Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott - first interview

124»

Comments

• Options
    Are we saying we needed his input to exit players and our existing staff / structure couldn’t achieve that?
    A bit odd that. Sending two players to Burton hardly uses his previous experience at Forest 
  • Options
    OS says read it here. No you can't, it's just a time wasting video rather a skim read. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He’s definitely still here.  
    Yes, I just heard him say that.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    LargeAddick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I spoke to him this morning and he was fairly happy with the transfer window.  HE did however say he now has "a whole load of other stuff to sort out" so I don't get the impression he will be off in the immediate future.
    Does it feel like the winds of change are happening from someone on the inside?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    Andy Scott reflects on the window.

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_66nqkuvp
    “Our squad was too big” - that’s a good one.
    I would have agreed with a week ago, we had plenty of 'senior' players not in the squad. 
  • Options
    He speaks well.  

As I said when he came in, I don't understand what Gallen's role is now
  • Options
    He speaks well.  

My guess is if the takeover doesn't go through, Gallen steps back in - if it does... Everything Scott has said seems plausible to me - equally it could all be bollox - we shall see 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    LargeAddick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I spoke to him this morning and he was fairly happy with the transfer window.  HE did however say he now has "a whole load of other stuff to sort out" so I don't get the impression he will be off in the immediate future.
    Cuts to the academy and other overheads were muted on that Texas sheet no? 

Guess that's next. 
  • Options
    He speaks well.  

Hopefully similar to what it was at Forest, if this is what it was:

Scott's job (Technical Director) is basically head of Scouting and works with those who spots the players
    Gallen job focuses on bringing the players / negotiating etc. as Head of Recruitment
  • Options
    I'd like him to be doing our Summer transfer window, we'll either have no players left, or have trimmed and added much needed quality to the squad, rather than signing injury prone, over the hill players.
  • Options
    @Billy_Mix
    there are many like you who are so scarred by the past that you are unable to have hope for better. The past is done. You need to look at the current position and imo it’s leaning more positive than negative!  The club is a shell of its former self. The carcass has been picked clean. There’s nothing there for a chancer to make money from. It’s far far more likely that TS has employed the services of CM et al to facilitate the sale of the club. Yes he may seem a deplorable character to most but is it beyond the realms of possibility that TS was drawn to him because of his Netflix shenanigans. They are peas of the same pod. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Bright guy with plenty of Football nous.
    Andy Scott remit was to oversee the Culling which he achieved. A Canadian lumberjack couldn't have done better with the amount of dead wood which was moved on.
    Ok Charlie Boomerang Kirk will be back but that is the perils of giving long contracts.

Lost count of the poet's on CL's calling most of the 8 players who left dog shit at various times. The only exception was O'Connell, some critics thought he was a League 2 player; Well he should be next season.

Andy Scott's interview was optimistic considering the frequency of injuries which befall Charlton players. At least Henry should make the 18 most weeks and then he can sign a new contract unless he feels he can get a better contract some where else ?

Billy Mix, I would call it a day and seek pastures new because this bumpy road has many miles to go and so many obstacles to get round. It really isn't worth the angst if it affects you like that.

• Options
    Scott very nearly says at 2:57 on that interview “first team players sitting in the stand, first team players on”… then quickly changes it to “should be playing first team football” clearly wage reduction was a factor as its in his mindset 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He does still say that, then clarifies in tidier speech. 
  • Options