Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• You can all take your mind games and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I know your game.

Just as the 'Wot no Millwall relegation thread?" thread served to scupper your want for us to be relegated, this one is maliciously designed to do the same for any chance of making the play-offs.

It's not funny.

Called it. F*ck you all*

*Not really...well, a bit  ;) Oh and thanks for the 402 unread messages not being half as bad as I thought they'd be. Some genuinely unexpected kind words in there, so thank you  :)
    If it helps, you're back on my Xmas card list, BBW  :)
  • Bad luck @ MillwallFan & Big_Bad_World. 
  • Bad luck @ MillwallFan & Big_Bad_World. 
    Bad luck for next season I hope.
  • You can all take your mind games and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I know your game.

Just as the 'Wot no Millwall relegation thread?" thread served to scupper your want for us to be relegated, this one is maliciously designed to do the same for any chance of making the play-offs.

It's not funny.

Called it. F*ck you all*

*Not really...well, a bit  ;) Oh and thanks for the 402 unread messages not being half as bad as I thought they'd be. Some genuinely unexpected kind words in there, so thank you  :)
    Using your logic I did all I could to help by calling your collapse sone months ago -  sorry it didn’t work out - if it helps, I hope you get relegated next year - I can do no more to help !!! 😂😂😂 thanks for yesterday - great end to a shit season 👍
  • DOUCHER said:
    You can all take your mind games and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I know your game.

It's not funny.

Called it. F*ck you all*

Using your logic I did all I could to help by calling your collapse sone months ago -  sorry it didn’t work out - if it helps, I hope you get relegated next year - I can do no more to help !!! 😂😂😂 thanks for yesterday - great end to a shit season 👍
    Wind Up Middle Finger GIF - Wind Up Middle Finger - Discover  Share GIFs
    careful, letting a 2 goal lead slip yesterday and today your mask's slipping :D 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
  • Thanks MF.  No one can out Charlton Charlton, just remember that!
  • Well, judging by the Spanner’s performance first half (a very good goal aside) there ain’t no way they are winning the play offs - very average, vs a team that loses tonight and have the R next to their name 

I see nothing that worries me 

Am awaiting the Upbeats bet from @MillwallFan - BUT I think I had a bet with him months ago - I pay my way - @MillwallFan remind me (obvs, don’t take the piss, because I will interrogate my CL history !!!) 
    Yeah think we had who will finish higher in their respective leagues. Can’t remember what we had though. I’ll have a look
    £50 - Millwall don’t go up, you donate to Upbeats - you go up, I donate to Jimmy Mizen Foundation ?
    Not sure those odds favour me much. Millwall are 7 and a half to one to go up. And I think that’s being generous lol
    Booooo

Where is the Millwall ‘fighting spirit’ in you ???

Shall I lend you my train spotting notebook ?

😉
    Lol well I don’t mind having a bet against the odds , it is for charity after all. But that is just a bit one sided! 
    I’ll tell you what, I’ll have the bet, but we’ve just got to get to the final. Odds still favour you but not quite as much. Fair? 

Might have to make it £25 though as I’ve got a similar bet with Oohaah and I could be having an expensive day at Wembley in the pipeline 😁
    Ok £25 if you get to final
    Paid mate. I done it via Bev Woods link on the CACT site as that’s the only link I could find.  She done the walk. 

Good man - thank you

We will have a bet for next season, however I will wait and see what happens with Charlton over the summer first…….
  • I think a few will be getting a knock on there caravan me think.
  • Sponsored links:

• They don’t do themselves any favours do they.
  • I would’ve loved to have been there when the equaliser and 4th Blackburn goal went in.  The video that kid took was fantastic.  I counted about 4 or 5 flat caps, one guy motioning he was gonna slit the throat of some of the Blackburn fans giving it some.  Peak Millwall.  All the while they literally just blew it in front of the cauldron that is the Den.  

So, so good.  For our younger fan base, you’ve had a horrible run of it given we’ve been pissing around at this level of football for too long, and unfortunately, it doesn’t look like changing, anytime soon.  But for those of us who have been around a bit longer, as horrible as our record is against them - and it is dire, I don’t pretend it isn’t and I would love a few more wins, we can at least say we’ve had a good run in England’s top division, which is far more than they’ve ever had.  In my lifetime (born in 82) they had a couple of seasons in the old first division in the late 80s and have had a few cup runs and some promotions from League One into the Championship, but apart from that, nothing.  

That’s objectively looking at it.  Would they trade a few of the wins they’ve had against us for a bit more success overall, absolutely.  Would I trade some of the success we’ve had and length of time in the Prem for a few more wins against them.  Initially you want to say yes because our record is so dire, but ultimately, no.  

