Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match thread; Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023-KO 3-00 PM

Comments

• Can we get an update on the status of HMS Piss the league please?
  • Campbell's left foot should be insured for several million. It's a very rare artifact at this club. 
  • JonT_Abs said:
    Campbell's left foot should be insured for several million. It's a very rare artifact at this club. 
    What on earth does this even mean? Beer talk lol?!
  • 4 weeks ago I'd written this fixture off as a definite loss. Absolutely Curbs style win. They should have been 3 up by half time.

I thought Bonne acquitted himself well and despite lacklustre performances by Dobby and Kane falling to the curse of Charlton there's something bloody minded that I like about the team. Finally.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a proper battling performance, what we lacked at the start of the season.

Not always pretty but effective.

Honestly think we would have lost that one under Garner.

We rode our luck at times but broke at pace, which at times they couldn’t cope with.

Most importantly it’s the result that counts, top 6 looks possible.
  • JonT_Abs said:
    mendonca said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Campbell's left foot should be insured for several million. It's a very rare artifact at this club. 
    Sorry, clearly too cryptic

It was good to see a left footed player, playing on the left, using the flank, and providing good crosses because there has been very little of it this season due to available personnel. 

Steer clear of The Sun crossword it will blow your mind. 
    Gotchya! Was confused as he played next to 2 left footed midfielders today. Completely agree. Having a right footed left back and left midfielder isn't the best approach to building a balanced team.
  • Was it a dirty game, or was the ref just picky, as I had a look through the BBC live text and there seemed to be more fouls and yellow cards than normal?
  • At least a rest until Saturday 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Can we get an update on the status of HMS Piss the league please?
    In the English Channel heading towards Plymouth 
  • That’s a great win off the back of Tuesday. They must have been shattered. 
  • edited January 2023
    aliwibble said:
    Was it a dirty game, or was the ref just picky, as I had a look through the BBC live text and there seemed to be more fouls and yellow cards than normal?
    It was a little bit niggly we gave as good as we got and a couple were for handbags between Innis and Norwood who tried to drag an injured Clare to his feet but his minder took umbrage 😉. Others were taking one for the team challenges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Up against a very good side, with tired legs and two early injuries, pulled it off, great win. There were lots of really good performances but performance of the day goes to the Valley crowd. Totally different atmosphere to the Lincoln game and the place was absolutely rocking. Football grounds are a wonderful place to be in when there is that level of noise. 
  • edited January 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can we get an update on the status of HMS Piss the league please?
    All I will say is… the  quadruple, triple, double, single is still on.
  • Great result. 
    A different team from what we’ve been watching in the Autumn. 
    Well done to the lads and coaching staff - Barnsley are a decent side this year. 

IDobbo looked exhausted, but still put in his normal 100% performance. I hope him giving his shirt away at the end was not significant. 
  • Barnsley played some good football so it’s very satisfying to come away with a clean sheet.

Bonne looked like a proper forward, I can see him doing well. 
    Agree with this, we rode our luck a little bit and I thought they were a very handy side who played some good stuff.

felt like we went 1-0 up against the run of play

got a bit of luck and we also played well too. All in it was a decent game.

our time wasting tactics are off the scale, we’d all be going mental of that were against us.

Holden doing an amazing job, hopefully we can back him and keep him 

MOM Ness, he’s a proper player 
  • Great result. 
    A different team from what we’ve been watching in the Autumn. 
    Well done to the lads and coaching staff - Barnsley are a decent side this year. 

IDobbo looked exhausted, but still put in his normal 100% performance. I hope him giving his shirt away at the end was not significant
    Players give there shirts away all the time....2+2=5 in this case.
  • JonT_Abs said:
    mendonca said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Sorry, clearly too cryptic

It was good to see a left footed player, playing on the left, using the flank, and providing good crosses because there has been very little of it this season due to available personnel. 

Steer clear of The Sun crossword it will blow your mind. 
    Pretty certain Campbell is right-footed. It’s great that he can go both sides. 
  • I thought Barnsley were a good side for this level and we certainly rode our luck in the first half, with the woodwork being our best player. 

Hats off to the boys and Holden though, a very well fought 3 points, showing that once you cut out the errors and do the basics well, you can get results in this ball bag league.

I thought Ness was excellent again. What a player he is turning into.
  • My advice. Give credit to the manager...

But give more credit to the players. 

They did it