Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Senegal - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bellingham is top drawer
  • Options
    See what can happen if you go long, come on
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Bellingham. What a player 
    So good, and at 19.

First goal settled the nerves, led.to the second.  

Fingers crossed we can exploit a few gaps second half too now.
  • Options
    Once we worked out to be direct we look a different team. Big diagonals win the second ball, easy.
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty relaxed about tonight. I expect us to win fairly comfortably, say 2-0 or 3-1.

Next week will be a massive test though.
    My prediction is looking a lot better than it was 15 minutes ago  :D
  • Options
    My wife has just asked why I am orgasming in the TV room screaming ‘BELLINGHAM’ 
    Mine’s just asked why I’m doing the same but shouting HARRY
    This sounds like the most dodgy four way ever between Kane, Bellingham, Mehmet and DNS
  • Options
    Not knocking a 2 goal lead in anyway but if we use slabhead and stones to play out against France we may as well come home after this game. Look what happens when we move forward at speed ! STOP fucking playing it across the backline ffs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    First goal settled the nerves. Much better from there. Two good swift moves to create the goals. We’re so much better when we play that bit faster and more direct. I’m jaded because of watching Garnerball collapse around our ears, but I am sick of watching possession for the sake of possession football. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
     ?

AND two in front at H/T

Love the synergy DR
  • Options
    Now bring on Rashford to finish them off
  • Options
    Bellingham is some player 
  • Options
    This last ten minutes were all from that back of that Pickford save at 0-0. 

Deserves big plaudits for that one. 
    How anyone can criticise the bloke is a joke. You can pick players on form but you have to have a spine of England performers. Maguire is the same.
    I mean he was the one player that did play poor for the first half - Maguire that is. 

But there's no real alternative for his position in the squad. 
  • Options
    That one Senegal blazed over - that was an amazing save I reckon 
  • Options
    edited December 2022

How anyone can criticise the bloke is a joke. You can pick players on form but you have to have a spine of England performers. Maguire is the same.
    I mean he was the one player that did play poor for the first half - Maguire that is. 

lol! How has Maguire been the worst player for the first half? - There isnt any point of having Walker or Saka over on the right at the moment, as they're doing nothing, Saka improved as the half went on, but he's been a passenger for too much of it
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
     ?

Ahhh Bisto. Another variety of gravy. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
     ?

Different gravy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    We’ve had the best part of one a half tournaments with Maguire and Stones at centre back and our lack of goals conceded will be as good as anyone else out there 
  • Options
    Bellingham is unreal for only 19 years old.

He is surely going to smash Shilton's caps record. With the amount of internationals these days he will probably have 50 caps by the time he's 22.
  • Options

lol! How has Maguire been the worst player for the first half? - There isnt any point of having Walker or Saka over on the right at the moment, as they're doing nothing, Saka improved as the half went on, but he's been a passenger for too much of it
    Walker played poor too. 

Saka, like Foden, woke up when we scored and has created a number of chances since. Before then, yes he was dreadful. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
     ?

Different gravy.
    Baby gravy
  • Options
    We’ve had the best part of one a half tournaments with Maguire and Stones at centre back and our lack of goals conceded will be as good as anyone else out there 
    Saying a player has had a poor half =/= they are bad players. 

Senegal had a number of chances to take the lead this half because Maguire and Stones struggled initially with the pace. 

I still want them to start the next game. It's not even that big of a deal. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Probably shift 3 at the back here. We don't know how to break a side down and it's only a matter of time before they counter us.

Are you from Senegal? 
  • Options
    Three subs from Senegal...
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
     ?

GILF
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Rashford to exploit the gaps in the Senegal defence with 25 minutes to go when the opposition push up 
  • Options
    Why does Lee Dixon even speak about playing France? 
    Just stupid.