Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott - first interview

Comments

• Options
    I just hope he is fully stocked and ready for a crazy transfer window 🤪. If not I’ve got just the combination of snacks for success:

First image that come into my head when he mentioned transfer windows 
  • Options
    Surely all that stuff must be past it's use by date?
  • Options
    Impressive interview. Looking at recent, very poor windows, we certainly need some help
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Hard to get too excited considering we've been here before under Sandgaard with plenty of transfer window talk failing to live up to the hype. 

Interesting window, could be a hard sale given the amount of short term contracts in the management structure. As long as Tom doesn't think he knows a good player and Martin takes.a.step back and let the professionals get on with it that'll be an improvement. 

Can't get believe it's new money either really, any new owners or investors would have leaked out by now surely.
  • Options
    Like most internal interviews you get bland answers to bland questions and we learn very little 
    What is needed is an independent journalist to ask probing questions to get a real sense of what's going on
    But then you wouldn't get interviews at all.
    Seems a funny business then this journalism lark. You get employed NOT to ask a question you want answered. 

Must be a different job to the one  Woodward & Bernstein were in.
  • Options
    Speaks very well but it does feel a bit like an exercise in smoke and mirrors.

I just can’t help but feel something dodgy is going on here.
    These pricks must think we were born yesterday.

All a total load of b*******.
  • Options
    Comes across well.

Said we will be doing early business.
    No-one will leave until we have added to the squad
    Those that do leave will be fringe players only.
    There are funds to spend.

The usual cobblers.
  • Options
    Andy Scott reflects on the window.

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_66nqkuvp
  • Options
    There are no positives about weakening an already injury prone, weak defensive line-up.How anyone can spin this as being positive god knows...

• Options
    He’s definitely still here.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Yawn.

Forgive my cynicism but heard it all before. Show me the pudding. 
  • Options
    So we have a smaller squad like everyone wanted apparently. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He’s definitely still here.  
    As are Warwick and Rodwell
  • Options
    "With the window now shut"

Happily the windows behind Andy were shut.
  • Options
    Interesting interview, especially the bit about rolling contract but that might be resolved next week with something permanent!
    New owners keeping him on maybe?
  • Options
    This is fine until players get injured or are suspended (the former far more likely as morale sinks). Then you need to draft in the additional players but in Sandgaard's world they don't exist. This may not end well and certainly gives a clear signal as to Sandgaard's ambintions for the club. Scott seems to have been given a short contract to clear the decks and save £££
  • Options

Hopes his contract will be something a bit longer in a week – This a nod that takeover within a week.

• Options
    mogodon said:
    This is fine until players get injured or are suspended (the former far more likely as morale sinks). Then you need to draft in the additional players but in Sandgaard's world they don't exist. This may not end well and certainly gives a clear signal as to Sandgaard's ambintions for the club. Scott seems to have been given a short contract to clear the decks and save £££
    9 points from relegation zone, it's unlikely but weakening our defence options is just unbelievable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    I just hope he is fully stocked and ready for a crazy transfer window 🤪. If not I’ve got just the combination of snacks for success:

First image that come into my head when he mentioned transfer windows 
    That photo makes me feel sick and needs to be deleted permanently from this site and anywhere else come to that...imho.. anything that reminds us of that time needs to be consigned to the bin...🤢
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    9 points from relegation zone, it's unlikely but weakening our defence options is just unbelievable. 
    You could argue we’ve strengthened defensively, when they’re all fit we could line up with a completely new back four of Kane Hector Ness Penney - it’s too early to write off Penney and we haven’t seen Hector or much of Kane yet. 
  • Options
    15/16 senior pros, cheap (wages) loans and a few youngsters from the academy into your first team squad from now on 

That’s what I took from that Interview from Scott. 
  • Options
    I would definitely give Holden a longer contract, would be great to have asked this question 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

“Our squad was too big” - that’s a good one.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

“Our squad was too big” - that’s a good one.
    "Your squad's too big for you, your squad's too big for you"...that famous taunt from away fans! Not under Andy's watch though 😂🤣
  • Options
    Are we saying we needed his input to exit players and our existing staff / structure couldn’t achieve that?
  • Options
    Comes over well in that interview and clearly works well with Holden.  Most of what he said makes sense but then I'm ever the optimist...
  • Options

".. and the last two, Hector and Kilkenny - they've had games - they've won promotion, they know how to win games, they know about the pressure". 

Well stretching a point when it's three league games to Kilkenny this season (18 league games in his career) and Hector with zero games this season and 4 the one before.