Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Bonne is through the door straight away. It’s an easy deal and it makes sense for everyone involved, you would hope TS isn’t around to mess it up. 

There’s really not much out there for us. 
    How do you know there’s not much ? The introduction of Scott would at least imply our targets are meaningful if not spectacular. I’m sorry but Bonne would be a lazy signing. I’ll welcome him if he comes like anyone else but I’d hope we’re looking higher if I’m honest. 
    There are plenty of strikers out there, but the pool of strikers that are an upgrade on what we have, willing to sign and within our budget is quite small. 

I don’t want Bonne and I hope we’ve got something better lined up, but this signing feels likely. I’d much rather Victor Adeboyejo from Burton. 
    It looks like I’m trying to find fault with your posts but honestly I’m not. My question to you though is how do you know what our budget is and consequently if you don’t how do you know what pool of strikers we’re looking at. All we do know is the club have a quite well respected player aquisition person whose expertise will be over and above peering into the pool of players we’ve recently been associated with. I honestly don’t think he’d have come even if it’s only for six weeks to be scratching around for league two players and cast offs. 
    I have absolutely no idea what the budget is, I’m very intrigued about Andy Scott coming in and what he will be able to do. I just think it’s very difficult to get a good striker in the door during January, regardless of budget. 

We will see! Hopefully we get some business done early.  
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Scott will be gone from Charlton in 5 weeks.

There’s a 10% chance he might find a decent loan or free transfer in that time.

Bigger issue is the dross we need to get rid of, namely.

- Stockley
    - Morgan 
    - Kirk
    - McGrandies 
    - Aneke 
    - Inniss
    - Lavelle 

If Scott can help offload some of them….job well done !

I also think Leaburn will be sold and the good loanees will go during the window.

I’m not hopeful much will change unless TS announces a sale of the club in the next few days and the new owners are demonstrably cash rich and willing to spend within the limits allowed.

Cynic…….Moi?

Will Scott be gone ? Yes his current deal was for six weeks but in his interview he hinted it could be longer. I’m guessing that massively depends on the out come of whatever is going on behind the scenes. McGrandles won’t be leaving.
    Of course he will want more time, but if this club is not sold, he will be toast because we all know that TS will not splash the cash 
  • Options
    People give an unbelievable amount of grief to McGrandles. He's been injured basically all season. He's made a grand total of 5 starts, 2 in the pizza cup, one where he went off injured after half an hour and one against Coalville in the FA Cup. He's played 430 minutes, and more of those were from his two games in the pizza cup than in the league. He's looked ropey when he's come on for his 11 minute cameos but that's because he's constantly chasing fitness and hasn't got a run together. Nothing for anyone to assess what he can bring to the team once he's fit. Yet he's included on all these lists of rubbish players we need to get rid of for some reason, despite the fact he's been suffering from injury and he's one of the only players in our squad who's actually shown an ability to play well in League One in his career. Bizarre.
    It's really not bizarre, he's been appalling when he's played, and most suspect this is a clear sign he won't be good enough. I think deep down you know this too 
  • Options
    People give an unbelievable amount of grief to McGrandles. He's been injured basically all season. He's made a grand total of 5 starts, 2 in the pizza cup, one where he went off injured after half an hour and one against Coalville in the FA Cup. He's played 430 minutes, and more of those were from his two games in the pizza cup than in the league. He's looked ropey when he's come on for his 11 minute cameos but that's because he's constantly chasing fitness and hasn't got a run together. Nothing for anyone to assess what he can bring to the team once he's fit. Yet he's included on all these lists of rubbish players we need to get rid of for some reason, despite the fact he's been suffering from injury and he's one of the only players in our squad who's actually shown an ability to play well in League One in his career. Bizarre.
    It's really not bizarre, he's been appalling when he's played, and most suspect this is a clear sign he won't be good enough. I think deep down you know this too 
    Agree - he is useless 
  • Options
    The Mansfield thing is annoying. 
  • Options
    Club in talks with a striker and a left back, one is a loan don’t know which 
    I’d be absolutely gutted if they weren’t. Gotta be the very least we’d expect, surely. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What gave you this clear insight? Was it his 8 minute cameo against Sheff Weds? Or his 1 minute appearance against Lincoln? Maybe it was the 3 minutes he got against MK Dons? Was the 90 minutes where he played in the pizza cup along with a team made up of children and got an assist so upsetting? Thank God some of you aren't scouts when you reckon a few appearances for an unfit player are enough to write them off. We'd end up in an even worse off state than we are now
    Plus Accrington, Derby, Plymouth, Barnsley & FGR & he was f%&£%&% shite in all of them.
    I'll be honest, he looked like he'd never played professional football. 
    He’s only had around 3 hours total in the league which seems brutally short for any real judgement at all, especially when we know he’s been injured. We’re pretty pony as a team but he’s way down on my list as to who’s responsible for our current plight. 
  • Options
    What gave you this clear insight? Was it his 8 minute cameo against Sheff Weds? Or his 1 minute appearance against Lincoln? Maybe it was the 3 minutes he got against MK Dons? Was the 90 minutes where he played in the pizza cup along with a team made up of children and got an assist so upsetting? Thank God some of you aren't scouts when you reckon a few appearances for an unfit player are enough to write them off. We'd end up in an even worse off state than we are now
    It was his 59 minutes against Forest Green, where he looked like he won a competition to play. We're 4 points of relegation, seems odd you want to give him a free pass
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Doubt we’ll get a new CB when we have O'Connell, Inniss, Lavelle, Thomas, Ness & Mitchell.
     Inniss looks better post Garnerball, and Lavelle might finally be finding his form. Ness did well against Brighton and Peterborough, and Mitchell looks like one for the future. I rate Thomas too. 
    I’d be pleased to see them signed a left footed CB, but I just don’t think they will. 
  • Options
    IMO Mitchell, Ness and Elerwre should be loaned out, none are ready for a L1 relegation battle.

