is ever present this season. So far this season he has made 141 successful tackles. If you are not impressed by that, then you really ought to be. It's twelve more than any other player in the country! Take Dobson out of the team and we we would be bottom three.
    Most of us saw on Saturday what happened when Dobson was subbed off (admittedly Fraser as well).
    We were hanging on for dear life with Rak-Sakyi still on the pitch.
    It's still Dobson for me, but I admit Rak-Sakyi has run him close and has been the player of the last 2 months.
    But I'm voting on the player of the season, not the player of late winter/early spring.
    I don't recall any fans slating Dobson this season, but there were plenty slating JRS a few months ago.
    I'm not saying they were right to, but it does demonstrate that he did have plenty of games where he was quite anonymous (understandably as a youngster).
    Andy Petterson and Diego Poyet both won Player of the Years after only playing their first league games of the season in January and February respectively.

2 examples of players winning in it on performances after the new year 
  • shirty5 said:
    Stig said:
    George Dobson is ever present this season. So far this season he has made 141 successful tackles. If you are not impressed by that, then you really ought to be. It's twelve more than any other player in the country! Take Dobson out of the team and we we would be bottom three.
    Most of us saw on Saturday what happened when Dobson was subbed off (admittedly Fraser as well).
    We were hanging on for dear life with Rak-Sakyi still on the pitch.
    It's still Dobson for me, but I admit Rak-Sakyi has run him close and has been the player of the last 2 months.
    But I'm voting on the player of the season, not the player of late winter/early spring.
    I don't recall any fans slating Dobson this season, but there were plenty slating JRS a few months ago.
    I'm not saying they were right to, but it does demonstrate that he did have plenty of games where he was quite anonymous (understandably as a youngster).
    Andy Petterson and Diego Poyet both won Player of the Years after only playing their first league games of the season in January and February respectively.

2 examples of players winning in it on performances after the new year 
    Yes, but if my memory is anywhere near accurate (probably not), Poyet was MOM and "controlled" most nearly every game he played.