That being said, they’re in a much better position than we are now
  • edited May 2023
    Thing for Millwall now is do they carry on building slowly like they have been but run the risk of stagnating or going backwards or take a gamble on spending a bit more to go for promotion. The latter could cause big problems if it went awry. Which would be terrible.
    My honest assessment is that they work very hard and compete for everything and break quickly but the actual lack of ability in the side makes it harder to make forward steps beyond where they are now. 
  • I'm still in full on celebratory mood after witnessing one of the most enjoyable and satisfying 2nd halves I've ever seen. 

Pwoppa nawty they are, the way they bricked the Blackburn coaches in true Scum form. They've got to be proud of themselves the way they taught them Norverners a lesson.

Never has there been a club with so little class. 
  • cabbles said:
    I would’ve loved to have been there when the equaliser and 4th Blackburn goal went in.  The video that kid took was fantastic.  I counted about 4 or 5 flat caps, one guy motioning he was gonna slit the throat of some of the Blackburn fans giving it some.  Peak Millwall.  All the while they literally just blew it in front of the cauldron that is the Den.  

So, so good.  For our younger fan base, you’ve had a horrible run of it given we’ve been pissing around at this level of football for too long, and unfortunately, it doesn’t look like changing, anytime soon.  But for those of us who have been around a bit longer, as horrible as our record is against them - and it is dire, I don’t pretend it isn’t and I would love a few more wins, we can at least say we’ve had a good run in England’s top division, which is far more than they’ve ever had.  In my lifetime (born in 82) they had a couple of seasons in the old first division in the late 80s and have had a few cup runs and some promotions from League One into the Championship, but apart from that, nothing.  

That’s objectively looking at it.  Would they trade a few of the wins they’ve had against us for a bit more success overall, absolutely.  Would I trade some of the success we’ve had and length of time in the Prem for a few more wins against them.  Initially you want to say yes because our record is so dire, but ultimately, no.  

That being said, they’re in a much better position than we are now
    In one off cup games where they're underdogs they have nothing to lose and we've seen countless times over the years that they rise to the occasion and it is an intimidating place to go.

But in a game like Monday where they're the favourites and the fans expect a result, i think that can sometimes go against them. Players become fearful of making a mistake and the fans getting on their back.

• Just received this. Made me chuckle.
  • edited May 2023
    Thing for Millwall now is do they carry on building slowly like they have been but run the risk of stagnating or going backwards or take a gamble on spending a bit more to go for promotion. The latter could cause big problems if it went awry. Which would be terrible.
    My honest assessment is that they work very hard and compete for everything and break quickly but the actual lack of ability in the side makes it harder to make forward steps beyond where they are now. 
    Yet they still got within a whisker of making the playoffs in a very competitive division. They’ve been slowly building and improving season on season. If they add a couple of decent signings like the Dutch bloke last summer, which is the logical thing to do then they can perhaps at least reproduce this season or better. For clubs without pots of cash, it’s the way to do it. A slow build. It’s what Charlton did under Curbs. It won’t be easy. it never is, but they are in with a shout. They’re doing exactly what we should have been doing albeit in a division lower. Instead we’re rudderless and doing the same inadequate building every season. 
  • What personal justification is there for those Millwall fans to attack the coach, yet still tell themselves their behaviour isn’t scummy?
    ’They were looking at us through the coach windows, northern c**ts, so they deserve everything they get’.
    Is it all born of the kind of culture exampled in that famous video where the child dressed in the police uniform is encouraged to say ‘Millwall, f**k ‘em all’?

• Seeing that photo of the coach reminds me of the time I had to travel back from Bournemouth minus a window on a cold November day. Can't remember what the score was or what we did to upset them but it must have been pretty bad to set off Bournemouth fans!!
  • Thing for Millwall now is do they carry on building slowly like they have been but run the risk of stagnating or going backwards or take a gamble on spending a bit more to go for promotion. The latter could cause big problems if it went awry. Which would be terrible.
    Yet they still got within a whisker of making the playoffs in a very competitive division. They’ve been slowly building and improving season on season. If they add a couple of decent signings like the Dutch bloke last summer, which is the logical thing to do then they can perhaps at least reproduce this season or better. For clubs without pots of cash, it’s the way to do it. A slow build. It’s what Charlton did under Curbs. It won’t be easy. it never is, but they are in with a shout. They’re doing exactly what we should have been doing albeit in a division lower. Instead we’re rudderless and doing the same inadequate building every season. 
    From a betting perspective Millwall are a very interesting team to keep an eye out for. From a pure data point of view Millwall are terrible; lack of goals from open play etc. It doesn’t take a lot for teams like that to quickly drop down the table. 

Personally think that was their big shot last season. Leeds, Leicester and Southampton will make division stronger. Plus, Watford, Norwich, WBA & Swansea are always fancied to push on. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!