Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Senegal - Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    pickwick said:
    Not looking forward to MBappe v Maguire though if it happens..

Mbappe playing wide left which is a positive. We’ve got Walker on him and then Maguire on Giroud so that suits us. France look slightly vulnerable and if we turn up we’re capable of scoring a few. 
  • Options
    I don’t expect either side to win it .
    I think there is no outstanding team in this World Cup 
    but 
    I’ve looked back and can’t find a fixture in the last 20 years of tourney football where we won a game I genuinely expected us to lose .
    we have lost plenty I expected us to win 

What about Germany in the Euros?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t expect either side to win it .
    I think there is no outstanding team in this World Cup 
    but 
    I’ve looked back and can’t find a fixture in the last 20 years of tourney football where we won a game I genuinely expected us to lose .
    we have lost plenty I expected us to win 

What about Germany in the Euros?
    50% England win in 90 mins 
    30% draw (England 50 % win in ET 30% draw 20% Germany) if it gets to pens England 65% Germany 35%
    20% Germany win in 90 mins 

It’s coming home 

This was my post pre that match an expected win ……but also expected us to win the tournament 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That's quite weird because I watched that film (Life on the Road) directly before the start of the England game.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That's quite weird because I watched that film (Life on the Road) directly before the start of the England game.
    Great film.
  • Options
    England still look dodgy playing out from the back - as a tactic it doesn't seem to work for numerous teams. 

If the French close our defenders down while we're farting about at the back it will cause problems. 
  • Options
    I also noted the lack of Chris Powell during and after the game on TV but a friend says he did spot him pre match in the tunnel.

Just appalling to hear of the robbery at Sterling’s home. 
    He was waiting for the final whistle so that he could jump out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Great film.
    Shockingly bad film. And I loved The Office.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England still look dodgy playing out from the back - as a tactic it doesn't seem to work for numerous teams. 

If the French close our defenders down while we're farting about at the back it will cause problems. 
    Their defence can be got at as well though, they have yet to keep a clean sheet and are playing a centre back (Kounde) at right back.
  • Options
    England always in control. Senegal were very disappointing. or perhaps it was that England were so good 
  • Options
    England always in control. Senegal were very disappointing. or perhaps it was that England were so good 
    Iran were very disappointing. USA defended well but didn't create much threat. Wales were very disappointing. Senegal were very disappointing. I'm starting to see a pattern here.