Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRAIG MACGILLIVRAY JOINS BURTON ALBION

Comments

• Options
    The Burton Albion website says he’s joined ‘following his departure from Charlton’ suggesting maybe his contract was terminated and also said he was set to join last week but was needed to play for Charlton last weekend so confirming what we already thought.
  • Options
    Good luck Craig hope the move works out well for you 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    Another wage to reinvest into the squad
    I would invest it in a new deal for AMB.
    And some protective headgear for AMB, try and stop him getting concussed.
  • Options
    Good luck Craig. Had moments and no doubting commitment, but just a few too many errors unfortunately 
  • Options
    We can only judge MacGillivray for what he did for us and clearly his mistakes cost us and ultimately him too. That wasn't the case at Portsmouth and it might not be so at Burton. We need to move on as he has done especially as we are lucky to have at least two of the best keepers in the division even without him.
  • Options
    A good move for both parties. All the best, Craig.
  • Options
    Just have to hope our keepers stay fit.
  • Options
    The worst charlton gk since that clown Rowland insisted powell played (name erased from memory bank)

Good luck, but more importantly, good riddance 
    Thuram 

Thuram was a good keeper other than he couldn't catch a ball and was shite with his feet. 
  • Options
    Any chance he can take DJ and Kirk with him ? 
  • Options
    Sadly for me he never convinced from his very first game against Wednesday where he stayed rooted to his line. Pulled off some great saves at times but most of our keepers have been capable of that. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for a player but I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance he can take DJ and Kirk with him ? 
    MacKeeper tried to grab them to bundle them into his car but they slipped through his grasp ...
  • Options
    Feel it's a bit unfair everyone saying he stuck to his line, don't we remember the goal he conceded v Cheltenham...a fitting end.

Not a good enough goalkeeper, good news for all involved.
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. Gave me no reason to dislike him, but unfortunately didn't give me much reason to rate him either. Don't know if he was better at Pompey, or they have lower standards (don't see why they would), but he never looked close to good enough to be a player of the year here like he was at Pompey. 

Even throughout this period of absolute shiteness, we've usually had a half decent keeper but he never really made that list for me. I;m not convinced Jojo is that much better either, at least not yet, but AMB certainly looks to be so makes absolute sense to be moving Mac on. I do hope he refinds some better form for himself at Burton.
  • Options

Thuram was a good keeper other than he couldn't catch a ball and was shite with his feet. 
    Jesus remember those goal kicks?? Went about 50m upwards and 3m forwards 
  • Options
    Goodbye Calamity Craig.
  • Options
    Rubbish keeper, Cheltenham the other week summed it up. Good luck though. 
  • Options
    The worst charlton gk since that clown Rowland insisted powell played (name erased from memory bank)

Good luck, but more importantly, good riddance 
    Thuram 
    Will never be beaten as the worst goalkeeper to ever grace the Valley's turf.
    Did you see Jim Stannard? 
  • Options
    Seems a nice fella but not good enough....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbh I think he is just a bang average league 1 keeper.

I think, despite all the shit that has gone on we have normally had very good No 1s.  Elliot, Hamer, Rudd, Amos, Steer, Philips, Wollacott and AMB are/were probably all better than league 1.  I don't think, relatively, he is much worse than some of our better out field players.  He has gone to another league 1 club, presumably to be first choice, that sort of backs that up.
    Always found it odd how he ended up @ Portsmouth in the first place.

I know Dean Henderson is an exceptional Goalkeeper, and was outstanding with Shrewsbury, meaning that Craig never really got a look in the year they almost went up to the Championship - But to sign for Pompey, having never really performed anywhere prior... Didnt understand that one
  • Options
    Gave it his best, seemed like he'd lost a contact lens for some of the easy shots. 

Did well as a shit stopper for the cameras but those easier shots FFS...
  • Options
    Excellent news. 
    I regret to say he is one of the worst goalkeepers I've seen play for us. 
    I wish him well. 
    Andy Peterson? Sasa Ilic?
  • Options
    I’d put Elliot in the shit keepers end , Randolph was much better and a travesty how little he was used when both were fit .
  • Options
    After having a little one, he's moved up to Staffordshire for a permanent move to play, so fair doos. Something not all our ex players were comfortable or interested in doing.
  • Options
    His move has probably paid for bonne and Kane in terms of wages
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Excellent news. 
    I wish him well. 
    Wasn't Petterson voted player of the season one year? Macgillivray not even close to that even with the worst players in our history. 
  • Options
    Not the worst keeper we’ve had in my living memory but he’s in the top three!  Seems like a decent bloke. Hope the move works out for him. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Excellent news. 
    I wish him well. 
    Wasn't Petterson voted player of the season one year? Macgillivray not even close to that even with the worst players in our history. 
    Perhaps someone else might know.Certainly not mine.