Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRAIG MACGILLIVRAY JOINS BURTON ALBION

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know what his salary was?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    The worst charlton gk since that clown Rowland insisted powell played (name erased from memory bank)

Good luck, but more importantly, good riddance 
  • Options
    Excellent news. 
    I regret to say he is one of the worst goalkeepers I've seen play for us. 
    I wish him well. 
    Have you forgotten Mike Salmon!
  • Options
    See this as a sign Wollacott is close to returning as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Nice bloke. Good shot stopper BUT I have no idea how he’s made a career as a goalkeeper without ever coming off his line!
  • Options
    Things may have been different if we didn’t have AMB on the sidelines waiting his change to prove how good he is. MacG was an ok keeper, but when Joe came in he was pushed out further and unable to recover form and confidence.
    Good luck MacG
  • Options
    Seems a nice guy but this can only be a positive move 
  • Options
    Made a few good saves which you kind of expect from any keeper but pretty poor in all other areas. Good luck to him there. 
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. We have two keepers who are better than he is. He doesn't have the distribution or coming off of his line abilities that this team needs in a goalkeeper, so this works out for everyone. 

We just have to hope AMB stays fit for the next month or two while Wallacott recovers.
  • Options
    Bye!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him but never rated him. We've been blessed with some great keepers past 10 years but he's probably been the worst of the lot 
  • Options
    Good move for both us (he'd have on 1st choice wages as a 3rd choice), and for him (assume he'll be first choice there).

Good luck to him except v us.
  • Options
    If Harness made the mistakes McG makes, it's more understandable due to building up experience. McG really was a basic goal-line goalie. Cost many points and had no clue how to guess where a penalty taker was ever going, let alone save one.
  • Options
    Good luck to him but never rated him. We've been blessed with some great keepers past 10 years but he's probably been the worst of the lot 
    Thuram was 2014 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If Harness made the mistakes McG makes, it's more understandable due to building up experience. McG really was a basic goal-line goalie. Cost many points and had no clue how to guess where a penalty taker was ever going, let alone save one.
    Weird metric to judge a keeper on, im also pretty sure he did guess the right way as well for the latest penalty he faced v. Stockport? Just that it was a very good penalty by their lad on a hat trick.

Best of luck to him at Burton, if Stockley goes then poor Albie Morgan is the only boo boy remaining…
  • Options
    How he won player of the year at Pompey is baffling, never showed any form for Charlton,  they did the right thing getting him off their wage bill and so have we. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes to Craig. Hard to understand how he was so highly regarded at Pompey based on what we saw. 
  • Options
    It was his birthday yesterday,  ours today . Won’t be missed at all but good luck to him.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I don't get to go much these days but whenever I've seen him I thought he was ok.
    I think he pulled off one of the best saves I've ever seen against Stockport maybe?

Anyhow, I'll go with the majority on here who say it just wasn't working for him here and wish him all the best.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    The worst charlton gk since that clown Rowland insisted powell played (name erased from memory bank)

Good luck, but more importantly, good riddance 
    Sadly for me he was on par with him, got worse as time went on did mcflappy
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Never filled with me any confidence. Will always remember him for that moment away at Fleetwood where he was glued to his line. 

Supposed to be a good shot stopper but I don't remember too many great saves either. 

Pleased he has moved on and we've got two very good goalies now.
  • Options
    Typical Charlton keeper, World Class one minute and a disaster the next.

Good luck too him.
    "World class", lol, behave. 
  • Options
    Two very good keepers now vying for the Number 1 spot - AMB and JoJo! Both very good keepers in my opinion!
  • Options
    Typical Charlton keeper, World Class one minute and a disaster the next.

Good luck too him.
    "World class", lol, behave. 
    Yeah you got me , was trying to be generous!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Nice bloke. Good shot stopper BUT I have no idea how he’s made a career as a goalkeeper without ever coming off his line!

Ask Phillips and De Gea !

Good luck Craig but good move for him and CAFC.

Great to see that we have two Keepers AMB and Jojo fighting for the gloves.

All good