Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott - first interview

Comments

• Options
    Thought he came across very well and I will take what he said at face value at this time. I feel a little more hopeful for the future!
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I feel very positive after listening to that interview, he come across very well and it was interesting to hear him talk about the 4 new people meeting before they came in and having a plan.
    Now I may be well wide of the mark, but it confirms to me, the club has been or is about to be sold. 
    TS won't be spending unless he's sold players first, Scott says the complete opposite, we're bringing players in first and then, maybe, some of the fringe players can leave....if its the right deal!
    I expect however, due to trying to keep prices down, any takeover may not be announced till the window is shut, but that's just my take on it!
    We can only get three more senior outfield players in before having to offload to stay under the EFL limit though, so not sure how that squares with his narrative. I assume he's aware of that. Didn't he also say funds from those moved on would be put toward strengthening, which would require offloading first to determine the budget. Whatever happens, January's going to be a busy month. He sounded well grounded.
    Not necessarily, he said we would look to bring in and then offload some to "strengthen further". Signing three and then offloading a couple to bring in another one makes perfect sense. 
    We have fringe players like Clayden who we can sell or loan out again to reduce the numbers down below the squad limite. If desperate we can just de-register a player to make some space, e.g. Egbo if we don't think he'll return this season
  • Options
    Speaks very well but it does feel a bit like an exercise in smoke and mirrors.

I just can’t help but feel something dodgy is going on here.
  • Options
    All the initial interviews we always have make a good impression.
    It would make the news if an interviewee said we’re a basket case, or they’re here to take the money and run, or they hope to be so bad we get relegated!
    Yeah, they’re all decent, plausible, personable, media trained, even given a soft landing at the start, but for me it is about the degree of separation between the fine words and actual results. Not many excuses compensate for (to name three recent examples) Stockport, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers.
    If we learned or were reminded of anything last night it was that fine words are as nothing compared to fine results.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I feel very positive after listening to that interview, he come across very well and it was interesting to hear him talk about the 4 new people meeting before they came in and having a plan.
    Now I may be well wide of the mark, but it confirms to me, the club has been or is about to be sold. 
    TS won't be spending unless he's sold players first, Scott says the complete opposite, we're bringing players in first and then, maybe, some of the fringe players can leave....if its the right deal!
    I expect however, due to trying to keep prices down, any takeover may not be announced till the window is shut, but that's just my take on it!
    We can only get three more senior outfield players in before having to offload to stay under the EFL limit though, so not sure how that squares with his narrative. I assume he's aware of that. Didn't he also say funds from those moved on would be put toward strengthening, which would require offloading first to determine the budget. Whatever happens, January's going to be a busy month. He sounded well grounded.
    Not necessarily, he said we would look to bring in and then offload some to "strengthen further". Signing three and then offloading a couple to bring in another one makes perfect sense. 
    We have fringe players like Clayden who we can sell or loan out again to reduce the numbers down below the squad limite. If desperate we can just de-register a player to make some space, e.g. Egbo if we don't think he'll return this season
    If we are seriously worried about the squad cap we will have had a good window.  On paper.
  • Options
    I’d like the question who employed you and who is your paymaster to have been asked.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’d like the question who employed you and who is your paymaster to have been asked.

Good luck with that!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    No chance of it being answered and would have set an aggressive/interrogative tone that frankly would not help anything or anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were we referred to as a sleeping giant?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Were we referred to as a sleeping giant?
    Must be in a coma in that case..
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Solidgone said:
    In the Cawley and Louis round up they mentioned that Scott and Holden were brought in by Rodwell.
  • Options
    Honestly, I’m just not interested in what any of them have to say anymore. Actions are the only thing that matter. We’ve had far too many people talk a good game but deliver only disappointment. 
  • Options
    difficult to take anything to seriously from someone only here on a 6 week contract in my opinion??

let's see who we buy
  • Options
    I think Coopers influence was the main reason behind a lot of those signings but still some impressive additions. 
  • Options
    Some of the notable signings made by Brentford, Watford, Swansea and Forest during his time with each:

Brentford:
    - John Egan (free, from Gillingham)
    - Romaine Sawyers (free, from Walsall)
    - Rico Henry (1.5m, from Walsall)
    - Sergi Canos (undisclosed, from Norwich)
    - Marcus Forss (free, from WBA)
    - Neal Maupay (1.8m from St Etienne)
    - Ollie Watkins (1.8m from Exeter)

Watford:
    - Ben Wilmot (undisclosed, from Stevenage)
    - Ken Sema (undisclosed, from Ostersunds)

Swansea:
    - Freddie Woodman (loan, from Newcastle (twice))
    - Sam Surridge (loan, from Bournemouth)
    - Rhian Brewster (loan, from Liverpool)
    - Marc Guehi (loan, from Chelsea (twice))
    - Conor Gallagher (loan, from Chelsea)
    - Jamal Lowe (800k, from Portsmouth)
    - Ryan Manning (250k, from QPR)
    - Morgan Whittaker (undisclosed, from Derby)
    - Viktor Gyokeres (loan, from Brighton)
    - Morgan Gibbs-White (loan, from Wolves)
    - Kyle Joseph (undisclosed, from Wigan)
    - Joel Piroe (undisclosed, from Swansea)
    - Flynn Downes (undisclosed, from Ipswich)
    - Michael Obafemi (undisclosed, from Southampton)
    - Olivier Ntcham (free, from Celtic)

Nottm Forest:
    - Steve Cook (free, from Bournemouth)
    - Sam Surridge (undisclosed, from Stoke)
    - Jonathan Panzo (undisclosed, from Dijon)
    - Keinan Davis (loan, from Aston Villa)
    Plus all the money that Forest splurged over the summer on various players.
    He signed Joel for Swansea, from Swansea?  Can't wait for our first signing of the window.  Welcome home Alex Gilbey.
  • Options
    My mistake, from PSV. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mistake, from PSV. :-)
    I thought you lived in the states, not Holland.
  • Options
    Like most internal interviews you get bland answers to bland questions and we learn very little 
    What is needed is an independent journalist to ask probing questions to get a real sense of what's going on
  • Options
    We'll know in about a month, objectively, that's the great thing. 
  • Options
    Like most internal interviews you get bland answers to bland questions and we learn very little 
    What is needed is an independent journalist to ask probing questions to get a real sense of what's going on
    But then you wouldn't get interviews at all.
  • Options
    No change from now then really
  • Options
    "fancy playing at Old Trafford in a fortnight?"

job done 
  • Options
    TS won't be spending anything as i highly doubt it's going to be his money.
  • Options
    I think this appointment gives me a bit of hope. Clearly got a decent reputation in the game and don't think he would show up for some two bob outfit.

There are still lots of chancers our there. And they appear to be also making plays to get a piece of the pie for when a serious player decides to get involved.
    We can only hope that the time for serious people who have a genuine interest in doing right for the club and not solely their bank balance is now.
    We've had more than our fill of flippers,chancers and scumbags.
  • Options
    I just hope he is fully stocked and ready for a crazy transfer window 🤪. If not I’ve got just the combination of snacks for success:

Yeah i think we've been hoodwinked a few times before, i'm reserving judgement, and lets see what they actually end up doing.

The last 2 years have been shambolic , we just need to get the recruiting right, we keep signing injury prone / over the hill players that end up dragging us down and holding us back (not all of them).

Invoke Dobsons contract  extension would be a start, and build from there.

It suddenly dawned on me who Andy Scott was , and he was a big part of why Brentford are where they are now, cynically i did wonder if he'd been brought in to help MS learn from him about how to recruit, to add another string to his bow, perhaps...