No idea if Thomas is good enough and his fitness does not appear reliable enough, keep him as a potential cheap bonus but no more.

Would leave Innis, Lavelle and a hopefully returning O'Connel as our only options for 3 places.  We definitely need one more and frankly if you could get 2 of quality I would bin Innis or Lavelle to do so.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    If we sign Bonne I’ll personally go and take a giant shit on Andy Scott’s desk.

might as well sign Simon Church too

both as much use as tits on a fish
    Please do! Would be a big step backwards.. I get why we went for him at the end of August - because we had run out of options.. But had 6 months to try and work on deals!
  • Options
    IMO Mitchell, Ness and Elerwre should be loaned out, none are ready for a L1 relegation battle.

No idea if Thomas is good enough and his fitness does not appear reliable enough, keep him as a potential cheap bonus but no more.

Would leave Innis, Lavelle and a hopefully returning O'Connel as our only options for 3 places.  We definitely need one more and frankly if you could get 2 of quality I would bin Innis or Lavelle to do so.
    Disagree, I think Ness is ready, the loan he had earlier in the season has done him the world of good, plus the loans last year, and lets not forget he was playing senior mens football at a young age!.. And Mitchell would benefit from a loan, as I think he has a bright future in the game.. Elerwre I am not so sure if he will make the grade. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Doubt we’ll get a new CB when we have O'Connell, Inniss, Lavelle, Ness & Mitchell. Inniss looks better post Garnerball, and Lavelle might finally be finding his form. Ness did well against Brighton and Peterborough, and Mitchell looks like one for the future. 
    I’d be pleased to see them signed a left footed CB, but I just don’t think they will. 
    Lavelle just looks more comfortable in the middle of a back 3 or 5 which ever way you want to call it. The 3 CB are now playing a lot more narrow, which doesn't allow them to be so exposed on inside.  
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    When Mcgrandles signed in the summer I did notice  most Lincoln fans main criticism was he would go missing . Wise words indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-expecting-fringe-players-to-move-on-as-part-of-january-transfer-window-dealings/

Holden says we’ll be active and won’t give a time frame or number of signings we’re after. Some fringe players expected to leave.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sounds to me there will be a lot of movement both ways in January. 

I don't know who's financing the January transfer window, but someone definitely is.

Interesting times
  • Options
    Think this could be a window where for once we aren't going to be waiting until the last minutes of the window to get anything done. Outs will be interesting, I think the only certainty with senior players is JFC will go, few youngsters towards the back end of the window on loans maybe Kanu to League 2? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-expecting-fringe-players-to-move-on-as-part-of-january-transfer-window-dealings/

Holden says we’ll be active and won’t give a time frame or number of signings we’re after. Some fringe players expected to leave.
    Sensible of him, I wouldn't particularly expect him (or anyone directly involved) to commit to hard numbers or deadlines. For one thing it may change at short notice and for another all it achieves is adding extra pressure for no gain.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I think it will be harder to get players out than he is making out.  Especially the ones on longer contracts.  For the same reasons it might be difficult to attract players, on long term contracts, who are seeking first team football. 
  • Options
    I'm going for 5 in ( loans & permanent)

& 4 out ( mainly youngsters)
  • Options

Any hints as to their heights?
  • Options
    As our new manager seems to prefer a 3-5-2 formation, seems like our wide attacking players may not get much playing time thankfully, get rid of DJ and Kirk minimum, seems like JFC on his way, maybe Stockley also and and a few young uns on loan, exciting month coming up.
  • Options

Six in. Two fees and four loans. We’ll get rid of whoever we can from a list of about eight I reckon.