Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRAIG MACGILLIVRAY JOINS BURTON ALBION

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Excellent news. 
    I regret to say he is one of the worst goalkeepers I've seen play for us. 
    I wish him well. 
    Andy Peterson? Sasa Ilic?
    Wasn't Petterson voted player of the season one year? Macgillivray not even close to that even with the worst players in our history. 
    Perhaps someone else might know.Certainly not mine.
    Patterson was POTY I want to say 1997 but that may not be right.
  • Options
    He was with us from 1994 to 1999 so you may be right.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbh I think he is just a bang average league 1 keeper.

I think, despite all the shit that has gone on we have normally had very good No 1s.  Elliot, Hamer, Rudd, Amos, Steer, Philips, Wollacott and AMB are/were probably all better than league 1.  I don't think, relatively, he is much worse than some of our better out field players.  He has gone to another league 1 club, presumably to be first choice, that sort of backs that up.
    Always found it odd how he ended up @ Portsmouth in the first place.

I know Dean Henderson is an exceptional Goalkeeper, and was outstanding with Shrewsbury, meaning that Craig never really got a look in the year they almost went up to the Championship - But to sign for Pompey, having never really performed anywhere prior... Didnt understand that one
    My pompey mates were genuinley gutted when he left them, says we got an outstanding keeper....yeah right.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Excellent news. 
    I wish him well. 
    Have you forgotten Mike Salmon!
    Mike Salmon was better. In fact everyone was better.

In my opinion, Macgillivray was the worst goalkeeper ever to play for Charlton in my lifetime. (Edit: I don't count Thurum really as he wasn't around long enough for me to see him live at the match -  and was he ever really picked by the manager anyway?)

Although I didn't dislike him for lack of effort like Gunter, I could never believe just how bad he was and I'm glad he's gone.
  • Options
    Excellent news. 
    I wish him well. 
    Have you forgotten Mike Salmon!
    Mike Salmon was better. In fact everyone was better.

In my opinion, Macgillivray was the worst goalkeeper ever to play for Charlton in my lifetime. (Edit: I don't count Thurum really as he wasn't around long enough for me to see him live at the match -  and was he ever really picked by the manager anyway?)

Although I didn't dislike him for lack of effort like Gunter, I could never believe just how bad he was and I'm glad he's gone.
    I see you MacGillivray and raise you a Ross Worner.
  • Options
    Glad hes sold as he isn't very good. 

Simple as that really.
  • Options
    Not the worst keeper we’ve had in my living memory but he’s in the top three!  Seems like a decent bloke. Hope the move works out for him. 
    I hope it works out for him too.  

I know he made that gaff against Cheltenham, but I think there have been a number of players who have been worst and not gotten criticism as much as he has.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbh I think he is just a bang average league 1 keeper.

I think, despite all the shit that has gone on we have normally had very good No 1s.  Elliot, Hamer, Rudd, Amos, Steer, Philips, Wollacott and AMB are/were probably all better than league 1.  I don't think, relatively, he is much worse than some of our better out field players.  He has gone to another league 1 club, presumably to be first choice, that sort of backs that up.
    We've not had much stability between the sticks, but regularly seemed to sign decent keepers whether permanently or on loan. David Button is another one, considering he was signed as a backup
  • Options
    His stats for this season are:
                                               LEAGUE     CUPS
    Minutes played                      403          201
    Started games                         4              2
    Avg mark                               5.41         5.60
    Bench                                      18            6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he was a fairly middling League 1 keeper , nothing especially special. Good luck to him at Burton as he was probably going to stay third choice here if he stayed. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Thuram aside, worst keeper I’ve seen for us. Sounds like we released him and he signed for Burton on a free. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Losing already. He didn't start though
  • Options
    Burton Albion ended up losing 4-0 at home , did Craig play?
  • Options
    Burton Albion ended up losing 4-0 at home , did Craig play?
    No. 
  • Options
    Too good for Burton?
  • Options
    He cost us points so he hope he’s a cross between Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder when he faces us, and Banks and Yasmin against everyone else. 
    Or Yashin even. 
  • Options
    Took a lot of people a long time to realise what a bad keeper he is, but at least most got there in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never, Colin told us he was the best in L1 when we signed him.
  • Options
    Took a lot of people a long time to realise what a bad keeper he is, but at least most got there in the end.
    He terrified me on his debut. 
  • Options
    He terrified me on his debut. 
    I felt exactly the same and every game that he played for us thereafter.
  • Options
    He wasn’t great but nowhere near as bad as Thuram….the other name that comes up is Jim Stannard who had a mare in his one game but a decent career otherwise. It is a matter of record towards the end of his time at Gillingham their fans used to pelt him with celery, he having er, bulked up a bit by then.
  • Options
    In relative terms, seeing that we were in the PL at the time, Tony Caig was very poor
  • Options
    Thank goodness ..... never could pronounce his name properly .
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    https://youtu.be/VXcisBJhHdM
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    https://youtu.be/VXcisBJhHdM
    NOPE , thats only confused me .

• Options
    Excellent news. 
    I wish him well. 
    Andy Peterson? Sasa Ilic?
    Sasa Ilic who kept 9 consecutive clean sheets in the second division on the way to winning promotion to the Premier League, where he played 36 times for the club? Compared to a keeper who helped us finish 13th in League One? Cool, no notes.
    One of the main reasons that we only managed to finish 13th in League 1.