Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Scott - first interview

Comments

• Fair play to George Jones surviving the interview too
  • Anything interesting come out of it?
  • Comes across well.

Said we will be doing early business.
    No-one will leave until we have added to the squad
    Those that do leave will be fringe players only.
    There are funds to spend.

Leaburn will be disappointed to hear himself referred to as a “fringe” player 🫣

• Comes across well.

Cheers bud. Of course I assume no mention of where the funds are from or how much there is?
  • Sponsored links:

• All depends on the wages they are prepared to pay. 
  • Comes across well.

I thought they were all fringe players
  • Speaks well, reminds me of Curbs. He and the other new appointees have to hit the ground running.
  • I liked that interview - we will see
  • Unless of course he’s fibbing…
  • I feel very positive after listening to that interview, he come across very well and it was interesting to hear him talk about the 4 new people meeting before they came in and having a plan.
    Now I may be well wide of the mark, but it confirms to me, the club has been or is about to be sold. 
    TS won't be spending unless he's sold players first, Scott says the complete opposite, we're bringing players in first and then, maybe, some of the fringe players can leave....if its the right deal!
    I expect however, due to trying to keep prices down, any takeover may not be announced till the window is shut, but that's just my take on it!
    We can only get three more senior outfield players in before having to offload to stay under the EFL limit though, so not sure how that squares with his narrative. I assume he's aware of that. Didn't he also say funds from those moved on would be put toward strengthening, which would require offloading first to determine the budget. Whatever happens, January's going to be a busy month. He sounded well grounded.
  • swordfish said:
    I feel very positive after listening to that interview, he come across very well and it was interesting to hear him talk about the 4 new people meeting before they came in and having a plan.
    Now I may be well wide of the mark, but it confirms to me, the club has been or is about to be sold. 
    TS won't be spending unless he's sold players first, Scott says the complete opposite, we're bringing players in first and then, maybe, some of the fringe players can leave....if its the right deal!
    I expect however, due to trying to keep prices down, any takeover may not be announced till the window is shut, but that's just my take on it!
    We can only get three more senior outfield players in before having to offload to stay under the EFL limit though, so not sure how that squares with his narrative. I assume he's aware of that. Didn't he also say funds from those moved on would be put toward strengthening, which would require offloading first to determine the budget. Whatever happens, January's going to be a busy month. He sounded well grounded.
    Not necessarily, he said we would look to bring in and then offload some to "strengthen further". Signing three and then offloading a couple to bring in another one makes perfect sense. 
  • Impressive interview. We have heard it all before so the proof of the pudding is in the eating but i have to say TS seems to have brought in the right kind of people . The length of the contract is a slight worry though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All sounds positive. If he is lying then he's got balls the size of melons as he's going to be found out within a couple of weeks. I can only imagine from his positivity that they have 1 or 2 early signings already lined up, which would make a lot of sense under the circumstances.
  • Impressive interview. We have heard it all before so the proof of the pudding is in the eating but i have to say TS seems to have brought in the right kind of people . The length of the contract is a slight worry though. 
    Don’t think Thommy has had anything to do with it.
    You could be right. 
  • To use the Brent analogy, he’s now been sacked but still hanging around the office.
  • To use the Brent analogy, he’s now been sacked but still hanging around the office.
    After 2 days? Liberty taking wa***r
  • Comes across well.

Leaburn will be disappointed to hear himself referred to as a “fringe” player 🫣
    LOL! Brilliant!
  • A lot of ‘we’ references it felt like to the 4 new characters. 

Makes you wonder how they came together and when. 

Still cynical for now. But happy to see evidence to the contrary.