Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Penney (a left back!!!) signs on loan from Ipswich Town

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know what injury he got? The way he hobbled off didn't look great 
  • Options
    Looks about as good as Clayden at this point. 
  • Options
    Clayden is better. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    There are similarities. Both try and play a positive game but their judgement and quality of pass and cross is not up to the standard. It felt we were trying to avoid passing to him as the game went on. Can he get better? Of course but we have to say what we see.
  • Options
    Stand out shocker in a shocking performance  - talk about a bad day at the office! 

So many under par yet he still managed to out do them. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    every now and again you watch a performance when you actually feel sorry for the player and yesterday was one of those. He looks completely out of his depth. Was he about to be subbed before Clare got injured? Sessegnon was already waiting to come on.
    He sure was. Personally I’d have subbed him off at Half time. Had he been a more experienced player then even sooner, but the embarrassment of being subbed off in the first half would have probably broken him.  I felt sorry for him as well, nothing went right for him and his head went completely. 
  • Options
    Indeed. He got injured trying to retrieve his own mistakes, a poor first touch then bad ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I stopped being a critic of new players some time ago. (Although Naby Sarr was an exception to that rule.)
    In 1992 I was hyper-critical of a very poor player who looked completely out of his depth when he arrived from Brighton as a replacement for Robert Lee.  But John Robinson turned out okay didn't he?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    After watching the video of Penney when he looked like a world beater similar to the Chris Eagles video, that must've been when he had confidence because he looks bereft now.
  • Options
    Anyone know what injury he got? The way he hobbled off didn't look great 
    Bruised ego
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Reminded me of Morgan Fox. Total shite

The same Morgan Fox that plays at a higher level than CAFC and has played 24 games this season in the Championship!

I know you are trying to talk in the vernacular of CL or football fans in general but that comment is ridiculous.

Fox was total shite for us though. Simon Francis played in the prem for Bournemouth, it doesnt mean he was great for us
  • Options
    The left back curse strikes again!
  • Options
    Maybe that says something about us that these players leave and become better.
  • Options
    At least for a while he can be left back in the changing room.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    He was absolutely shocking yesterday, can't defend, indecisive, can't cross, can't pass, hardly any pace, can't carry the ball (makes Clare look like Ronaldinho) but the most stand out thing for me is how heavy his first touch is, I lost count how many times he hit it too far ahead of himself.

Suppose this is what you get when you get the third choice left back from a team in league 1. How many more of these jokers are gonna represent our club, I despair 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not making excuses for him but he was operating in the worst areas of the pitch…..some of the bobbles were horrendous….for the first goal one of our mids should have closer to the scorer…..but he has been targeted by our fans so it’s a slippery slope I’m afraid….agree Sess is better though 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Not making excuses for him but he was operating in the worst areas of the pitch…..some of the bobbles were horrendous….for the first goal one of our mids should have closer to the scorer…..but he has been targeted by our fans so it’s a slippery slope I’m afraid….agree Sess is better though 
    Why is the pitch so bad? More cost cutting or are the groundskeepers not very good ?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    ct_addick said:
    Why is the pitch so bad? More cost cutting or are the groundskeepers not very good ?
    One left but I can't say why but everyone should know why, the same reason all staff leave or have left in recent years. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    ct_addick said:
    One left but I can't say why but everyone should know why, the same reason all staff leave or have left in recent years. 
    On loan to Burton Albion?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafc4life said:

The same Morgan Fox that plays at a higher level than CAFC and has played 24 games this season in the Championship!

I know you are trying to talk in the vernacular of CL or football fans in general but that comment is ridiculous.

Fox was total shite for us though. Simon Francis played in the prem for Bournemouth, it doesnt mean he was great for us
    Morgan Fox really wasn't that bad for us and played the majority of his games in the Championship.
    Penney has been pretty dreadful so far and I'd have Fox (or Purrington) over him any day of the week.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

15 days to get a nibble. Are you his Dad? Sorry if I offended you. 

He is a woeful player though. Just because he has played in the champ doesn’t mean he is good. Many a dogshit baller has played in that league. 
  • Options
    How   Can rent out the pitch when it’s like a Hackney Marshes pitch .?
  • Options
    Is Paul Sturgess available.
  • Options
    This poor fella. Not played two games yet at a new club and already completely written (and c****d) off.

Modern football fans, eh.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This poor fella. Not played two games yet at a new club and already completely written (and c****d) off.

Modern football fans, eh.
    Hope he doesn't read this thread...