Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Penney (a left back!!!) signs on loan from Ipswich Town

Comments

• Options
    Motherwell FC @MotherwellFC Your September player of the month
  • Options
    For the 2nd time this season I have watched Matt Penney in the flesh. Once for Motherwell against Hearts on a Sunday afternoon back in September and now this lunchtime.

Fair player but like the Scottish Premier League it’s League One standard. 

No offence to the subject but he will no better or worse than Ben Purrington who is now at the same level playing for Ross County 
  • Options
    Not a debut for the ages but players who've been here a lot longer than Penney didn't look much more impressive. Certainly not going to rule him out completely based on that one game - Bolton are a good outfit and a tough start.
  • Options
    Didn’t think he looked great, but hopefully he’ll grow into it with a few more games under his belt. 
  • Options
    Tough game for him yesterday.
  • Options
    Kane slotted straight in but was immediately injured. 

I imagine Penney will be second picking when Sessegnon, Kane and he are all 'fit'.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think people are being very kind. Thought he looked weak. Glad he wasn't in earshot of me when he decided to shoot from 40 yards in the final minutes. 
    100% agree, poor decision making throughout the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminded me of Morgan Fox. Total shite
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    @RonnieMoore if you were a Real fan, you would have been on Madrid Life after Johnathan Woodgate's debut saying how positive it was.

He’s a WUM. Don’t encourage him by giving him attention.  He simply posts the exact opposite of what everyone else is thinking. Obviously gets some satisfaction from doing it. Each to their own I suppose. 
  • Options
    Mmmmm…..not an auspicious debut. 😏
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    @RonnieMoore if you were a Real fan, you would have been on Madrid Life after Johnathan Woodgate's debut saying how positive it was.

He’s a WUM. Don’t encourage him by giving him attention.  He simply posts the exact opposite of what everyone else is thinking. Obviously gets some satisfaction from doing it. Each to their own I suppose. 
    I just assume it's another poster's wind up account. Just pay no attention, really. I assume whoever it is will eventually stop as more and more people figure out this is not a real person representing their own real views. Odd way to get yer kicks!
  • Options
    Disappointing debut, but you can’t judge a player on one performance. Let’s hope he improves 
  • Options
    Thought he was poor, but let's give him time to bed in before writing him off
  • Options
    He improved once the player who was causing our defence problems went off, sadly that player was Corey Blackett Taylor, one of our own. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Tough Debut for Matt Penney, and getting an understanding with Corey Blackett-Taylor was so difficult as Bolton defended well and attacked in numbers and CBT is hit and miss in his performances. 

Being written off by some Charlton critics before the 1st half is over on social media or at the ground is just typical of Football supporters who don't understand about a player trying to fit in on a day when we are up against the best team to visit the valley this season.

I believe Matt Penney can do well and it's great to see a left Footed, Left back with some pace.
  • Options
    He had a torrid first half, and the second half wasn't much better. Will take some time to build understanding, hopefully Ness and CBT continue to play so they can forge some relationships. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His gait reminded me of someone, I want to say David Mooney but I am not sure that's who I mean.
  • Options
    Just a poor player really. Nothing more to say.
  • Options
    He's looked badly off the pace for most of his time here. His crossing has been atrocious despite the fact that he's meant to have a decent left foot.

He's shown little flashes, but he was poor today. Believe it was his birthday as well. Hopefully he's not out for too long. He may not be great at, but we're not exactly blessed with fullbacks.
  • Options
    Atrocious. I’ve seen better players at Goals.
  • Options
    Poor sod what an awful way to celebrate your 25th birthday 
  • Options
    Still early days days but from what I’ve seen so far, his prospects for a permanent deal are not looking good. If he was player of the month up at Motherwell a couple of times recently I dread to think what the rest of their squad is like 🤷‍♂️. About the only thing going for him at the moment is that he’s left footed.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Still early days days but from what I’ve seen so far, his prospects for a permanent deal are not looking good. If he was player of the month up at Motherwell a couple of times recently I dread to think what the rest of their squad is like 🤷‍♂️. About the only thing going for him at the moment is that he’s left footed.
    A ghoulish insight into the level of the SPL