Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Fleetwood interested in Stockley according to Nixon
    More chance of Richard Nixon getting something right, and he's been dead nearly 30 years!!... ;)
  • There's a rumour I've been told that one of our very promising young 'uns , Zach Mitchell is on Millwall's radar. 

Quite a few of us have been praising him since the start of the season & I've been quite puzzled that he hasn't made the bench in recent weeks. 

SO hope there is nothing in this & wonder whether he's happy to be at another club as opposed to the same one as his brother, Billy. 

One of our own.
    He's from a Spanner family so wouldn't be surprised. 
  • Groundsmens gone then more cost cutting ?
    No he quit a while back due to a certain sandwich making member of staff.
  • edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Groundsmens gone then more cost cutting ?
    No he quit a while back due to a certain sandwich making member of staff.
    AKA      BURGER BOY!!!
  • There's a rumour I've been told that one of our very promising young 'uns , Zach Mitchell is on Millwall's radar. 

Quite a few of us have been praising him since the start of the season & I've been quite puzzled that he hasn't made the bench in recent weeks. 

SO hope there is nothing in this & wonder whether he's happy to be at another club as opposed to the same one as his brother, Billy. 

One of our own.
    His brother is there.

One of our own.

What does "on Millwall's radar" mean?

As one of the better academy kids of a nearby club, with a brother at Millwall it would be weird if Mitchell was not very well known to Millwall. 

He would have been before signing his first contract with us yet he resisted any temptation to leave then.  Now they would have to pay where before that he would have been near enough free on EPPP rules.

For all TS faults he hasn't sold us down the river on our kids.  Burstow the only one I can think of who was sold/not retained and we got a decent fee for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillingham are gonna be the richest conference team in history at this rate. They are miles adrift.
  • Gillingham are gonna be the richest conference team in history at this rate. They are miles adrift.
    Eh? They won yesterday and are now 5 points of safety with games in hand on 4 of the bottom six teams.
    Win there game in hand 2-0 and they are out the bottom 2? 
  • Edun playing for the Blackburn under 21’s today.
  • Edun playing for the Blackburn under 21’s today.
    Quite like that as if he does come he’ll need to hit the ground running.
  • Didn’t know they won yesterday.

Ok - richest team in league 2
  • edited January 2023
    There's a rumour I've been told that one of our very promising young 'uns , Zach Mitchell is on Millwall's radar. 

One of 
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting slightly jittery regarding this one. It’s a loan and seems to be taking a very long time. I’d imagine there are a few clubs hoping to hijack this. Hopefully not though. 
  • T_C_E said:
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    How on earth we are not at least a provisional Cat1 Club is a mystery.
    Because the requirements are around facilities, number of coaching staff etc not just how productive your academy is.
    Not forgetting there’s a snagging list as long as your arm and according to former staff, h & s issues that still haven’t been dealt with. 
    My understanding was that the ground facilities were fine, but at the time of the visit some coaches had moved to bigger clubs leaving us short.
    I specifically used the term “provisional Cat1” as I believe other Clubs have been granted this status and been given time to resolve any shortcomings.
    Would love to know what issues actually stopped us getting it as many thought we had a good chance and it certainly feels impressive when you are there.
    Perhaps you could ask your contact for more details? 
  • ross1 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Injured before he even joined us… impressive 
    Or pulled out because he is joining us 
    He got injured in warm up according to Blackburn fans there. Hope they’re wrong tbh. 
  • mart77 said:
    ross1 said:
    PWADDICK said:

He got injured in warm up according to Blackburn fans there. Hope they’re wrong tbh. 
    Charltonised already 
  • mart77 said:
    ross1 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Charltonised already 
    Tbh I was really hoping we’d sign him but I’m hoping we move onto someone else if he’s not going to be fit, especially after Kane yesterday. 
  • mart77 said:
    ross1 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Imagine he was all ready to join us and there's been a hold up on the Blackburn side of things and now he's got injured and won't play anywhere.

In an alternate universe he was playing 90 mins yesterday for us after initially being named on the bench, and being the one coming in for someone getting injured in a warmup!
  • Getting slightly jittery regarding this one. It’s a loan and seems to be taking a very long time. I’d imagine there are a few clubs hoping to hijack this. Hopefully not though. 
    Is it? People always say these things take a couple of weeks. It’s like houses with a chain isn’t it? Needs the first move to happen before all the others in the chain can complete. 

Think we’re all just impatiently hoping our squad improves fast. Especially if Sessignon is properly injured.