Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST—MATCH THREAD: Morecambe V Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 14th March 2023: KO 19.45pm

Comments

• Options
    Steam is just on repeat...bloody awful!
  • Options
    Guess we will never know what Holden thought about Inniss' backheel!
  • Options
    Win, four goals, attacked, defended, shots on goal, Egbo back. Enjoyed that. Morecambe were bad though weren't they!
  • Options
    Could have been 5 if JRS had played Kanu in.
    What like saturday?  ;)

Of course he should have played Kanu in.
    Would've done wonders for his confidence.
    Check out how many goals Daniel Kanu has scored over the last two seasons. He will always get in goal scoring positions.
    When he starts scoring for the first team we will struggle to hold on to him. 

• Options
    Can someone Whatsup Minto and tell him...what's up?
  • Options
    Just cos some people don't like em... Ratings according to statistical performances.

• Options
    Refunds on their way as we speak. 

Which is more than we can hear Holden do!
  • Options

Is this a still photo proving that your stream has frozen?
    No. This is where coverage ends and a refresh takes you back to BT injury to this point again.
    I am sure they will be refunding people a % of the fee.
  • Options
    Could have been 5 if JRS had played Kanu in.
    What like saturday?  ;)

Of course he should have played Kanu in.
    Would've done wonders for his confidence.
    Check out how many goals Daniel Kanu has scored over the last two seasons. He will always get in goal scoring positions.
    When he starts scoring for the first team we will struggle to hold on to him. 

The winky emoji tells you I was being lighthearted.
    Yeh, he should have played him in.
    Having said that I am not going to get prematurely excited about a lad who has scored bucketloads against other kids.
    We have had plenty of those have we not? Charlie MacDonald springs to mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top half of the table and a positive goal difference. Could be worse.
  • Options
    wouldn't mind seeing thomas at LB again. a left footed cb did way better than penney. i somewhat enjoyed the game.
  • Options
    Glad to see Tyreece and all the other youngsters on the pitch starting and there seem to be a bit more enthusiasm about our play. Clare is our most creative player by some margin. Morgan played well, but then he always does when we’re winning. Feeling more of relief than elation. It would take a few more games like that to make me start to enjoy watching Charlton.
    Harsh, seeing that he played a full contribution in the performance tonight
  • Options
    Very enjoyable,4 goals away from home doesn’t happen too often,so one to savour. 
    30 points to play for, I think will should make the playoffs with 85 points,I’ll be disappointed if that’s not enough. 
  • Options
    Think the big job for Dean is to find consistency. I know Morecombe had a poor game, but Chartlon were a different team to the weekend. I'm not sure what the answer is, but great to see academy players coming through and playing well.
  • Options
    Has everyone's stream just stopped?
    Yup.
    Same here.
  • Options
    Never see the game but it was just what us fans & the team all needed let's hope we can take this on to the rest of the season
    Makes a nice change to be happy with a result
    Well done You Reds  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flight delayed so have really enjoyed maintaining a radio silence and reading through the match thread then the post match thread. It felt like a 21st century detailed version of being out and catching up on Ceefax. Great result, 
  • Options
    Has everyone's stream just stopped?
    After 3 refresh attempts I gave up as it kept stopping at the same point.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    PWR.

I ignored this match and didn't buy the stream so am delighted to discover that we managed to win 4-1.

12 points above 21st now with 10 games to go. One hopes that the bottom 4 won't be able to make 4 wins and a draw up on us with 10 games remaining. A point a game will see us safe from here.
  • Options
    Really rate Hector he really has an eye for a pass..,,
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Was there tonight, looked polished and took advantage of a woeful morecambe team. Travelling support was great considering the numbers. 
    Thank you & all your fellow Addicks for being there tonight to cheer on the lads for those of us that didn't make it. 

You get what you so deserved ....a really good, heartening performance which hopefully will be a springboard for the remainder of the season.

And might encourage those in danger of losing the faith to stick with us for a bit longer.

Don't forget ...

Things can only get better ( surely!) 
  • Options
    Now we've won, time to celebrate Sess's goal from last week properly!
  • Options
    Props to the Morecambe keeper for being the angriest man who ever lived. Every goal received like a death threat against his firstborn. Thought he was going to tear the net off at one point 
    Was that cos he knows we're complete dogshit and can't believe he shipped 4 at home?
  • Options
    https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/march/derek-adams-reaction--charlton-athletic-h/

Adams "bigging us up" in his interview, but in private he's got to be disappointed. Morecambe at home are usually a competitive side, they drew with Bolton earlier this month for example.