Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Senegal - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    it's a 3 o'clock kick off right? 
  • Options
    Don't be Mount don't be Mount don't be Mount don't be Mount don't be Mount
  • Options
    I think he will keep Henderson Rice and Bellingham.
  • Options
    it's a 3 o'clock kick off right? 
    7pm
  • Options
    unchanged from the Wales game should be the case .. this will be a very difficult game against a big, powerful, well organised and committed team .. we need to ride an early storm and then hit on the break, Rice and Henderson will be vital in covering our defence .. come on the English !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Just not feeling it today. Feeling miserable and a Sunday night ahead of a long work week. 

Senegal meant to have a decent penalty record apparently 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Got a horrible feeling it’s going to extra time. 1-1 after 90 minutes, similar to the Colombia game in 2018 where we were holding a 1-0 lead they scored late. England advance after putting us through the ringer.
  • Options
    Foden & Saka both starting tonight.

Assume Rashford on the bench, unless it’s two up top. 
  • Options

I thought Poland were awful in the group stage so I'm glad to see them losing.  Shame in a way, though, because I'd have rather played them in the 1/4-final instead of France, always assuming we win tonight, of course.
  • Options
    Poland very Charlton-esque, all huff and puff but no end product! 

Shame, as France have looked weak at times- would be good to not have to play them in the next round - although I feel we could grind a result out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options

Likely Line-up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Surprised we've sacrificed Trippier and his set piece ability, if thats the team

I like the front three... Think anyone flanking Kane, other than Sterling was deserved to be fair
  • Options
    For me it’s the right choice of ‘wingers’, with Rashford (or Sterling) to bring on with their pace if we need an impact sub. 

Still a bit unsure about the midfield though, be interesting to see how it copes with something a bit more adventurous than Wales were. 
  • Options
    I hope he doesn't 
    But I think he will start with Mount 
  • Options
    I'd start Walker in every game from now on.
    His pace is needed , especially against better teams. 
    Lineker had an interesting view on this the other night. Why risk him in this game when he's possibly the only right back in the world capable of taking Mbappe out of the game and you have 2 other quality right backs in Trippier and Trent who are both more than good enough for the Senegal game
  • Options
    rina said:
    I'd start Walker in every game from now on.
    His pace is needed , especially against better teams. 
    Lineker had an interesting view on this the other night. Why risk him in this game when he's possibly the only right back in the world capable of taking Mbappe out of the game and you have 2 other quality right backs in Trippier and Trent who are both more than good enough for the Senegal game
    He has a week to recover if we get through.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Foden & Saka both starting tonight.

Assume Rashford on the bench, unless it’s two up top. 
    Surprising to many given his form that Rashford doesn't start but in the Wales game, he was limping around and clearly in discomfort just before he got taken off. So maybe Southgate doesn't want to risk starting him especially when we have plenty of other options in wide areas.
  • Options
    And plenty of subs to change things. I'd expect to see Rashford at some point tonight
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Journalists focusing on the choice to leave out Sterling rather than Rashford. 

(Sterling isn't available due to a 'family matter'.)
  • Options
    slowed my self down. Bit of soup for dinner. Got chicken and tats later for tea.

5 pints gone, on me sixth. lets fucking av it!! Come on England! 
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty relaxed about tonight. I expect us to win fairly comfortably, say 2-0 or 3-1.

Next week will be a massive test though.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Sterling isn’t even on the bench so please stop with the conspiracy. 
  • Options
    Feeling nervous but surely we've got this.. surely?
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Sterling isn’t even on the bench so please stop with the conspiracy. 
    huh? 

You understand what quote marks are right?