Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I wonder if, due to the nature of our problem with no fit left back in the squad whatsoever, and even the makeshift players there now being injured, if we'll move on to a different target anyway even if Edun is ok and not injured himself 
  • Is a deal for the Blackburn fella dead?
    My guess is that it isn’t going to happen. For us the longer these things go on the less chance of it happening. After all, John O’Rourke never signed…
    Or Alex Ferguson 
  • edited January 2023
    thenewbie said:

Presumably there's some details that need to be sorted out then but good to know it's not fallen through at present.

Who knows, maybe it's trying to sort out an option for a permanent move at the end.
    I very rarely get such tip-offs but my Fulham colleague in the Olympic Stadium Coalition Whats'Apped me an hour ago to say that we are "about to sign" him. I've pinged him back to ask if he knows whether its loan or perm, and what the take on him as a player is, and also if he can put to bed any talk that Sess might suffer a recall. My source is well connected to the club management (he's part of a Supporters Trust that is trusted by the Board).
    Well he used to be ;-)
    Ha fucking ha. That’s Fulham, not Blackburn, you noticed? 
    But sorry, I’m just as pissed off as you are.

Blackburn got badly spanked on Sat, looks like the manager is feeling a bit of heat
  • sam3110 said:
    I wonder if, due to the nature of our problem with no fit left back in the squad whatsoever, and even the makeshift players there now being injured, if we'll move on to a different target anyway even if Edun is ok and not injured himself 

This is what I would expect, I'd quite like someone in this week with the injuries to Kane and Sessengon. If it's not Edun then I would expect we have other targets lined up. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I wonder if, due to the nature of our problem with no fit left back in the squad whatsoever, and even the makeshift players there now being injured, if we'll move on to a different target anyway even if Edun is ok and not injured himself 
    Left back is the only postion I would look at getting someone in longer term (unless one like BWP crops up at a bargin price).

We haven't got one, Egbo isn't going to be back for a while, there is no 19 year old ready and waiting.  We have got an extra squad place because I would be surprised if Claydon is registered in the squad.

Even if we bring in s better one in the summer.  
  • edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    sam3110 said:

This is what I would expect, I'd quite like someone in this week with the injuries to Kane and Sessengon. If it's not Edun then I would expect we have other targets lined up. 
    Funnily enough I would expect we haven’t. 
  • edited January 2023
    sam3110 said:
    I dont think Sessegnon is injured.

I presume we didnt see him against Barnsley, because he was rested after the Man Utd game?

Edit: Ignore me... Sessegnon was in the team wasnt he... Clare replaced him just before KO
  • sam3110 said:

I presume we didnt see him against Barnsley, because he was rested after the Man Utd game?
    No mate, he was withdrawn during warm-up.

The third such incident this season.
  • sam3110 said:

Was pulled out during the warm up, would suggest at least a niggle. at least Holden said it was just tightness for Kane so maybe he's not too far away (Fingers in ears, eyes closed, singing la la la la la) 
  • sam3110 said:

No mate, he was withdrawn during warm-up.

The third such incident this season.
    Cheers I'd forgotten that until I went looking @ the team news from the OS, and saw him as part of the original line up - Hopefully its nothing serious then
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    We have Toby Bower in the Academy squad. Well worth a game in the first team.
  • Talking of injured left backs anyone know how Samuel Oguntayo is after being forced off with what looked like a hammy strain for the U21's the other week?
  • Bower is definitely a prospect but I’m not sure he’s ready for the first team. 
  • Shane Ferguson started and scored for Rotherham on Saturday, he seems to be back playing regularly for them again. Indeed he played on the left of the front 3, rather than at LB.
  • Shane Ferguson started and scored for Rotherham on Saturday, he seems to be back playing regularly for them again. Indeed he played on the left of the front 3, rather than at LB.
    He scored direct from a corner. 
  • mart77 said:
    Shane Ferguson started and scored for Rotherham on Saturday, he seems to be back playing regularly for them again. Indeed he played on the left of the front 3, rather than at LB.
    He scored direct from a corner. 
    Good goal from a certain C Washington too
  • Tolaji Bola of Rotherham has joined Bradford on loan. He was one of the left backs I thought we might go after.

If Edun is off who else is there? 
  • Richard J said:
    Tolaji Bola of Rotherham has joined Bradford on loan. He was one of the left backs I thought we might go after.

Dont think he is off just yet but Tomasson will leave sanctioning a loan until late to make sure they arent short in any area.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Richard J said:
    Tolaji Bola of Rotherham has joined Bradford on loan. He was one of the left backs I thought we might go after.

Dont think he is off just yet but Tomasson will leave sanctioning a loan until late to make sure they arent short in any area.
    Blackburn are well stocked with left backs and can afford for Edun to go without a direct replacement.  However one of the other left backs is on loan from a German club and there is a suspicion he maybe recalled.  If that happens Edun leaving would be off.

It was a loan with a view to buy, if it doesn't happen now, I wouldn't be surprised if its something we go back to in the summer.
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-multiple-clubs-make-contact-over-signing-chelsea-star-bashir-humphreys/

Unnamed Championship and L1 clubs want Chelsea’s CB/DM Bashir Humphreys on loan.
  • Is there much point in loans at this point? We’re not going down and very doubtful we are going up either. Focusing on preparing our own younger players for next season 
  • I think loans are the only way we'll get anyone in the door unless it's someone like Bonne who cancelled his contract and was available on a free. Think we still have one slot left? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I think loans are the only way we'll get anyone in the door unless it's someone like Bonne who cancelled his contract and was available on a free. Think we still have one slot left? 
     We only have Rak-Sakyi, Sess and Kane on loan don't we?
    That'd be two left.
  • Is there much point in loans at this point? We’re not going down and very doubtful we are going up either. Focusing on preparing our own younger players for next season 
    Although play offs is unlikely it’s not out of the question. Also there are loans that could lead to permanents, like Todd Kane. No harm in a try before you buy loan 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think loans are the only way we'll get anyone in the door unless it's someone like Bonne who cancelled his contract and was available on a free. Think we still have one slot left? 
     We only have Rak-Sakyi, Sess and Kane on loan don't we?
    That'd be two left.

Oh yeah forgot it was only 3 , don't know who I suddenly thought was on loan to make it 4.

• Agree, I think in many ways, sensible loans with people who have a chance being here next year are the most sensible signings we could make. (Assuming, as appears likely, we won't be spending any money).

Either way, with potentially Sess and Kane out, we desperately need a left back for the weekend. Part of the reason we have been so successful under Holden is because we haven't had to resort to playing people out of position.